Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New York Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum87/)
-   -   NortH Tonowanda Blue whale and Pocos pizza (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/678336-north-tonowanda-blue-whale-and-pocos-pizza.html)

lostin90s 11-26-2007 06:48 PM

NortH Tonowanda Blue whale and Pocos pizza

Hey I used to spend summers just down from the "blue whale car wash " (accrossed street )When I was a KId (longtime ago). I can remember the twin fair Amusment park 3guys or was it 2 guys. > I know they r gone.

And ridng my bike along the canal. Street names r foggy But It was always a great place to visit.

Some years ago I actually stopped and found Poccos Pizza (Pecco's ?)
They still there??

Later

littlesunray 11-29-2007 07:34 PM

hey that's my neck of the woods I grew up in Tonawanda and North Tonawanda lol. I remember the Good old Twin Fair and the Blue whale car wash place lol.

lostin90s 11-29-2007 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by littlesunray
hey that's my neck of the woods I grew up in Tonawanda and North Tonawanda lol. I remember the Good old Twin Fair and the Blue whale car wash place lol.

Remember the amusment PArk???

Hey nice truck for up there. :-X22 I'm on my 18th 90's truck . I live in rust belt to.

littlesunray 11-30-2007 06:38 AM

Yeah I remember the amusement park and also the drive-inn that was there too. By any chance do you remember Helfs Hotdog stand that was on the corner of Niagara street and Kohler Street in Tonawanda back in the 80's. I remember going there and getting the treasure chest kids meal. lol

lostin90s 12-01-2007 11:37 AM

Now that you say it we went there in like 80+- r so (I was 10 ish ) for a wedding and they took Us there . Well I remember the treasure chest meal . But They may have had them else where.

littlesunray 12-01-2007 03:00 PM

no Helfs was the only place that had them my dad worked for the owner he also had the business of the signs and searchlight the company was called P.O.S.S. Which meant Port-O-Signs and Searchlights. they were at the old Demler place on River Road and on Oliver street and then on Young Street. the owner's brother used to do the commercial for Recreational Warehouse he was the guy that used to fall in the pool lol.

jimford1 12-05-2007 12:34 PM

My cousins live in NT!! Thts funny as hell. They live on Miller by Oliver. Remember that Oliver street was in the guiness books for most bars on on street at one time!!

littlesunray 12-05-2007 02:42 PM

oh I remember that, NT has changed alot since when I lived here back in 97 and now sooo many places are no long in business or changed their names or if they are in business they jacked up the prices lol. I knew some people that lived on miller street lol.

lostin90s 12-10-2007 07:29 PM

I know I was there last year and knew nothing other than exit and streets (like I remember names now)

littlesunray 12-10-2007 08:21 PM

by any chance do you remember a place called Under The Rainbow that was on in the Delton Plaza on Delaware, back in the 80's I remember going there and getting the Smurfs that I used to collect lol.

lostin90s 12-18-2007 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by littlesunray
by any chance do you remember a place called Under The Rainbow that was on in the Delton Plaza on Delaware, back in the 80's I remember going there and getting the Smurfs that I used to collect lol.

Sorry it took so long. Not really its been years . I do remember a flea market in a old KINGS building but. With 30 years between then and now its foggy

littlesunray 12-18-2007 07:03 PM

what about the old A&M's big wearhouse that use to be in gastown I believe this was like oh 25 or more years ago they used to have this big christmas sale at christmas time I remember my dad would always run the searchlights there and me and mom would go with him and she used to do all her christmas shopping in there

littlesunray 12-18-2007 07:09 PM

North Tonawanda Blue whale and Pocos pizza

Originally Posted by jimford1
My cousins live in NT!! Thts funny as hell. They live on Miller by Oliver. Remember that Oliver street was in the guiness books for most bars on on street at one time!!

yeah you could not go down one side of the street to all the bars and then hit the other side back then maybe now you could though lol

lostin90s 12-22-2007 04:39 PM

I'll have get back over there and get some names of streets. I'll be in Darian center next year (like its that far off) Merry Christmas