Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New York Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum87/)
-   -   New snowstorm (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/717581-new-snowstorm.html)

Ronin007 03-08-2008 07:03 PM

New snowstorm

How is everyone doing with the snowstorm???

Had probably 5-6 inches of really heavy wet snow to plow today. Other than people driving like idiots nothing else has really happened here. A few car accidents yesterday when the storm all started. Mostly from people driving too fast and just going off the road. Total idiots. :-X15

littlesunray 03-08-2008 07:45 PM

here in Niagara county we have about 10 inches of snow lol I just hope we don't get anymore till tomorrow night cause tomorrow is our youngest son's 4th birthday party lol,

Ronin007 03-08-2008 07:53 PM

All the warnings on TV tonight are saying it will be done in WNY by 8:00 AM Sunday. So we will just have to cleanup whatever we get tonight hopefully.

Ronin007 03-09-2008 08:48 AM

So how did everyone else make out???

We ended up getting just a couple of more inches of snow over night. Probably had only a total of 8 inches over the three days. Not bad. How about everyone else?

Mike and Melissa it must of been something doing windows yesterday in this stuff. :-X15

ameritaz3038 03-09-2008 09:25 AM

it was a total blast NOT!!! with winds and gust as high as 33 it was alot of headaches. and then trying to drive the lift with the snow was difficult. it is hard enough to see where you are going at time and add white out snow it is very nerve racking. but job complete and home safely is the all that really matters.

krewat 03-09-2008 05:17 PM

All we got was rain. But if it had been snow, we'd be in about 3 feet of it.

GLR 03-09-2008 06:00 PM

Rain, sleet,freezing rain, snow, ice, all of the above. Lots of trees down and limbs breaking off. To think I left Virginia for this......... think I'll go back wed or thurs if I can find my backhoe underneath all the ice.

Ronin007 03-09-2008 06:26 PM

Sounds like you got the worse of it George (GLR). I was glad we didn't get the freezing rain. Did you have power outages?

littlesunray 03-09-2008 08:19 PM

well today me and mike went out to dig out our trucks and the frecken snow was up to our knees lol and it took 2 1/2 ours just to dig out and the dumb landlord has not had the crew come and plow out our drive way yet and we live in a apartment complex and there are 3 buildings on the properties and 2 of the buildings have 6 apartments in them boy our driveway looks like heck too, i just hope they have things closed tomorrow and they might come and dig us out lol, our news station said that North Tonawanda had about 22 inches of snow boy i would say we had more lol I got the info off wgrz . com .

JBradley500 03-09-2008 08:53 PM

i went to syracuse friday and there wasnt a flake to see...got there about 4 and went to the mall and when we left there around 530 it was snowing hard...went to the motor sports expo and left there at 8 to come home...what a joke, there was 3-4" of wet snow on the roads and probably close to that on the thru-way. the worst was between geneva and penn yan. it took 3 1/2 hours to make a 2 1/4 hour drive.

what a trip that was.

tiny1 03-10-2008 11:18 AM

Hi guys, I ended up getting Friday night into Saturday about 8" of pure slop.... a mixture of snow, sleet, freezing rain, rain and everuthing else in between. Ironically we even had a little 'thunder' snow Saturday night. Pretty freaky to see it snowing and hear it thundering. Yesterday morning had another 3-4" of snow with wind blowing.

tjc transport 03-10-2008 03:39 PM

all we had in joisey was wind and rain.

lots and lots of wind and rain.:-X15

GLR 03-10-2008 05:19 PM

Seems most of the problems were on the west side of rt 96. Some people I know are still running on generators. We didn't have any problems here (lucky) We did have thunder and lightning.