Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   S. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum103/)
-   -   Coffee Shop Meeting (well... sorta!) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/683176-coffee-shop-meeting-well-sorta.html)

Kep4 12-10-2007 03:21 PM

Coffee Shop Meeting (well... sorta!)

Well, we had our 2nd UNofficial Monthly Coffee Shop get together at the Starbucks in beautiful Rowland Heights. In attendance was Tung AKA Copper_90680, Bill AKA NumberDummy, Steve AKA SteveBricks and me AKA myself.

MIA was Col Flashman (Sorry, don't know your name!) and Scott AKA Horsepuller, though he's got a VERY long haul from further out West.

We shot the breeze for almost 2 hours about a myriad of subjects. Bill was kind enough to help out a young lady having parking challenges. :-missingt

We all agreed to meet again in January after everyone recovers from Christmas and New Year's celebrations. Anybody else available for a get together? It's very informal and the conversation is light-hearted and fun. Maybe next time we'll get some pictures of the group to post on FTE.... :-X06

Col Flashman 12-11-2007 11:24 AM

Kepler4

Colonel Flashman or Flashy works just fine & unfortunately when I awoke that morning, I was feeling a tick more awful than of late. I didn't believe attempting to cough up a lung all over everyone, because of the Bronchitis, would be a good thing & I should be feeling much better in January.

bla1879 12-11-2007 07:28 PM

yeah we should do it again but somewhere closer! i live in simi Valley, and i dont even know where rowland heights is!

SteveBricks 12-12-2007 07:53 PM

It's quite a haul from Simi Valley. You know where Covina is? La Puente?
Hacienda Heights? 20 miles, more or less, east of downtown.
Maybe we can get something closer to the mid-point happening. Horsepuller is also up in Ventura County, and i'm sure there are others.

Maybe Chris will help us.

73f350sc 12-12-2007 08:11 PM

Sounds like a good time guys...
The distance issue has been whats killed more than one of our meets in the past...as far as a closer spot goes...thats what I've bee trying to get folks to decide on lately, as of right now...nothing pops into mind =/
-Chris

SteveBricks 12-12-2007 08:22 PM

It dosen't help Brian or Scott any, but Bill (Number Dummy) had mentioned the Railroad Museum in Perris. That's kinda mid-point between L.A. and theS.D. crowd, and real close for the IE guys. Or Planes of Fame (Chino Airport).

73f350sc 12-12-2007 08:40 PM

Yeah,
I would gladly go to either, like I've said before, the Railroad Museum is only abotu 2-3 miles from my house haha...but so far no ones been able to come up with any concrete plans.
-Chris

Brett99 12-13-2007 11:00 AM

I live in Simi as well

dumptech 12-13-2007 02:46 PM

I'm in Ventura County, too. Kinda limited on Saturday mornings. Sundays are usually open. Wouldn't mind meeting fellow FTEs. I'm alwats proud to show off Bubba and the Porta Palace to anyone interested.

bla1879 12-13-2007 04:41 PM

yeah those museums sound a little far away, we should do something though, id be willing to drive a little if we were gunna have a good turn out, we gotta wait a week or so though, my brother borrowed my truck and ive got his focus now, and i cant show up to a FTE meet in a focus!!