Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum168/)
-   -   centrifuge (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/717237-centrifuge.html)

bobrl13 03-07-2008 09:53 PM

centrifuge

I know you can seperate crud from wvo but can you use it to seperate glycerine or maybe water content after you wash?

fabmandelux 03-08-2008 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by bobrl13
I know you can seperate crud from wvo but can you use it to seperate glycerine or maybe water content after you wash?

Yes, it could be used for glycerol removal, but settling works just as good with less hassle. I don't think it would be very effective on suspended water tho.

bobrl13 03-08-2008 10:28 AM

wouldnt you save lot of time with a centrifuge?

flyboyd8 03-08-2008 06:37 PM

CF's seem to work very good on suspended water if you heat your oil.

I have a FilterFuge from IDP in Canada, 2.7 gpm version,FF60LE. I spin WVO at 160f+ and it completely drys it. the Water vaporizes the same as water from a shower head. not hot enough to boil, but the bathroom sure seems to have vapor in it. By pumping Hot oil threw a couple of nozzles @ 100 PSI and 160F the water will most certainly vaporize. and rise freely from the CF's drum.

Fab, the reason I found out about CF's was because of a post here over a yr ago. you were thinking at the time that you would try one, they were the dieselCraft variety. Did you ever get it going?

To date I have spun 2285 gallons, and that is since Oct 14th 07. 62678 driven on veg.

Long live the IDI

Ken, Central NY

fabmandelux 03-08-2008 09:32 PM

It's still in the box Ken :-huh This expansion of the ranch from 3,000 acres to 6,000 acres has put a real dent in my experimental work, and we just entered closing for another 2,000 acres...........I really hope I can get back to my bio experiments this coming winter :-banghead

cookie88 03-08-2008 11:09 PM

Sounds like you need to hire a couple more hands Don. Free yourself up for more of the "fun" stuff. :)

fabmandelux 03-09-2008 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by cookie88
Sounds like you need to hire a couple more hands Don. Free yourself up for more of the "fun" stuff. :)

Only problem is it's hard to find good CHEAP help....:)

BLACK 6 03-10-2008 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by fabmandelux
Only problem is it's hard to find good CHEAP help....:)

I am about ready to quit my job here..... ok not really, but I am getting close. With how much (read as: little) I get paid, and being responsible for all I am, I definatly qualify as CHEAP labor.

Wookie35 03-10-2008 10:12 AM

Fab, Good help is never cheap, and cheap help is never good. Especially on a ranch!

fabmandelux 03-10-2008 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Wookie35
Fab, Good help is never cheap, and cheap help is never good. Especially on a ranch!

It was a joke.........:-D I pay my help very well, but training them takes time and $$$$$ which takes time from my R&D.

BLACK 6 03-10-2008 11:00 AM

Hey Fab, what is it that you actually do on your ever increasing ranch?

fabmandelux 03-10-2008 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by BLACK 6
Hey Fab, what is it that you actually do on your ever increasing ranch?

Depends on what you mean. If your talking about the ranch, we farm 6,000 of dryland wheat. 3,000 acres are planted every fall, and 3,000 acres lie "fallow" till the next fall.

If your talking about what I do...............EVERYTHING! My fancy title is Operations Manager, but I do it all. Welding, designing equipment, machining, rebuilding everything, running the elevator, upkeep on 2 homes, 2 shops, purchasing anything the ranch needs, about the only thing I don't have to do anymore is drive the farming equipment. :-D

My partners both live out of the area and I only see them once in a while :-X22

crosbo 03-10-2008 10:51 PM

Hate to knit pick...but with 6K acres of which wheat is planted...that is what is called a farm. Farms produce "crops"...while ranches produce "stock"...and some do both, called a farm & ranch...but ranch land is not the same a farm land. Ranch land is not cultivated...and if so, only to only to long-term changes for land management purposes.

Sorry, I just see so many people purchasing a "ranch" that really isn't...I just thought I'd chime in.

TchTchr 03-11-2008 08:30 AM

I've got 18 years to retirement - call me then for a farmhand position!

BLACK 6 03-11-2008 08:55 AM

Sounds like you need a crop af kids to help you out, you know, grow your own help.