Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   Boat show, Boat show, Lets all go to the Boat Show (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/696623-boat-show-boat-show-lets-all-go-to-the-boat-show.html)

MARTYSTOWRIG 01-17-2008 05:13 PM

Boat show, Boat show, Lets all go to the Boat Show

The Seattle boat show is coming in one week. Are we all ready?

Mike, We are going to need a couple of checks again... Seems as though your last ones got lost in the mail.

lostmybeer 01-17-2008 05:34 PM

I wouldn't mind getting a brand new boat. I believe a new 65' would do just fine.

MARTYSTOWRIG 01-17-2008 05:44 PM

'65 is too big... Then you would have to buy fuel for a '65. I would say a '39 if I had moorage covered or for trailorable i would like a Campion 27

lostmybeer 01-17-2008 05:57 PM

Is that the Campion with the split bow. Open bow and the cuddy. With a 65' think of the Seafair party. Mike could pay for the fuel for the first 2 years. In the Contract.

MARTYSTOWRIG 01-17-2008 06:44 PM

Contract??? I do not buy toys on "contract" Our rule is... If you cant afford to pay cash for a toy... You cant afford to own the toy. So mine will need to be paid in full. Last I looked the campion was 79K but that was 2 years ago. It is the Express Cruiser style, Bigger than a cuddy. It has an alcohol stove(as opposed to me, an alcohol burner) a reefer and perminate head. Little table below and sleeps 4 down below.

Placermike 01-17-2008 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG
Contract??? I do not buy toys on "contract" Our rule is... If you cant afford to pay cash for a toy... You cant afford to own the toy. So mine will need to be paid in full. Last I looked the campion was 79K but that was 2 years ago. It is the Express Cruiser style, Bigger than a cuddy. It has an alcohol stove(as opposed to me, an alcohol burner) a reefer and perminate head. Little table below and sleeps 4 down below.

Sounds like you need to work more! But, would you have time to play?

MARTYSTOWRIG 01-17-2008 07:01 PM

Why do i need to work? You are the one writting the check.

Placermike 01-17-2008 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG
Why do i need to work? You are the one writting the check.

Hand me your check book, and I will be more than happy to write it.

lostmybeer 01-17-2008 07:14 PM

The contract is so Mike won't back on paying for the fuel. He has already purchased my new boat. I guess we shall use your boat as the dinghy.

Placermike 01-17-2008 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by lostmybeer
The contract is so Mike won't back on paying for the fuel. He has already purchased my new boat. I guess we shall use your boat as the dinghy.

The sky is the limit with Marty's checkbook! Do you need a larger vehicle so the the boat can be hauled inside of a tralior and out of the elements? Perhaps a C5A for those longer trips when it is easier to fly both the truck and boat...Let me know.

lostmybeer 01-17-2008 07:30 PM

Sure, Are going to be the pilot?

Placermike 01-17-2008 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by lostmybeer
Sure, Are going to be the pilot?

I have enough hours in small planes that I am confidant that I can get the thing in the air...Not sure about the landing or their controls...I guess that is why they gave us Rangers parachutes.

I did do three landings in a 172 though...I do know the principles. Just not sure how them big things react. Worst case scenario...WE GO BUMP!

lostmybeer 01-17-2008 07:41 PM

Parachutes on all items in the plane. Oh boy! here we go