Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arizona Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum80/)
-   -   On the road again! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/690929-on-the-road-again.html)

Bill W 01-02-2008 09:05 PM

On the road again!

Just cant waite to get on the road again! Well Folks I am to the point where I can get my truck through MVD! Yee Haw!!! bout time.... 14 month project comming to a close, On friday the man from southwest valuations comes to appraise it, Wish me luck! :-wink

helifixer 01-02-2008 09:45 PM

that is what I love about living in yavapai county NO EMISSIONS MVD has never seen any of my vehicles. I think that only my '97 psd would come close to passing, I know my '77 chevy 4X4 with the street performance 454 would never pass.

kermmydog 01-05-2008 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by helifixer
that is what I love about living in yavapai county NO EMISSIONS MVD has never seen any of my vehicles. I think that only my '97 psd would come close to passing, I know my '77 chevy 4X4 with the street performance 454 would never pass.

I understand the day is coming we will have smog in the whole State. The area is slowly growing where smog checks are required. I ask MVD about it a year or so ago and they confirmed that it will be State wide one day. All I hope is they do as California & anything 25 years or older is exempt.
Oh & for the record I'm holding on to my 86 F250 4x4. I have decided that the money it would cost to upgrade if I put it into the 86 I could build the truck I want. I have made friends with a Ford guy here in Kingman. He is into building race stuff. He has offered to help me get my Ford upgraded with fuel injection, 460 build for towing, so I'm looking at buying a Holley TBI Kit for it etc.
Craig :-X25

helifixer 01-05-2008 07:55 AM

I have a holly TBI! I will see If I can find a part number and you can see if it will work for you. if so we can save you some money.

Originally Posted by kermmydog
I understand the day is coming we will have smog in the whole State. The area is slowly growing where smog checks are required. I ask MVD about it a year or so ago and they confirmed that it will be State wide one day. All I hope is they do as California & anything 25 years or older is exempt.
Oh & for the record I'm holding on to my 86 F250 4x4. I have decided that the money it would cost to upgrade if I put it into the 86 I could build the truck I want. I have made friends with a Ford guy here in Kingman. He is into building race stuff. He has offered to help me get my Ford upgraded with fuel injection, 460 build for towing, so I'm looking at buying a Holley TBI Kit for it etc.
Craig :-X25

Bill W 01-10-2008 06:52 PM

OK! The appraisal is done. A little lower than I was expecting.... But I am now Insured and Tomorrow I can brave the MVD and go get Tags, NO Emissions for any Car-Truck 1966 or older in the state.