Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   1994 dually wheel spacers?? and 3" drums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/653121-1994-dually-wheel-spacers-and-3-drums.html)

94' 460 F350 09-15-2007 03:25 PM

1994 dually wheel spacers?? and 3" drums

ive got a94 f350 dually crew 4wd(centurion ed.) and i have been told by several people that the dually's shouldnt have any wheel spacers on them, i didnt belive it, mine has a aluminum spacer prob 4" on the rear and stud extenders, is this stock? also it has 3inch brakes(drums) im getting new pads and when i search for parts many places are showing that the duallys should have 12 1/8" by 3.5" drums, well i have 12" by 3"drums, did someone switch them to 3" drums in order to save some$????? and ideas are great

https://i181.photobucket.com/albums/...h/DSCF0934.jpg

94' 460 F350 09-15-2007 11:50 PM

any ideas at all?

alabamabuddog 09-16-2007 10:18 AM

CENTURION! All those duallys are conversions. You can give them a call and find all the information you need. Just search for Centurion on google.

94' 460 F350 09-17-2007 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by alabamabuddog
CENTURION! All those duallys are conversions. You can give them a call and find all the information you need. Just search for Centurion on google.

so basicly they took a front and rear axle that is meant for a single rear wheel setup right and just added spacers in order to run dually wheels?

c402c1 01-22-2008 09:17 PM

I have a 93, same setup. Looks like they added longer studs to accomodate the DRW thus the need for the collar/spacer. We will have to keep in touch I thought I was the only guy in the world with this Centurion conversion.
Ever checked your rear brakes? Have a brake problem and wanted to get the drums off. Can't seem to loosen the nuts holding the individual stud spacers. Got a little nervous as I didn't want to twist a stud off. Thats the trouble with conversions. Information can be alittle tought to come by.

94' 460 F350 01-23-2008 04:02 PM

is yours a dually?, i re-did the rear brakes, new wheel cylinders and ceramic pads it was a huge difference, you can lock all 6 tires up of you want to slam on it, for the spacers i used a 1inch(i think) closed end wrench and i used a 4by4 to break them loose, first i soaked them with pb blaster, prob. not the best method but it worked, because they dont make a 1inch socket that deep or else you would have to get it custom made, it would have been alot less of a hassle it the centurion company would have just used a normal 1ton dually rear instead of using a non-dually 1ton rear end end that way the wouldnt have to deal with the stud spacers

c402c1 01-23-2008 11:00 PM

Yea mine is just like yours except not as good looking. All white, standard XLT interior, custom aluminum wheels, headers, flowmaster exhaust and some unknown name intake conversion, and K&N air filter, nothing fancy. Thanks for the tip though. Your right how much more trouble would it have been to throw a dually rear end under there. Because those years didn't come 4x4 DRW maybe the rear end off the 4x2 DRW wasn't compatible somehow. I have a seen fair number of Centurion 4x2 conversions. I wonder how many of the Centurion 4x4 SRW to DRW conversions they did in all.

94' 460 F350 01-24-2008 05:19 PM

yah i havnt seen many centurions before, only duallies and most were 2wd on craigslist.org, many have told me to look on google for there website but i think someone has bought there company, i have tried contacting them to get some information and specs on the older for duallies but havnt got any responses, i think it was a pretty small busniess in like michigan and they only did a hand full of conversions a year, that's why its a good idea to keep good care of theses really rare conversion duallies