Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Maryland Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum186/)
-   -   Hey Maryland Time To Have Elections ???? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/711280-hey-maryland-time-to-have-elections.html)

Surge08 02-23-2008 11:55 AM

I will volunteer for Chapter Leader

BPofMD 02-23-2008 12:08 PM

Shouldn't all this be started by the PRESENT Chaper Leader of Maryland, NOT Delaware?

savage2211 02-23-2008 12:13 PM

All Chapter members have a say in how things are done in Their Chapter.

BPofMD 02-23-2008 12:29 PM

I agree, but from WITHIN their own Chapter. I wouldn't even THINK of telling California (or any other state) how to run their Chapter.

flathead95hp 02-23-2008 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by BPofMD
Shouldn't all this be started by the PRESENT Chaper Leader of Maryland, NOT Delaware?

Bud, I think you make a valid point in this, I think it's only fair that TB initiate this, because after all, he is the Chapter Leader. It's not right to presume that he wouldn't have a say in this . I do think we need to discuss this before we set it to a vote.

savage2211 02-23-2008 01:50 PM

Well guys, You all do what you want. We were just trying to help.

BPofMD 02-23-2008 01:57 PM

I think you've done quite enough, thanks a lot. But I think we can take it from here. You guys have really helped by waking up this Chapter and we do appreciate it. But as far as Chapter business, I think we can handle it.

80351 02-23-2008 02:49 PM

Barry,
I think what Bud and Paul are trying to say is that we appreciate your interest in the MD chapter and the knowledge you have coming from a well organized successful Delaware chapter. You have succeeded in steering up some interest among members and it now time for us to take the bull by the horns and go forward.

To all,
If I am talking out of order here please let me know, my interest is only for the chapter and it's members that I have grown llike alot.

BPofMD 02-23-2008 03:05 PM

You're doing good Dave!!

savage2211 02-23-2008 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by 80351
Barry,
I think what Bud and Paul are trying to say is that we appreciate your interest in the MD chapter and the knowledge you have coming from a well organized successful Delaware chapter. You have succeeded in steering up some interest among members and it now time for us to take the bull by the horns and go forward.

To all,
If I am talking out of order here please let me know, my interest is only for the chapter and it's members that I have grown llike alot.

Thanks Dave.......as I said before, Just trying to help.

80351 02-23-2008 03:18 PM

Thanks,
Barry and Bud I wasn't sure and didn't want to step on any toes
or pee in anyones cornflakes.

I supprize myself sometimes, I almost make sense and sound
a little political.
PS Got a trans Bud.

BPofMD 02-23-2008 03:21 PM

Great Dave....now good luck in installing and getting that monster running again!!! Hope it didn't cost you an arm or first-born son.

80351 02-23-2008 03:27 PM

300 bucks, 4 month guaranty if I replace the front and rear seals.
As for in stall I'm seriously contemplating having someone do it,
I just don't have enough lift room or tools to do this big a job.

Hey look this ones 450

BPofMD 02-23-2008 08:07 PM

Now guys.....that the smoke has cleared, we HAVE to continue our progress. TB, don't you think that a meeting is in order to sort all this out?

Remember, our goal here is to have a good time while enjoying our Ford trucks. We can't let growing pains stop our growth. And it isn't going to do us ANY good at all to get into a peeing contest with our neighbors.

TB, time to take the bull by the horns and get this thing going and have our election. We just need some guidance from the Chapter Leader to get our Chapter in order. What say all? Are we all gonna be in this together and really have a Maryland Chapter and not an outgrowth from that little bitty state to our east?

fire240 02-23-2008 08:08 PM

Bud I agree with you. We need some direction to make the chapter grow.