Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nebraska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum176/)
-   -   Bo's first class!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/704499-bos-first-class.html)

67nukeford 02-06-2008 02:43 PM

Bo's first class!!

Well, my fellow Husker fans, sounds like Bo is pretty happy with his first class of recruits that signed today. We'll just have to wait a couple of years, though, to see if they are as good as he says!!

GO HUSKERS!!}>

bucks77ford 02-06-2008 04:47 PM

I think at this point though, all we can do is improve. It may take another couple of years or so, but I have all confidence that the huskers will be back in the top 5-10 and a contender for the National Title.

67nukeford 02-06-2008 04:52 PM

Well, if the offense keeps going like it was at the end of the year, I think Bo can repair enough of the defense to get us at least 8 or 9 wins next year.

cornfedp 02-08-2008 08:41 PM

As long as people realize it will be a few years Bo's life will be a lot easier. I cant wait to see what happens, I am actually a little bit excited to see what happens.

67nukeford 02-08-2008 10:46 PM

The spring game should be fun. Nothing like 80,000 people show up for a scrimmage! I'll be one of them!!

bucks77ford 02-09-2008 05:49 AM

I think most NE fans will be more patient with Bo than Callahan. I think there will be more respect towards him and not be so quick to jump to conclusions if the first few games or even the first couple of years aren't the greatest. Everyone knows that with a new coach and system, it will take awhile. But, even if our defense improves just 50%, we can win a few more games and be a contender for the Big 12. I'm looking forward to this next season.

67nukeford 02-09-2008 11:54 AM

That's exactly the way I feel also. After the four year debacle that we've just suffered through, I think things will be much better! I'd just prefer to pretend the last four years didn't happen!

gquinn8516 02-09-2008 05:31 PM

I don't think we ever saw what kind of tallent we had because of the idiot we had coaching our defense. Those boys were busy playing defense on their heals because he couldn't get the correct schemes into the game and our guys were out of position about 90% of the time. I think Bo's got some overall tallent that he can work into a respectible team and our offense was pretty efficient at moving the ball. I predict 8 wins but we have to remember that the Big 12 is a bit week at this time:( I am still, and have always been, a patient Husker fan and as painful as it has been to watch over the past 9 years - I think it has been good for some of our fairweather fans. 9 win seasons in today's college football are not easy to come by.

67nukeford 02-11-2008 08:33 AM

I'd agree with all of that George. I know alot of people that stopped watching/listening. Seasons like last year really show who the true fans are! Callahan and his crew were clueless, especially Cosgrove. I think keeping Watson and Gilmore was a good idea, help the new staff bond with the offense.
Oh, it didn't help the defense to pratice in half-pads all the time, and not do any hitting!!