Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alberta Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum79/)
-   -   parts store for a 74 ford ranger (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/671217-parts-store-for-a-74-ford-ranger.html)

sledmanj 11-06-2007 04:41 PM

parts store for a 74 ford ranger

hi , i am looking for a place to order parts for a 09/74 ford f150 ranger xlt. i am restore it so i need lots of parts, fenders , doors, boxsides, bolt kits, mldg kits. etc.. can anyone help me. thanks :)

Mil1ion 11-06-2007 04:50 PM

Where in Alberta are you ?

Do you want to pay extra for shipping or have it part of a reghular order from the states ?

sledmanj 11-06-2007 05:45 PM

I'm in fort nelson b.c , i own a body shop and we have a customer that want to restore his ranger, my normal suppliers are of no help. i am having a hard time to find one place to get everything, lots of places have some but not all. shipping is no biggie.

Mil1ion 11-06-2007 06:03 PM

What's better & quicker for yoiu ...Edmonton or Van ?

sledmanj 11-07-2007 11:05 AM

edmonton is overnight, vancouver is 2 days away.
jason

sledmanj 11-07-2007 11:06 AM

edmonton is overnight, vancouver is 2 days away. so either is not a problem. we order from both places now and fort nelson is so far north that people dont mind the wait lol.
jason

loudfords 11-07-2007 11:29 AM

You can get new body panels from crosscanada. With the loonie the way it is right now though, you'd probably have a cheaper time getting parts from the states.

mcdonaldm 11-07-2007 03:12 PM

AMP Auto Body in Edmonton is fairly decent. bought a few things from them. they have or can get just about most body panels and molding that you will need. a little higher priced than some, but they are local and do have a decent stock of parts. they can even get complete new beds, pricey, but new.

also try Dennis Carpenter (bought quite a bit for my 60 Ford off them, very easy to deal with and quick shipments with no hassles), LMC truck parts, Blue Oval, etc that are listed on the home page here. they will have more of the little pieces (interior trim, rubber parts, handles, etc) then Amp will plus all the body and moulding parts.

with our dollar going higher and higher, it is starting to be cheaper and cheaper even with shipping added to do buisness across the border. all of the above are very easy internet catalogue shopping with no hassles.

another piece of avise when shopping cross border, try to get them to ship via US Postal instead of UPS or Fed-Ex. US Postal/Canada Post charge a very reasonable brokerage fee (something like $5 compared to $36 for UPS + their other exoberant fees) and are just as quick.

good luck
Mike

sledmanj 11-08-2007 11:06 AM

thanks for the info gus, appreciate it :)

Mil1ion 11-08-2007 01:02 PM

Right now I am trying to find the Dennis Carpenter dealer closest to you.

They make the rounds at swap meets.

I should have mentioned that in the first reply ;)

I am think R.P.M. is the dealer.

They have regular shipments which would lower the cost for special shipping charges to you.

mustange70 11-11-2007 11:43 PM

lmc truck will have every body part you will need and then some, thats bout the most i can say on that matter though lol.