Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   Door Swap (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/673298-door-swap.html)

timberon94f350 11-12-2007 12:10 PM

Door Swap

Hi,

My 95 F-150 has messed up doors on it & my buddy has doors off a 1988. I was wondering if they will interchange or if at least the door glass (not the wind wings). It looks like all the mounting points are the same, but I don't want to tear stuff apart if it is not going to work. I would appreciate any advice.

89frankenford 11-12-2007 12:30 PM

the doors are interchangable. im currently putting a 95 door on my 89 and it fits like a glove

Conanski 11-12-2007 12:30 PM

See my gallery... my '90 has '92 doors on it, the opposite of what you are planning. I used the window glass, power actuators, and interior door skin from my '90 on the '92 doors.. all fit fine.

timberon94f350 11-12-2007 12:42 PM

Ok thanks a million guys, but will the door panels off the 95 fit on the 88 doors? Is any serious mods required to do this?

Conanski 11-12-2007 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by timberon94f350
Ok thanks a million guys, but will the door panels off the 95 fit on the 88 doors? Is any serious mods required to do this?

There is a bracket bolted to the door for the armrest, these things are different and have to be swapped, but that's it, the inside door skin will snap on. http://www.flickr.com/photos/motorst...7602815837039/

ckdc 02-19-2008 03:16 PM

My 90 F350 CCD drivers door is sagging so I have to lift it when I close it. It's the Lariat Version with power locks and widows. Any suggestions on fixing the hinge or swapping the door?

GrimOne 02-19-2008 05:19 PM

Is there some sort of adjustment on the door itself? The door on my 96 was replaced before I bought it. But it looks like it doesn't fit quite right, not to mention that when closed sitting inside the truck I can look back and see daylight through the crease and hear/feel air blowing through it as I'm going down the road (weatherstrip is 100% intact on door), when closed looking at it from outside, it doesn't look like it's fits quite right. while the passenger side door looks perfectly fine. Second.. I changed my lock cylinder (new key) passenger side door took another key and apparently nobody has the spare key to the new drivers door, it possible to get the doors keyed to the new key I have for the ignition?

Animalistic 02-19-2008 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by GrimOne
Is there some sort of adjustment on the door itself?

The hinge and striker plate all have a 3 way adjustment. Use a torx bit to loosen the bolts enough so you have to hit the door to move the hinge. Then, close the door gently. You may need to do this several times to get it aligned properly. It took me 3 trys to get my door where it would close properly.

Originally Posted by GrimOne
Second.. I changed my lock cylinder (new key) passenger side door took another key and apparently nobody has the spare key to the new drivers door, it possible to get the doors keyed to the new key I have for the ignition?

Your best bet on this is to either go to a bone yard that has keys for the locks or take it into a locksmith to have them re-keyed. It would probably be cheaper to go to the boneyard.

dehamma 03-16-2008 11:10 AM

I am looking for some used manual doors with mirrors or without (decent shape) and fenders for my 89. What is a good price for them? I just would like to know where to start.

Thanks

frederic 03-16-2008 11:21 AM

CKDC - I'd replace the hinges or repin them. All four doors on my crewcab started sagging after a while (the drivers door being the worst as it's used most often). Simple to do - hammer out the old pin, install new bushines and hammer in the new pin and it's done. Bolt door back onto hinges or bolt door and hinges back onto cab, depending how you took it apart.

Dehamma - prices for used parts vary wildly based on condition, location, the yard itself, the yard owners mood, etc. One yard by me in NJ for example wants $75 a door, with glass and anything attached to the door. That's not unreasonable if the glass is in good shape, the window/latch mechanisms work, and the mirror on the outside is intact. If not, find another door (or several) with good bits and combine them to make a door worth $75 :)

A yard out in PA I go to once in a blue moon wants $35 for a complete door. So it varies.

dyoungen 04-14-2008 06:21 PM

I have a 1987 F250 with electric windows and locks. What year doors will fit and does anybody the panel that goes below the armrest and controls? The interior is tan and it is for the passenger side.

Pele 11-27-2008 10:25 AM

Rather than post up a new thread, I think it belongs in this:

What about internal parts of the doors, specifically:

-Latching mechanisms
-Power lock actuators
-Key Cylinders
-Window regulators (And variances between power and manual versions)

Will these items transfer between any year of 1987-1996?

Conanski 11-27-2008 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Pele (Post 6817951)
What about internal parts of the doors, specifically:

-Latching mechanisms
-Power lock actuators
-Key Cylinders
-Window regulators (And variances between power and manual versions)

Will these items transfer between any year of 1987-1996?

Yes.. everything is the same. I put '92 doors on my '90, and removed the manual controls from the '92 doors and installed the harware for power windows and locks from my original doors. I also used the old main window glass in the newer doors.

mlford 05-01-2009 05:12 PM

I would like to know if a 92 f150 front cap will fit on a 91 f150

nflfreak43 05-01-2009 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by mlford (Post 7452426)
I would like to know if a 92 f150 front cap will fit on a 91 f150

what do you mean cap? as in front clip? or what?