Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum174/)
-   -   Sync for the 2008 Expedition (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/664615-sync-for-the-2008-expedition.html)

bbeville 10-18-2007 09:48 PM

Sync for the 2008 Expedition

Anyone heard when Sync will be available on the EXpedition? I drove an 08 Expedition ( much better ride than my 2008 Explorer) and would like to get one. I'm on the phone alot while I'm driving and Sync seems to be the answer. I can't find an answer from anyone on availabilty.

bbeville 10-19-2007 10:25 AM

That would be my 2000 Explorer.. If I had a 2008 I could have gotten the Sync as Ford offers it. I am willing to wait until Sync comes out in Expedition....but how long is the question.

04markIII 10-19-2007 02:52 PM

they are still training us dealership people. it's a pretty cool system, though i'm sure it will have flaws early on.

Petrol 10-23-2007 08:18 PM

I saw and read about the new sync system, sounds like it will be sweet!

btw, it will be offered in other manufactureers vehicles late next year, although under a differant name.

bbeville 10-24-2007 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Petrol
I saw and read about the new sync system, sounds like it will be sweet!

btw, it will be offered in other manufactureers vehicles late next year, although under a differant name.

I saw it too and would like to see it in the Expedition soon.

IQ9 10-29-2007 12:49 PM

I was told that SYNC was not going to be avail on 08 Expys and we need to wait for 09. He did try to tell me they it could be added back to 08 models with the navi....WTF??

bbeville 10-29-2007 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by IQ9
I was told that SYNC was not going to be avail on 08 Expys and we need to wait for 09. He did try to tell me they it could be added back to 08 models with the navi....WTF??

Who was "he"? I don't understand the marketing strategy of not making it available on one of their models that caters to a target that would most want it and could afford it. It shoud be bundled with the nav units.

IQ9 10-29-2007 03:33 PM

He=sales guy. I cannot understand it either as we paid almost 54K for the EL. I love to see Ford send us a letter stating that SYNC was now aval and we could come in for an update to our NAVI system. Wouldn't that make up for the Hub Dubs..I think so.

bbeville 10-29-2007 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by IQ9
He=sales guy. I cannot understand it either as we paid almost 54K for the EL. I love to see Ford send us a letter stating that SYNC was now aval and we could come in for an update to our NAVI system. Wouldn't that make up for the Hub Dubs..I think so.

If you hear anymore post back here and I will do the same. I tend to keep a vehicle awhile and I'm not going to spend the big bucks on something that doesn't have all the options I want.

Ford is teasing us.

IQ9 10-29-2007 04:22 PM

I hear ya on that one. If I bought it with all the options what would make you think I wouldn't want SYNC...hell the Camry Hybrid I have as a company car has bluetooth with the NAVI and that car run the company 30K NOT 54K. I will report back here. The service advisor I have now seems to be a go getter..which I like. I think he and I will do well together. Thanks for make the this forum one of the best for info and good folks to talk to.

bbeville 10-29-2007 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by IQ9
I hear ya on that one. If I bought it with all the options what would make you think I wouldn't want SYNC...hell the Camry Hybrid I have as a company car has bluetooth with the NAVI and that car run the company 30K NOT 54K. I will report back here. The service advisor I have now seems to be a go getter..which I like. I think he and I will do well together. Thanks for make the this forum one of the best for info and good folks to talk to.

Hopefully someone at Ford monitors forums like this to get feedback on their products and what we want. Let's assume are voice is heard and they react.

I'm a glass half full kind of consumer... I want to believe they are listening and watching. They would have a sale right now if Sync was available. This would be my 3rd Ford SUV.

IQ9 10-29-2007 05:59 PM

I had no idea SYNC was going to be how I would get the bluetooth feature in the EL. Oh well I guess I got duped just like the 20 chrome rims...make that Hub Dubs aka:plastic chrome covers for my 20 inch rims. I do hope they listen and learn. Don't do cheap stuff you just make the customer mad and they inturn will find a forum to vent and your cheapness will be know by all.

bbeville 10-29-2007 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by IQ9
I had no idea SYNC was going to be how I would get the bluetooth feature in the EL. Oh well I guess I got duped just like the 20 chrome rims...make that Hub Dubs aka:plastic chrome covers for my 20 inch rims. I do hope they listen and learn. Don't do cheap stuff you just make the customer mad and they inturn will find a forum to vent and your cheapness will be know by all.

Just curious..you have 08 correct? What options?

Assuming Sync does happen sooner rather than later I want to get it loaded correctly. Can't awlays add them after the fact or ceratinly not delete them.

IQ9 10-29-2007 06:28 PM

I have an 08 with every option but the power steps and the Sat. TV. She listed for 53,500 and some change. I have the 2nd row captinas chairs not the bench although I could make a good case for the bench. Hope that helps. I wanted to put that info in a signature but on the user cp i didn't see and option. I may be blind though.

montecarlo31 12-08-2007 12:17 PM

2008 model job 2 is when the sync will be out in the Expy. Kit will retro fit to older 08s