Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   British Columbia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum165/)
-   -   Valentine's Tips (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/705603-valentines-tips.html)

warriormama 02-09-2008 09:39 AM

Valentine's Tips

VALENTINE'S TIPS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know guys are pretty much always at a loss as to what to get your sweety for Valentine's Day. So I found this little article and thought I'd share. Enjoy!

Sometimes, even diamonds don't say what we really want them to. Most of the time, no one has the money to say what they want. Here's some ideas to make your special someone very happy, and maybe get a few bonus points, while spending little or no money.

Steps
Pay attention to all the hints you've been given about what that special person wants.
Think of something you can do for your love. Does she hate doing dishes? Make a big heart out of construction paper and attach as many homemade coupons as you want that say * DISHES TO BE DONE BY ME NO QUESTIONS ASKED* or some other chore. Put a little more into it. While you do dishes, she gets to have the remote or you'll run her bubble bath.
Buy something cheesy that reminds you of her, for whatever reason. Make a nice card explaining the gift, but be careful of being overly sweet. For example, you buy a cheap plastic snow globe with two hearts in it. Say it reminded you of the night when she fell in the snow, and when you came to pick her up, you couldn't help noticing how cute she looked with all the snow all over her...
Surprise her with time alone if it's hard to come by. Take the kids and go...anywhere.
Tell her how you really feel. She will appreciate your honesty and it will mean more than any gift could.
Take her somewhere she told you about as a child. Explain to her that it might not be the same as when she was young, but now she has two memories -- one without you and one with you.
Go star gazing; bundle up and head out.
Spell I love you with one of her favorite foods, which you prepared.
Do something she would never expect..learn to dance and then take her out that night and surprise her; memorize a poem to recite.

Tips
Whatever you do, put all of you into it. It always shows.
If you're not positive it's going to be a hit, scrap the idea. Nothing worse than a guess on the day of love.
Ask someone to help you make your idea better, by going over it with you or helping out in making it come true.
Has your girl mentioned she'd really like to try a pedicure? Either get a book and learn up how to give one or at least give her your version. Leave out the nail polish if you are not sure about your skill level there.

Warnings
There's a difference between cute cheesy, and way too cheesy. It's a fine line. Don't cross it.

Secret Agent 069 02-09-2008 12:59 PM

http://www.seanmorey.com/images/mansong_title.gif
The Man Song by Sean Morey

http://www.seanmorey.com/images/man_2.jpgI don't take no crap from anybody! ... else but you.
I wear the pants around here!...when I'm finished with your laundry.
'Cause I'm a guy you don't want to fight! ... when I say "jump" you say "yeah, right".
I'm the man of this house! ... until you get home.

What I say goes around here! ... right out the window.
And I don't want to hear a lot of whining! ... so I'll shut up.
The sooner you learn who's boss around here! ... the sooner you can give me my orders, dear.
'Cause I am the head honcho! ... but it's all in my head.

And I can have sex anytime! ... that you want.http://www.seanmorey.com/images/man_1.jpg
'Cause I'm a man who has needs! ... but they're not that important.
And don't expect any flowers from me! ... because if I'm not mistaken you prefer jewelry.
I'm the king of my castle! ... when you're not around.

And I'll drink and watch sports whenever I want! ... to get into trouble.
And I'll come home when I'm good and ready! ... to sleep on the couch.
Because a man's got to do what a man's got to do! ... and I'm going to do what you tell me to.
Because I'm top dog around here! ... but I've been neutered!

warriormama 02-09-2008 07:48 PM

Now that is really inspiring.......thanks, I printed it off and gave it to my BF.......

Secret Agent 069 02-09-2008 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by warriormama
Now that is really inspiring.......thanks, I printed it off and gave it to my BF.......

The Man Song is as old as the day is long ;)

warriormama 02-09-2008 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Secret Agent 069
The Man Song is as old as the day is long ;)

I guess maybe I am too young to know that:-X14

Secret Agent 069 02-09-2008 10:43 PM

I guess maybe I am too young to know that:-X14

Or I'm almost as old as the dirt itself :-missingt

warriormama 02-09-2008 10:45 PM

If that is the way you want to look at it, it's okay with me, I am really not all that young.......

Zip 02-10-2008 06:09 AM

As far as giving gifts on Valentines or any other occasion is make darn sure that it cannot be plugged in. ie: appliance of some sort.

preppypyro 02-10-2008 07:30 AM

All I can say is most years i am screwed, and kinda do it to myself :D

This year I bought a 30k dollar boat for a few xmas's and v day's and a few b days's:D

Now theres no way I can forget to buy something, cause I dont gotta :D

Secret Agent 069 02-10-2008 12:14 PM

If that is the way you want to look at it, it's okay with me, I am really not all that young.......

Age is indifferent anyways. If you look only at the age, then you miss what is really important.

Secret Agent 069 02-10-2008 02:30 PM

Valentine Present....

Frank was in trouble. He had forgotten Valentine's Day and his wife, Monica, was very angry.

She told him, "tomorrow morning I expect to find a gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in less than six seconds."
The next morning, Frank woke up early and left for work.
When Monica woke up sometime later, she looked out the window and sure enough there was a SMALL brightly wrapped gift sitting in the middle of the driveway.
Confused, Monica donned her robe and slippers and ran out to the driveway and brought the package into the house. When she unwrapped it, she found a brand new bathroom scale.

Frank has been missing since Friday.

Zip 02-10-2008 02:35 PM

Nasty very very nasty.

Secret Agent 069 02-10-2008 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Zip
Nasty very very nasty.

Nasty?? I thought it was funny... Besides its better than buying her a cheby

sedly 02-10-2008 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by preppypyro
All I can say is most years i am screwed, and kinda do it to myself :D

This year I bought a 30k dollar boat for a few xmas's and v day's and a few b days's:D

Now theres no way I can forget to buy something, cause I dont gotta :D

Nice work Preppy.

Secret Agent 069 02-10-2008 10:57 PM

Last year, I sent my ex-wife a dozen decaying roses. This year, I'll send her an empty ring box....