Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arizona Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum80/)
-   -   My Rant For Today (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/715382-my-rant-for-today.html)

kermmydog 03-03-2008 03:28 PM

My Rant For Today

We have decided to sell our Dodge or trade it and buy a Ford Ranger Supercab 4x4. We prefer a mid 90s with a V6 & a 5sp but would consider an auto. So We have been looking on-line and have found a few in the Southern Cal area. So today I decided to go look on lots in Kingman to give the local businesses a chance before I go someplace else. Well I stopped at Anderson Toyota and meet a real nice salesman. He took my info & we talked for 20 minutes. We are not in any hurry the right deal will come when it should. We looked a year to find my 86 F250 4x4 that we have now. I stopped at a used car lot called Good Guys, again met a nice salesman he also took my info. Then I decided to check out the Ford dealer, Colorado River Ford. They had an 01 4x4 on the lot. I walked around that lot for 10 minutes went inside to use the restroom looking. Do you think I could get anyone to even say hello. I walked back out on the lot and continued looking NOT ONE PERSON IN THAT PLACE OFFERED TO HELP OR EVEN SAY HELLO. I was pissed I couldn't get a price on the 01 they had or anything. So I left & thought I would call the SALES MANAGER & complain. Well I did call & the SALES MANAGER never did he said he was sorry or anything he had an attitude that sucked. I told him I was a supporter of this forum & I would post my experience with his dealership, the words out of his mouth were I must not like their dealership. I hung up the phone they can keep their truck. I know nothing about their dealership other than what I learned today. It is hard for me to not like something I know nothing about. I WILL NEVER GO BACK INTO A COLORADO FORD DEALERSHIP or any DEALERSHIP OWNED BY THE WILEY GROUP. They are the exact reason I speak so bad about owning a NEW FORD. Ford dealerships SUCK. In fact if the TOYOTA DEALERSHIP FINDS A TOYOTA IN MY PRICE RANGE I MAY BE DRIVING A TOYOTA instead of a FORD.
Anyway that is my RANT for today.
Craig :-fire :-fire :-fire :-fire :mad:

greythorn3 03-03-2008 03:36 PM

A toyota!!!!! now what is sad.. i would rather buy a used ford from a private seller then stoop as low as considering a toyota. then you wouldnt have to deal with a stealership at all.

Ray

kermmydog 03-03-2008 03:43 PM

That is true. I have located a couple in Southern Cal. But I will give the Toyota Dealer a week or so to see what he comes up with. If I can buy it local I will. The problem is there are NO mid 90s Ranger 4x4 for sale in this area. There are 10,000 2 wheel drives around. I even checked craig'slist.com Even Las Vegas & Phoenix have only 1 or 2. If I wanted a 2 wheel drive there are pages of them.

greythorn3 03-03-2008 03:53 PM

dont get a toyota! thats just wrong.

bigunred 03-03-2008 05:03 PM

i had roughly the same experiance with stanly ford in soldotna alaska last november i have bought 5 vehicles over the years at ford dealers all were pleasant and good times. having said that i have noticed a change in attitude at the dealers both in sales and parts service . over the last couple of years, there is a reason toyota is out selling ford its the coustomer service. and not the product. hey ray nice to see you post outside wet dog.

greythorn3 03-03-2008 05:14 PM

i come here to unleash my rage once in a while! just getting over the FLU!! 102.1 temp misterable

Ray

helifixer 03-03-2008 05:19 PM

well I see nothing has changed with Colorado River ford. I wouldn't deal with them when I lived in Bullhead City. I would order from Bell or Sanderson Ford and pay shipping.

kermmydog 03-03-2008 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by helifixer
well I see nothing has changed with Colorado River ford. I wouldn't deal with them when I lived in Bullhead City. I would order from Bell or Sanderson Ford and pay shipping.

Funny thing you says that. I had no experience with them other than in Bullhead City I rode my Ninja on their lot to just look at the new Shellby Mustang & the salesmen were out like sharks. I never got of my bike.
So today I was on a used car lot with my wife looking at a Chevy Blazer 4D & I was talking with the sales guy & he grew up in Bullhead & after High School in 1964 he moved to Kingman. He said Colorado Ford has been that way since they came to town.
Tomorrow I go really look at this 1995 4x4 Blazer with a 4.3L. It is a 4 door very clean with 119,000 miles. They are asking $5900. A little high but if it is as clean as it appears then I may buy it. My wife & I went looking tonight when she came home. She would kind of prefer the Blazer, Explorer vs a pickup. I haven't seen any 4x4 Explorers around either. So she will get what she wants. So tonight this Blazer is on the top of the list.

UP_There 03-03-2008 10:11 PM

I vote that Craig buys the same brand that won NASCAR yesterday!!!!! FORD! All who agree speak up!!!

shawntxt 03-03-2008 10:14 PM

kermy,i have delt with them last summer when my truck riped a hole in my timing cover way the hell out in bfe.i cant say it was bad but yea they were not in any hurry to help me out and had my truck for over a week.if you ever want a new or used ford and can make it down to phx i have a good buddy that works at sunset ford.he will hook ya up.right now they are dying to sell cars and a good deal can be had.

AzBlueWolf 03-03-2008 10:30 PM

i did a quick search on autotraders.com only 91 (1992-98) ranger supercab 4x4 v6 with a manual trans listed nationwide

i bought my 95 f150 new in portsmouth NH..they had their no haggle price listed on the window of EVERY vehicle on the lot...

kermmydog 03-03-2008 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by AzBlueWolf
i did a quick search on autotraders.com only 91 (1992-98) ranger supercab 4x4 v6 with a manual trans listed nationwide

i bought my 95 f150 new in portsmouth NH..they had their no haggle price listed on the window of EVERY vehicle on the lot...

Yea, I'm not willing to travel anymore than a few hundred miles, I believe I saw a few in Phoenix and few in So Cal. that were worth looking at in the 100,000 mile area around 6 grand.
I need to get rid of my 88 Dodge so finding someone to either take it on a trade or consign it plays into the deal. I want to pay cash so my budget is in the $6000 area that is what we have set aside for an upgrade to the Dodge. I would like a Ford but it is looking more like I will only own one Ford & two Chevys. I found another Blazer at Prescott Honda.
Craig

Bill W 03-03-2008 11:31 PM

Craig, I bought my wife a 05 tacoma 4 door cab truck, and she loves it. Buy her what She wants. as for the 88 Dodge Sell it out right! you will do much better than a trade in Price, I have some experiance in this area, sad to say

kermmydog 03-04-2008 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bill W
Craig, I bought my wife a 05 tacoma 4 door cab truck, and she loves it. Buy her what She wants. as for the 88 Dodge Sell it out right! you will do much better than a trade in Price, I have some experiance in this area, sad to say

Yea, your right on that point, I found a 97 4 door Blazer 4x4 with the Vortec 4.3 L V6, fully loaded everything including power seat, with 87,000 mile from Prescott Honda. It is a lot truck, not a back lot wholesale rig, but one that they decided was clean & sound mechanically to sell with their name on it. I will get the usual used car warranty etc. I'm willing to pay a little more to get a nice truck that I won't have to do major work out the gate. Being an old mechanic my experience is that new car dealers as a rule only keep cars that are sound. the rest go straight to the auction no matter what year they are. I also know most dealers do an inspection & service used cars they plan to put on their lots.
I don't have room to store another truck until it sells. So they made the offer of our 88 Dodge + $5100 out the door tax & lic. As I said that is a little high but if it is what they say then it will be worth it. I paid $1200 for the Dodge 20 months ago have put 30,000 miles on it. I have put money in it, but it has served its purpose now it needs a new home & we need to update our fleet of used trucks. With gas going up again the Blazer is a 14-18 MPG rig vs the Dodge that is a 8.5-12.5 MPG, maybe 13 on a good road trip. So not a big savings on gas but enough to made it worth it to us. Plus both of us like to spend our summers in the back country so a 4x4 is a better deal for us.

UP_There 03-04-2008 08:20 PM

Well Craig....the 4.3L engine is a great little motor! My Mom drove a 99 4 door Blazer, pretty much the same truck you're considering for yours, and just gave it to my niece for her sweet sixteen. Great little ride. Although the electronic "on the fly" 4 wheel drive has failed twice. Damn selenoids.....that's why I insist all my vehicles are manual locking hubs (except wifes SUV) :-missingt