Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chapter Discussion (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum138/)
-   -   FTE National Rally proposal (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/674462-fte-national-rally-proposal.html)

Greywolf 11-15-2007 10:29 AM

FTE National Rally proposal

A "Coast to Coast" national rally, based on individual local rallies in one or more places in their own states, so that people could get to the events, and more importantly could AFFORD to be at the events, so that nationwide people could get together for it, instead of it being exclusively available only to folks with deep pockets, and the vacation time to be there.

If you think about it, if everyone who wanted to come to the national rally we had, ACTUALLY SHOWED UP - it could easily have been a nightmare. Think of the parking hassles alone...

This brings it down more to the level of a single day side-trip, and I think would go a long way towards promoting chapter G2G's. Highlights from the day could be posted in a dedicated thread. BEST OF could become an artical for the FTE main page. We could easily come away from it amazed that we had done it...

And any and all types of events could be the center of each chapters "Rally". A truck show, a rodeo, a family picnic around a lake, you name it.

If we figure on late spring, or early summer as a baseline for planning, then each chapter could start thinking about where to have it, what it might take (Do we need stickers? Do we need t-shirts? Do we need hats?), who wants to go - and a sign-up thread could be useful there.

The actual date can be worked out among all chapters, and may not necessarily have to be the EXACT same day. How the International Chapter might work it out is anybodies guess....

But if there are some FTE'rs or just FORD TRUCKS out Fred's way, it may actually be an international event in scope before it is all said and done.

And going about it this way - THAT CAN HAPPEN!

At this point it is a Proposal, but Ken has said though he can't spare the organization or time right now, if enough people get interested in this idea, he would not discourage such activeties.

In fact, if the international chapter has significant interest in it - that would really make it an FTE WORLDWIDE RALLY wouldn't it? That would be a definite scoop on everybody else out there with other sites.

THERE IT IS, the grand scheme. What do you think?

PS: One last - why have it all on the same day? What is a rally after all... An event taking place over time, isn't it?

If the individual "Rally" meets are spaced over several days or even weeks, it gives people time to absorb it, instead of it all having to happen at once. And an already existing event on the calendar can then BECOME the rally, without having to massage anything much at all.

Greywolf 11-15-2007 03:36 PM

Further note: A proposed start date and time of 1 minute past midnight (Greenwich) on 1 august 2008, and an end time of straight up midnight in Perth Australia, 31 august, 2008.

Would that be helpful? Any event already being planned within that time period could BECOME the Rally Event for a given chapter. You need change nothing... It simply acquires a new name and meaning.

Perhaps we could chart it all on a map as it happens.

rbloodhound 11-15-2007 04:19 PM

I am working on it in the Louisiana chapter. I am definatly interested.

Greywolf 11-15-2007 04:22 PM

There's been some positive feedback (to say the LEAST...)

CL's might consider dropping some dimes in this thread.

glruff 11-15-2007 08:31 PM

The Mid-Atlantic Region states, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania have their meet already scheduled for August 8, 9 & 10 2008. We will use the 9th as our FTE Rally day.

Who else has a date.

rbloodhound 11-15-2007 08:35 PM

No date yet but we are definatly in.

Greywolf 11-15-2007 08:41 PM

YEAH!!!!

This is how history is made....

glruff 11-15-2007 08:45 PM

Hey Dutch, visit West Virginia and get Joe, msgtg onboard.

He has been compiling a list of the chapter leaders email addrs and would be a valuable resource in getting the word directly to the chapter leaders.:-X22

Greywolf 11-15-2007 09:44 PM

I really think we need to carry the message directly to the people in some way.

PUBLICISE it rather than relay it.

Members will then make their wants about it known. In some cases that might be necessary. Some chap leaders are absentee's...

rbloodhound 11-15-2007 09:53 PM

We can start making posts in each chapter with a link to this thread. What do you think?

Greywolf 11-15-2007 10:30 PM

Lordy, I just got lit up by what I found in the Arizona chapter after a bit of investigating.

I'm waiting to get lambasted for it too....

I have done some of that, but yes - it needs to become common knowlege to be discussed by members, not just chap leaders.

Only then will we have a true idea of what people think of it. If you can do a part of that, thank you. Not all of the chapters have even a clue of it yet.

F2504x4 11-15-2007 10:32 PM

Onboard Wolfie, and you got a pm , lets hope all the CL's will join in on this :-X03

glruff 11-15-2007 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Greywolf
I really think we need to carry the message directly to the people in some way.

PUBLICISE it rather than relay it.

Members will then make their wants about it known. In some cases that might be necessary. Some chap leaders are absentee's...

There you go thinking again Dutch. Since when do the masses not follow their leaders into battle??

It's easier to convince the CL's who will multiple the participation. Without their support, well you know the rest of the story.

Greywolf 11-15-2007 10:45 PM

You underestimate the impact of mass appeal. I have often found leaders ineffective at need, and this is an idea with an attraction value far higher than many in recent days.

How many wished they could have been in kansas? I was only there by luck, and because Dennis wanted me there so bad. Few people could be so fortunate...

And in this case - if I am not mistaken I AM ONE OF the leaders. And I think you are with me on this, aren't you - General Bradley?

"Audacity, AUDACITY!!! Always audacity...."
(William the Conqueror, if I am not mistaken)

George, I do not mean to say I place you beneath me. Far from it - you have done far better in your region as a whole, than I ever managed to do in TN all by itself. By example, you have done far better than I ever did. But this is an overall game plan that I think we will all benefit from, and the consequenses are far reaching. I think this will do things for FTE that we never thought possible.

But the essence of it is that you must have the people behind it in order for anything truly great to happen. And if it relies on the same people - it must be possible for them to be a part OF IT.

That is what I want to see, a way for everyone to be part of it....

Well and good to read about an event far away, but if you can really BE THERE, it changes everything in a basic way. You can say: "I DID THAT!"

Can't you?

glruff 11-15-2007 11:06 PM

In addition to leading, I am a good follower. I am not saying not to continue the appeal to the FTE members as a whole.

It still will the the CL who sets up the meet for his chapter is that not correct?