Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum177/)
-   -   Papers..... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/677509-papers.html)

crehberg 11-24-2007 12:23 PM

Papers.....

I really just despise of doing papers for school nowadays. Back in the day, it really wasn't that bad. But now, since getting to high school, teachers just think I'm supposed to read there mind on how they want their paper written. I'M NOT A MIND READER!!!:mad: :mad:

Sorry for the vent. So.....anybody else despise of doing papers for school???:-wink :-wink :-tap :-X25

goofin 11-24-2007 04:10 PM

I also hate papers, but I've also learned to ask what the teacher wants, and they gladly tell you the format and everything.

bigblock_drock 11-24-2007 05:50 PM

yes i hate writing :(

bigdaddyII 11-24-2007 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by bigblock_drock
yes i hate writing :(

Ditto. I never have trouble with the formats or anything, but I draw a blank when it comes time to write a paper, and I have a brainstorm after the paper is already written and turned in. That is something about myself that irritates me severely. I always get these great ideas after the job or paper or whatever is done.

crehberg 11-24-2007 06:54 PM

but I've also learned to ask what the teacher wants
Well, unless you have teachers like I have, who apparently sometimes don't KNOW what they want!!!! I'm telling you, I've asked before.......no good. I will say, though, my teachers are great at everything else.....so I guess I don't have much room to complain!!!!

fordboy_52 11-29-2007 03:37 PM

papers are 20x better than exams. at least with a paper you know what to expect and you fate is based on how you perform, now on how much you can remember

Matt

6CylBill 11-29-2007 03:45 PM

I no longer have schoo, thus I can rub it into your faces. :D

Alas, I sometimes wish I still were in school.

crehberg 11-29-2007 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by fordboy_52
papers are 20x better than exams. at least with a paper you know what to expect and you fate is based on how you perform, now on how much you can remember

Matt

Actually, to me, exams are easier. At least I know what material is going to be on the test.....you know, what I'm going to be graded on. Of course, to each person their own......:) :) :-wink :-wink :-X22 :-X25

jake00 12-02-2007 07:17 PM

highschool papers are just the segway to college papers. Longest one I did was about 25 pages on the topic of orv's vs the enviroment (had about 30 sources as well)

here's a tip on writing papers, the more you write, the easier it gets. I wrote columns for my school's newspaper and over the course of the 3 semesters I did it, My writing improved greatly

crehberg 12-04-2007 03:37 PM

Good point jake.....guess I'm practicing right now (I wish)!!!:) :) :-wink :-X25

guitar_demon 12-27-2007 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by fordboy_52

Matt

unless its an english exam where the exam is to write a paper...

our senior paper had to be between 25-30 pages with some rediculous amount of sources (something like 10 diff types too ie book, interview, movie, tv etc)
that sucked but highschools over so no more papers for me :-D