Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum177/)
-   -   Who Works Saturdays? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/704172-who-works-saturdays.html)

cdrmotorsports 02-05-2008 06:58 PM

Who Works Saturdays?

I've worked seven days a week for years now. Living on a farm means work, work, and more work. I've always been able to budget my time so I have a lot less work on the weekends, maybe 4 hours a day. Sometimes I'll just take a weekend day off. Now I'm fully employed at a real job. I have to work Saturdays 8-4. No real problem, but it just sucks. My girlfriend works Sundays, so we have no time to hangout on the weekends other than Saturday night. All my friends get to go out on Friday night, but I have work early and start at the farm before that. The only good part is my hours during the week are great. like today I worked from 11-5! Anybody else work Saturdays?

ben97 02-05-2008 10:26 PM

I usually dont work saturdays, but I work every sunday. And working sundays SUCKS! Talk about going to work with a two day hangover...

texastech_diesel 02-06-2008 12:01 AM

when you try to take college classes 5 days a week... work tends to spill over into ALL your free time. my fencing jobs are noramlly a friday night tear out and set as many posts as i can, then a saturday of digging, setting, and railing whatever posts have set up, then a sunday of hanging it if I couldn't finish it saturday. self-employment = working faster = more free time can actually be free

weeds 02-06-2008 12:42 AM

College kid working for tips-I HAVE TO work Friday & Saturday nights. You make at least 2-3 times as much as all the other shifts during the week. Definitely sucks not being able to go out & party, but at least I'm making money & not spending it.

ididntdoit99 02-06-2008 01:14 AM

oOo I remember those horrible college days.... class from 8am-5pm everyday and work all night and all weekend.

Nowaday's I turn down $50/hr to work on the weekends.
Then again, I usually am doing work on the weekends for friends and neighbors, and that usually just pays in beer. LOL

gnwalker 02-06-2008 12:12 PM

I hate the thought of working on the weekend but I should do it just to make money and not spend so much on the weekends

Crazed1122 02-06-2008 02:49 PM

I only work saturdays if i need the extra money or a project spills over from friday! but who can say no to some extra cash even if it means losing a saturday.

silver05fx4 02-06-2008 05:16 PM

i only work saturdays if need be which seem to only be in the winter time when theirs not much to do

73f100shortbed 02-06-2008 05:38 PM

I work on Saturdays 8:30am to 3pm. sometimes later if I stay and do work on my own truck

bigdaddyII 02-06-2008 07:56 PM

I work every other Saturday. But than, I work every other week as well. I love my 7/7 schedule. One week of the grind, the next week of whatever I feel like doing.

cdrmotorsports 02-07-2008 03:10 PM

Soon I'm going to be put onto a 7-3 Monday thru Friday, so it won't be a big deal. I just hope it happens before summer. Saturday is my fishing/boating day.

J_E_Summit 03-10-2009 08:24 PM

I work Mon-Fri durring the winter and mon-sat the rest of the year. "the rest of the year" ussually involves 12 hour days with up to 2.5 hours of driving attached to it, but the driving time is paid for.

flamebuster 03-10-2009 08:29 PM

run a farm too. but winters usually 5 days a week, Irrigation time it's 7 days a week. Love it.....

7.3 Rocket 03-10-2009 08:51 PM

I work all day Saturday every Saturday and Sundays when I have to. Since I'm still in school it's the only time I can make a little cash.

aaronlockhart 03-13-2009 08:11 PM

I'm 19 and feel like I'm going on 50 most Saturdays unfortunatly lol.

I'm a third shift manager of a restraunt and have worked overnights on the weekend since I got out of high school (and even did more than a few times back then)... I keep thinking I should be one of the dumb acting drunk customers, instead of the guy who deals with them...