Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pennsylvania Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum182/)
-   -   I headed into town today to fill up the truck....both tanks... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/675856-i-headed-into-town-today-to-fill-up-the-truck-both-tanks.html)

oldfart 11-19-2007 12:30 PM

I headed into town today to fill up the truck....both tanks...

Well fellers I headed into town to fill up the truck. 1986F-150...E.F.I....302....twin tanks..they hold about 25gal. .....each.... when empty. (sobbing now..) I pulled up next to the gas pumps and gritted both of my teeth and plopped the pump-handle into her gaping maw and squeezed the lever and locked in the toggle to "filler-up." I stood there for 30min. and the gas pump kept gurgling..non-stop. Glug!...Glug!...Glug! GLUG!...GLUG!...GLUG!....!!! I'm patiently waiting....no sign it's going to stop...GLUG!...GLUG!....GLUG! I went to Walmart..walked the whole 2 miles....stopped by Keystone Country Store and picked up some new camo-clothes. Stopped by the beer distributers and picked up a coupl'a cases of Busch..the 30 pack. GLUG!...GLUG!...GLUG! Went to N.A.P.A....walked around a bit. Stopped back by the gas station....GLUG!...GLUG!...GLUG!! Still filling up the front tank! Finally topped up tank #1 and held the nozzle into tank # 2 and locked in the lever. Walked down to Food Lion and the Goodwill Store. Then on to the movie rental place. Got lost in the "dirty-movie-section." Arrived back at A.C.T. in Greencastle just in time to see the nozzle kick out of the rear gas tank and spew 2 gallons of gasoline unto the pavement. Excellent! Walk into A.C.T and ask them if they have a "defibrilatter" as my current gas purchase hits $120.00!!! 20 gal. per tank...2 tank....$3.15 per gallon!! Do the math. Next week fill up my 300gal. tank with K-1 Kerosene to heat my home. At present cost..$4 a gallon..if some Abba-Dabba doesn't fart and raise the cost to $5 per gallon! Grrrrrrr! Audie..the oldfart...wishing I had a politition by the neck....

2000silverbullet 11-19-2007 04:13 PM

I feel your pain, even with my Giant Eagle .30/gallon savings every week (3 boys eat ALOT), I'm close to $100 a week at the point. I've been driving the wife's truck the past few days but I expect to easily break the $100 mark on my next fillup (38gal)..

Gas is goin' up and the value of the US dollar is goin' down, what a great combination...

ranger1999 Bob 11-19-2007 05:02 PM

the dollar falling is yet another reason the gas price is jumping... i dont know what to do either but its not much ya can do when you need your truck and they all got ya by your wallet

lostin90s 11-19-2007 05:32 PM

Ouch I hope that last you more than week. I fill mine twice some weeks Last week was $98 and thats only on first fill up. Had to put a 6 FT ladder in a Geo and haul 3 guys. Later

scrapyardking 11-21-2007 11:08 AM

I used to get 10 gal. for ten bucks, Yesterday I put in ten bucks and got 3.1 gal.
Damn I hate oil companies

oldfart 11-21-2007 01:45 PM

Well fellers I am lucky in that I only have to drive 13 miles roundtrip a day to work. If I don't twaddle about too much or make too many trips to town or to visit my folks I'm doin' O.K. I try and hook as many trips together as i can to save fuel. Don't know what to do about the cost of heating. I keep the thermostat turned down to 60 unless I got company coming. Try and seal up all the cracks and add insulation whar I can. I rekkin' best we can do is hope fer a mild winter, put on a sweater and "flip-the-bird" at the Abba-Dabbas. Good Old Uncle Sam tells me that I kin git a break on my taxes for all the extra stuff I've installed in my home! A 10% Tax break! WHOOPIE! That means if all my upgrades meet their standards I can get $500 tax credit for the $5000.00 worth of windows, doors and such. Meanwhile the folks in Harrisburg just voted to double their salaries and further pad their pensions. Grrr....Audie........

c00nhunterjoe 11-21-2007 06:33 PM

i am 50 miles one way in my diesel that is costing me 3.54 a gallon, and i just filled my home heat tank last month....804 dollars

oldfart 11-23-2007 09:55 AM

Aye Coonhunter I'm feelin' yer pain. I've still got about a half tank of kerosene (not heating fuel..K-1..old trailer..) and I figger I'll be due for a fill-up about mid-Jan. to early Feb. if the weather holds. EGADS! By then the price ought to be about $4 a gallon X 300gal. tank! I did a lot of remodeling and upgrades in order to save money on heating..then they double the price of the kerosene which off-sets any improvements I've made. Beautiful...just &$@*#! beautiful! I read somewhere that Congress is threatening to "look into the exorbiant cost of petrol products!" Even better! Wolves saying they'll look after the sheep...eh! Every time gov't gets involved I only get gammahooched more. Well I just hope someone passes a law that all polititions must undergo a full prostrate exam. And I hope the attending physician has fingers the size of tree-trunks! And he has plantars warts the size of cantalopes! And there's not a single drop of lube left on the planet except for Crazy-Glue!!! And the exam must be done in a sand-filled location..like Iran! And the only towels handy are made from poison-ivy leaves! Dipped in Acetone!!! And the Doc has fingernails crusted in both..... and sharp as razors! And..and..and...well I'm working on my Christmas list. How 'bout you? Audie..the grumpy oldfart...

lostin90s 11-23-2007 02:01 PM

Bend over its going to be a bumpy ride. :-X19:mad:. Its only goin to get worse.

One of the big things I have read is that the oil Companies cant build more refineries. Well the one in OIL City PA was just brought up to the modern day standards right after the big Boom :-firer explosion. In 95-96 They had all room they needed. So what if they had to truck trail in the crude. Well they shut her down.

Just like all companies moving out country or Wallmart buying all buildings or at least the leases in my area to drive out competition and leave them sit empty.And then raise prices to more than locals were. Now they r going to the small mom and pop stores in out lying areas and doing what they can to shut them down. What ever hapen to the "monopoly" of buisness laws .

Next they will tax usto take a crap . Ow ya they tax get us on the paper and charge us sewage,. I love the USA its the big buissness I have problems with . Get back to a more local economy. If the market drops out is China going to ship some apples over for us to sell on corners .. Nope

tjc transport 11-23-2007 04:04 PM

i'm glad i ain't on yer bad guy list Audie!!:-D

78workhorse 11-24-2007 09:10 AM

It sounds like Oldfart has some hostilities toward the rich folks in Harrisburg. And I'm in full agreement with him. I especially like his idea of the exam. OLDFART FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

lostin90s 11-24-2007 09:29 AM

Well put Oldfart. I'm sending pic of my truck to everyone. Because everyone know my truck but nobody knows me. Later