Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arizona Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum80/)
-   -   Snowing In Kingman (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/720580-snowing-in-kingman.html)

kermmydog 03-16-2008 12:32 PM

Snowing In Kingman

It has been snowing here in Kingman for over an hour. The the snow is fairly heavy but not sticking, the temps are around 38 degrees so it will have to drop a little more if it is to stick.
I guess I should of stayed in Northern Nevada. I never realized Kingman got so cold in the winter. I watched the NOAA a couple of winters when in Northern Nevada & it showed about 5 degrees cooler than Pahrump NV. We lived 7 years in Pahrump & it was a lot warmer than here much more than 5 degrees. Oh well, my wife has 2 years before she finishes her Masters in Special Ed. Actually 1 year & 2 months but she will have to sign the second year teaching contract to complete. So I here for that long. I guess this is kind of a rant I'm real tired of cold. I have hurt more this year than I can remember in recent years. I have degenerated disk disease in my back. This has been a real hard winter. It is the weather changes. One day nice then storms then warm. In Northern Nevada it was just cold all the time so the changes didn't effect me like here.
Craig

Bill W 03-17-2008 12:35 AM

I'm glad it's snowing now rather than the first weekend in April!
Craig you prolly live in the Worst place for weather changes, Hope you will be all right
Back Pain Sucks!

helifixer 03-17-2008 08:28 AM

the ground is white here this morning. we were at my wife's uncle's ranch in Wickenberg yesterday and it was snowing there.

shawntxt 03-17-2008 12:36 PM

I WORKED UP IN KINGMAN LAST WINTER,it snowed on us a few times.the wind up there really sucks and its always windy.take a ride up to the the wallys and check out the park.its nice this time of year.

UP_There 03-17-2008 03:49 PM

snowed in Flagstaff once again last night.....not sure if you guys heard about the wreck at Bellmont or not. I think it was like a 139 car pileup! 2 people died. I went by at like 3am on the train and it was still blocked. I-40 was shutdown over 12 hours! Crazy! Apreciate the small things in life! Things can always be worse.....

AzBlueWolf 03-17-2008 08:21 PM

NOW I remember why i moved out of the snow belt!!

it was 65 and party cloudy today...

kermmydog 03-17-2008 08:47 PM

Yea that pile up was crazy. But you know people drive like idiots. When the roads get a little icy they don't slow down. California finally started CHAIN CONTROLS over I-80 if it even looks like it might snow or be icy. I have seen chain controls with the roads just wet. Arizona will be forced to do the same if these crazy idiots don't slow down.
Bill, I believe you. We thought with Bullhead City being so hot in the summer the winters would be warm. But it is cold there in the winter. We lived in Yuma, & I would rather live there than the Northern River area. At least Yuma is warm in the winter. Tucson has real ideal weather year around. I have an old school buddy that has lived in Cortaro, (just north of Tucson. It is now an offramp off of I-8) since he got back from Vietnam in like 1970. I will hang in here for at least 2 years. We may return to Nevada after that. Only because my wife has 7 years in the State Retirement System. She is in the old system so ALL her retirement would be paid by the district she worked for. Here she has to pay into Arizona. So moving back would be an instant $400/Mo pay raise. Plus no income tax. So we will see. First things first. Her Masters in Special Ed. If she gets hired in Golden Valley at the Charter School there that will make things easier with commuting only 22 miles instead of 90 miles/day.

kyote420 03-18-2008 12:21 AM

I lived in golden valley for 2 years thats just a few minutes west of kingman. Craig knows where im talking about. One night a storm ripped through there and ripped the awning off my front porch in turn took out my power lines to my house ... Excuse me trailer... But any way it made my TRAILER hot with electricity. It almost fried 2 dogs and myself. Now I call it the valley of the dancing devils. Nice place to live but windy 364 days a year.

kyote420 03-18-2008 12:31 AM

I drove OTR through 48 states and the worst is AZ when the weather gets a little damp and cloudy.

kermmydog 03-18-2008 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by kyote420
I lived in golden valley for 2 years thats just a few minutes west of kingman. Craig knows where im talking about. One night a storm ripped through there and ripped the awning off my front porch in turn took out my power lines to my house ... Excuse me trailer... But any way it made my TRAILER hot with electricity. It almost fried 2 dogs and myself. Now I call it the valley of the dancing devils. Nice place to live but windy 364 days a year.

I do volunteer work at Eagle Academy on Colorado in Golden Valley. This whole area the river & Golden Valley get real hard winds. Kingman get winds but not as bad as those areas.
Kyota, Nevada gets real hard winds also. Where I grew up we got winds one year over 120 miles per hour. But 50-80 MPH winds were not uncommon. I was told a long time ago that the wind only blows twice a year in Bullhead City. 6 months from the North & 6 months from the South.
Anyway, we are here for a couple of years regardless. :-wink :-wink
Craig