Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   As RexB says.. Where the heck is....? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/635909-as-rexb-says-where-the-heck-is.html)

oneminizut 07-25-2007 11:22 PM

As RexB says.. Where the heck is....?

Where is Marty, Placermike, Nighthawk, Jared, Nubee, Lostmybeer. It's been a really bad week for me. Sure would like to see some of my friends around. Could use some guidance right about now. lol, I know where Snowbunny is, Rex. I found her! She is trying to save the world a person at a time. Love ya Snowbunny.8D

Placermike 07-26-2007 12:29 AM

I have been running air conditioning lines at the Rehab Center, water lines at Rite Aide, Trim at the Grant development, and not sleeping much....LOL

I did do a post a bout a week ago, explaining that I would not be posting much over the next few weeks, but would be checking in each day.

Mike

oneminizut 07-26-2007 01:17 AM

Right, I remember that Mike. Just was wondering about you. Glad to hear you are getting into the web dev. side of things also. I've been really down and out over Arctic, so it's good to hear your keys a tappn

Ford_Six 07-26-2007 01:38 AM

I've been working for my landlord so they won't kick me out since I have only worked three days in the last month, with very little prospects for the immediate future. It's fun cutting rotted wood out of a mobile while dryrotted, mouse-chewed, and termite-eaten powder rains on you. I'd take hot sparks any day. But I've been here on occasion.
I need to get a coat of primer on the Galaxie so I can make it go away. Maybe if it's one color someone will want it.
How are things out your way?

oneminizut 07-26-2007 01:51 AM

I'mcoming up on a break real soon. Next 1 or 2 days. Need some help? I got grounded on my idea of rescue Arctic job and am feeling real bad about it, but don't want to loose Emmy over anyone.

RexB 07-26-2007 09:50 AM

Hiya' John :-wink We'uns are still here, just busy have to take advantage of this OUTSTANDING WEATHER in the woods. Sounds like everybody is getting lots done, I'm here when the boss gives me a break.

Your rehab'd truck still running pretty good?

oneminizut 07-26-2007 10:09 AM

Yeah. Not road worthy yet. Needs tires, something done with the breaks (they keep locking up a bit), needs a headlight switch.. other stuff. pretty minor I guess. Title and insurance. You know the routine. Something was wrong between the ignition switch and starting the engine so we have a direct hot wire hook up with a toggle switch. It works but I don't know if thats bad for the truck, leaving it like that I mean. Anyways, going back to sleep. Been a really depressing week... well, except for the truck running! :)

RexB 07-26-2007 10:24 AM

I dunno' how that "direct wire hook up with a toggle switch" is rigged, but as long as the starter does not continue spinning after the engine is running is ought to be Ok. G'luck with the state's and company's money grabbing re the title registration, insurance etc. There's lots of good used-tire resellers down your way...the collection at the county dump is pretty durn good too but you have to load them up out of sight of the county workers (not too tough to do.) :)

Try backing off (loosening) the adjustment on the brake, if it's a drum brake that is locking up. As you drive it should readjust itself to the right clearance. Mine act up like that every onceinawhile.

Placermike 07-26-2007 09:54 PM

Sounds like the toggle is acting as the solenoid...forget to turn it off then you burn the starter.

Mr. M 07-28-2007 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by oneminizut
Yeah. Not road worthy yet. Something was wrong between the ignition switch and starting the engine so we have a direct hot wire hook up with a toggle switch. It works but I don't know if thats bad for the truck, leaving it like that I mean.

Anyway to keep the FERD firing up is ok in my book. Assuming you starter stops spinning after its fired, I assume it should be ok.

Although if I had my druthers, I'd follow the ignition switch all the way out. If time or money wasn't an issue of course.

good luck

Mike

Snowbunny 07-28-2007 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by oneminizut
I'mcoming up on a break real soon. Next 1 or 2 days. Need some help? I got grounded on my idea of rescue Arctic job and am feeling real bad about it, but don't want to loose Emmy over anyone.

John ~ Arctic is gonna be fine! He has realized that making an unscheduled exit would just make it easier for her to bring a new stallion into his barn! He's getting mad about things, and I for one, see that as a good sign. Some of us have sent him a few bucks so he has been able to get to town to pick up a few things. He has decided NOT to live in the boat ~ It's his house and he's staying! He says if she wants to leave, there's the door babe, go! I'm so proud of him and wish I could give him a huge hug! I know he's got a long ways to go, but he still has 'fight' in him ~ she didn't kill it after all! Don't worry about Arctic ~ Let us do that! You need to attend to matters a little closer to home! I don't know that I have enough energy left these days to cope with too many more dilemmas! God, I'm tired! I need a beer!

PS ~ Love you guys too! Give Emmy a hug for me!

Snowbunny 07-28-2007 01:23 PM

Oh, Nick's on a huge fire in southern Oregon... Over 100 thousand acres! Should be home in another week or so! Whoo Hoo! I'm so excited to see him!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19791102/

nighthawk285 08-06-2007 07:12 PM

Hey John, I'm here, barely kinda....brought my computer down here to Sisters with me this time, so I can get online now. Got off that fire, hoping to go on another one here tomorrow:) Keep the home fires burning man, you and Emmy will be alright.

Placermike 08-06-2007 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by nighthawk285
Hey John, I'm here, barely kinda....brought my computer down here to Sisters with me this time, so I can get online now. Got off that fire, hoping to go on another one here tomorrow:) Keep the home fires burning man, you and Emmy will be alright.

Get 'er done, and stay 'cool' at work!:-drink

nighthawk285 08-06-2007 08:07 PM

yeah, I haven't even seen:-drink in at least a month........sad day for me