Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pennsylvania Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum182/)
-   -   Moving out of Philly. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/661506-moving-out-of-philly.html)

soondg 10-09-2007 08:04 PM

Moving out of Philly.

As of Nov. 1st I will no longer be living in the city of brotherly love. We just got a place in a little area called Fergunsonville, Bristol Township, Pa.. There is enough room for some of you guys to park if you would like to have a little get together there. It's not far from the Neshaminy Creek (two minute walk) for those of you that may want to do a little fishing.

Ronin007 10-09-2007 08:21 PM

So when is the open house G2G??? :-D

soondg 10-09-2007 08:52 PM

As soon as we settle in.

tjc transport 10-10-2007 06:54 AM

great news!! now you can get rid of the quadrupal padlocks on the doors, and trade the rotweiler in on a nice poodle.

soondg 10-10-2007 11:40 AM

I will probably keep the padlocks. Something to do with to many drugs in the sixties and paranoia.(There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear. There's a man man with a gun over there, telling me I've got to beware).

The only thing the poodle is good for is my Rotties midnight snack.

96P_Stroke4x4 10-11-2007 11:13 AM

good luck with the move. don't forget to find the nearest beer and liquor stores for the gtg's hehe

soondg 10-11-2007 02:23 PM

If all goes well we could realistically have a meet sometime in November. Maybe a thanksgiving get together.

Matt, I already did the advance scouting for the libation stores, while I don't drink you know my wife likes her Lager.

ranger1999 Bob 10-11-2007 07:27 PM

listen i left you my business card with my numbers on it do you need a hand ? Give me a call if you do i have the van and i have a full size pickup although that doesnt run as well as id like.. my ranger is off the road for a bit.. but ill gladly come up with my wife and give you all a hand if ya need be give me a call
Bob and Sue

oldfart 10-21-2007 11:37 AM

Soondg glad to hear yer gittin' out of the big city. Never cottoned much to city life myself. Now, don't know how much free time I might have but let me offer up some advice. Get to U-haul and rent the biggest moving truck you can. Prefferably with the "extendable ramp" that comes out of the tailgate. I've done more'n a few moves..and that sure makes life easier. Also rent a trailer that hooks unto the back of that big truck. Some stuff just don't pack well. Start packing early and tuck it all in LABELED boxes! Trust me now...label them boxes! Are ye making the move all in one day or over a few weekends? Hopefully the latter. I trust ya have a few hefty friends there to help with the grunt-work? Well, let us know more of whats going on and mebbe we kin help. YMHS...Audie..the oldfart..

soondg 10-24-2007 11:37 PM

I'm making a bunch of small moves Audie. I priced out a u-haul and decided I may buy a trailer at Harbor Freight instead. After I move my stuff I have to drive up to Johnstown and move my mom down, the rental fees for a truck with mileage is insane. Better to find an old truck that I can keep when I'm done using it. It's a decent little property with enough parking for a get together and some fishing right down the street. Easy to get to from I-95 or the Turnpike and only about 15-20 minutes outside of the city.

c00nhunterjoe 10-26-2007 09:30 PM

cool, sounds like a quiet little country town setting

lostin90s 11-16-2007 04:48 PM

Now you can take a leak off back porch with out getting arrested . Again .:-X03

Hope you get all settled. You keep it up we may label you a red neck :-missingt

Later