Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   Show Off Your Pre-97 Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/693911-show-off-your-pre-97-trucks.html)

rockin300 03-09-2009 10:16 PM

yeah i lost my wheel well trim on the truck last saturday,now my rust really looks bad,the linclons doors and quarter panels are rusted out,i plan on restoring it and making it into a street rod}> the other trucks are gone to the big garage in the sky:-X18:-missingt the coldest it gets here in winter is -40,on a good day its 0,in summer the highest it gets is 80,but the humidity sucks

6CylBill 03-09-2009 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by rockin300 (Post 7242331)
yeah i lost my wheel well trim on the truck last saturday,now my rust really looks bad,the linclons doors and quarter panels are rusted out,i plan on restoring it and making it into a street rod}> the other trucks are gone to the big garage in the sky:-X18:-missingt the coldest it gets here in winter is -40,on a good day its 0,in summer the highest it gets is 80,but the humidity sucks

Hey, where do you live?

I live in Hell, I think. The humidity is horrible here. We have long, hot and very humid summers. Humidity is often at the 100% mark. We plan on moving, AS SOON AS WE SELL OUR HOUSE.

You can't step outside for five minutes without soaking your shirt and dripping with sweat. It sucks, I hate this place.

Milwaukee1979F150 03-09-2009 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by 6CylBill (Post 7242413)
Hey, where do you live?

I live in Hell, I think. The humidity is horrible here. We have long, hot and very humid summers. Humidity is often at the 100% mark. We plan on moving, AS SOON AS WE SELL OUR HOUSE.

You can't step outside for five minutes without soaking your shirt and dripping with sweat. It sucks, I hate this place.

You are exact me. I HATE DETROIT because humidity in summer kill me so bad.

I wish I have money to buy cabin in Alpena which near Michigan's top. Never reach 90oF most 80oF but winter it go -40 oF few years ago.

rockin300 03-09-2009 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by 6CylBill (Post 7242413)
Hey, where do you live?

i live in wisconsin our humidity reaches the same point(100%),but we cant fry an egg on the car like you guys can:-missingtbut we can chill beer up here pretty well:-missingt

6CylBill 03-09-2009 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by rockin300 (Post 7242446)
i live in wisconsin our humidity reaches the same point(100%),but we cant fry an egg on the car like you guys can:-missingtbut we can chill beer up here pretty well:-missingt

Man that's the truth. Only bad thing about having a black truck. I live in the deep south, on the gulf. I'll keep in mind to stay away from Wisconsin! The idea is to move somewhere where IT ISN'T AS HUMID. Even when it's 75F out I sweat like a dog because of the humidiy.

You must be close to large bodies of water huh? Forgive me if I seem stupid asking this but I don't have a map handy.

The bad thing is there doesn't seem to be a happy medium. You either have hurricains, tornados, or ice storms. :-banghead

Chris91-150 03-09-2009 11:03 PM

Arizona is a great medium! We dont have any real natural disasters to worry about (ie tornados, blizzards) It just gets really hot in the summer. Its not even that bad because most of the time theres virtually no humidity so then heats not nearly as heavy. Ive been to ohio and places like that in the summer and id take 110 degree heat over that humidity you guys have to deal with any time....
If your AC works in your truck youll be fine out here hahahah, Arizona also has a huge number of great offroading and rock-crawler trails :D

6CylBill 03-09-2009 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Milwaukee1979F150 (Post 7242444)
You are exact me. I HATE DETROIT because humidity in summer kill me so bad.

I wish I have money to buy cabin in Alpena which near Michigan's top. Never reach 90oF most 80oF but winter it go -40 oF few years ago.

I know man, I wish I had a cabin somewhere to escape to in the summers!

And you know, it gets hot and humid everywhere, you can't escape that (if you do you're in -40F temps and that's a hell in itself!). The best thing you can do is find someplace that the DURRATION isn't long. That's what I'm trying to do.

Chris91-150 03-09-2009 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by 6CylBill (Post 7242544)
I know man, I wish I had a cabin somewhere to escape to in the summers!

And you know, it gets hot and humid everywhere, you can't escape that (if you do you're in -40F temps and that's a hell in itself!). The best thing you can do is find someplace that the DURRATION isn't long. That's what I'm trying to do.

Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, NM, Alot of the Southwestern states are perfect by those standards hahahah

...Oh and ive heard theres practically no humidity in Antarctica:-missingt

rockin300 03-10-2009 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by 6CylBill (Post 7242470)
Man that's the truth. Only bad thing about having a black truck. I live in the deep south, on the gulf. I'll keep in mind to stay away from Wisconsin! The idea is to move somewhere where IT ISN'T AS HUMID. Even when it's 75F out I sweat like a dog because of the humidiy.

You must be close to large bodies of water huh? Forgive me if I seem stupid asking this but I don't have a map handy.

The bad thing is there doesn't seem to be a happy medium. You either have hurricains, tornados, or ice storms. :-banghead

we only get tornados and snow storms,not as many tornados as Texas, im not that close to a big body of water,the closest big body of water is lake michigan and thats on the east side of the state i live in the west centeral area,only problem here is your black truck will turn white driving on the salt covered roads in winter:-X18, its too cold for me here,bill we should trade:-missingt

6CylBill 03-10-2009 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by rockin300 (Post 7243896)
we only get tornados and snow storms,not as many tornados as Texas, im not that close to a big body of water,the closest big body of water is lake michigan and thats on the east side of the state i live in the west centeral area,only problem here is your black truck will turn white driving on the salt covered roads in winter:-X18, its too cold for me here,bill we should trade:-missingt

I'd be a bad man if I allowed you to take my place, homie! You would like the winters here. Very mild. We just had the coldest winter we've had in many years. We actually had more than one Freeze and we got a light touch of snow for the first time since '86 or something like that. Normal winters consist of 40F for a few days followed by a week or two of 60F. :-missingt

You hate me right now, don't you? rofl!

rockin300 03-10-2009 11:21 AM

:-missingt:-missingt we only had one time it was 50 degrees on christmas eve,that was a geat christmas no snow:),i heard about Texas's winter storm that must have been a ****ty day,my dad used to live in Midland,Texas he remembers getting a little dusting of snow in winter,nah i dont hate you bill:-drink

6CylBill 03-10-2009 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by rockin300 (Post 7244036)
:-missingt:-missingt we only had one time it was 50 degrees on christmas eve,that was a geat christmas no snow:),i heard about Texas's winter storm that must have been a ****ty day,my dad used to live in Midland,Texas he remembers getting a little dusting of snow in winter,nah i dont hate you bill:-drink

It wasn't a bad day! It started to snow about 2:00 AM. Mom woke me up. I stepped outside and fell flat on my butt! The metal steps were iced up. It was just a dusting of snow. I was excited.

We really took this thread off trac. :-X05

rockin300 03-10-2009 02:54 PM

i know:-offtopic:-missingt
https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...id=210545&.jpg
there i made it all better:-missingt,i have days that i fall on my butt,up here it pisses people off:-X09:-arrgh:-missingt i laugh at people that fall sometimes:-innocent:-missingt

6CylBill 03-10-2009 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by rockin300 (Post 7244829)
i know:-offtopic:-missingt
https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...id=210545&.jpg
there i made it all better:-missingt,i have days that i fall on my butt,up here it pisses people off:-X09:-arrgh:-missingt i laugh at people that fall sometimes:-innocent:-missingt

Did you get a new truck?? What happened to Ole' Blue?

rockin300 03-10-2009 03:15 PM

i never had a blue truck:),i want one,my dad did, we had a blue 78 f250 that was a play truck on the farm we sold it when we moved, i miss that big 460