Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum177/)
-   -   Anyone ASE certified? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/645631-anyone-ase-certified.html)

Peter94 08-24-2007 03:31 PM

Anyone ASE certified?

Just wondering how many people here are ASE certified and in what areas?

Do you remember any test questions?

I've got my ASE tests in "brakes" and "steering and suspension" coming up september 13 and would like to know what to expect.

I know the format, Tech1, Tech2, Both, None, etc...

But do they ask alot about abs valves and stuff like that, do they elaborate into the parking brake and stuff. how difficult did you think it was?

misfit351 08-24-2007 04:38 PM

i have 3 ASE's. HVAC, Chassis Elctrical, and Suspension & Steering.

i don't really remember any of the questions but the suspension was was very easy compared to the others.i had taken the class the semester before i took the ase for it and all i did to prepare was look over a study guide of questions one of my teachers gave me.as long as you know about camber,caster,sai and stuff like that you'll be alright.now the electrical one, that one was tough, i barely made it on that one.

Peter94 08-25-2007 10:09 PM

yeah, thats why I opted for the brakes. Hopefully that is an easy one too. The only thing that worries me is the abs portion of that.

misfit351 08-26-2007 08:43 PM

yea, they usually ain't too bad, i haven't had the brakes class yet but i prolly will next semester.

Teazr 08-26-2007 09:29 PM

I have 16 ASE certs and have been a master tech for 25+ years, if you have a general idea of the systems buy the books or check with the local library and read them. With some common sense and eliminating some of the answers they give you to pick form its not that hard. Its a multiple guess test and if you can eliminate 2 of the answers you have a 50/50 shot. Relax and read a pretest manual for whatever you want to take.

91 F-150 Farm Truck 09-09-2007 09:49 PM

I've been working parts for 6 months and have passed the ASE parts test (autozone payed) but I can't actually get it for another year and a half.

Peter94 12-05-2007 10:44 PM

Just thought I would let everyone know I recieved my test results and I passed both tests! What a relief!

I was sure I passed the brakes, but the steering and suspension i was not so sure about. But I passed both of them so WOHOOO!

85camaroman 12-06-2007 01:52 PM

I took 4 ase tests this past may. engine performance, engine repair, automatic transmission/transaxle and manual transmissions/transaxle. i only passed manual transmissions/transaxle and engine repair though. i failed engine performance by 1 question and pretty much bombed the automatic transmissions/transaxle test. ive got a lot of learning left though ive only been in the field for about 4 years now.

SUPERDUTY_untouchabl 12-14-2007 05:22 PM

Well I'm not certified yet but I am soon going to take the ase for Brakes and possibly for suspension steering.

klause85f150 12-28-2007 10:25 AM

I have parts and engine performance. In the spring I am going for hvac and maybe advanced engine performance, If they will let me. I think you have to be master certified to take either advanced engine performance or exhaust systems.

Cheers!!!