Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   It seems quiet on the forums today (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/627817-it-seems-quiet-on-the-forums-today.html)

dmanlyr 06-30-2007 04:39 PM

It seems quiet on the forums today

It is only 2:30 PST, and I guess I have started the Saturday Nights Loosers Club early... lol

Kinda quiet on here. Good news, I recieved authorization for surgery to get my torn rotator cuff repairs, so maybe within a month or month and a half I will have two good arms again! Maybe get out in the garage and get some work done. It will be nice to get out on the motorcycle again also.

Oh well my mind is wandering, nice day though.

David

Placermike 06-30-2007 05:38 PM

Good luck with the surgery!...I just got online...been crabbing...Beautiful day, and I think most are just out there doing something.

Eric C. 06-30-2007 06:28 PM

I was putting the roof on my wife's new garden shed. Now goto get cleaned up and fix dinner and get ready for company tonight.

Mr. M 06-30-2007 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by dmanlyr
It is only 2:30 PST, and I guess I have started the Saturday Nights Loosers Club early... lol

Kinda quiet on here. Good news, I recieved authorization for surgery to get my torn rotator cuff repairs, so maybe within a month or month and a half I will have two good arms again! Maybe get out in the garage and get some work done. It will be nice to get out on the motorcycle again also.

Oh well my mind is wandering, nice day though.

David

I've had three shoulder surgeries...my shoulder liked to separate after my junior year of high school football. The one that worked the best for me was when they built a fake rotator cuff out of polyurethane and bolted me down with titanium rods!

Had that slapped in when I was 20 and its lasted 6 years so far! I can hunt (shooting right handed again) fly fish, throw a baseball, and wrench on my truck with both arms!

Woot for Western medicine, plastic and metal aftermarket body parts!

:D

brentleedragon 06-30-2007 09:33 PM

i hung drywall on the ceiling....................... lord kill me :'( but its overwith lol

Snowbunny 06-30-2007 09:45 PM

But now you have to mud and tape! That's almost as bad as all the sanding before you can paint!

dmanlyr 06-30-2007 09:51 PM

I decided to take nap.. Yawn. I think I overslept a bit, lost most of the day. It does look like a nice evening.

Placermike - Crabbing sounds like fun, not sure I could do much with the pots though right now

Been there and done that on both the roofing and the drywalling! Not sure I would want to take on either of those projects right now.

Thanks all for the good wishes on the surgery. I am a bit aprehensive, at 48 I guess I have been lucky, I have never had to have surgery like this before. I can say that I am not looking forward to the actual surgery, although I do like the idea of being able to say, pull a cylinder head easily again!

Hmmm .. now what is on the History channel tonight ?

Regards, David

brentleedragon 06-30-2007 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Snowbunny
But now you have to mud and tape! That's almost as bad as all the sanding before you can paint!

i just finished sanding an entire 1600 sqft (give or take) basement, have to texture that on monday, and I hung the ceiling today, soo tired, I actually dont mind the taping and muding, the sanding i hate who doesnt?

Mr. M 06-30-2007 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by dmanlyr
Thanks all for the good wishes on the surgery. I am a bit aprehensive, at 48 I guess I have been lucky, I have never had to have surgery like this before. I can say that I am not looking forward to the actual surgery, although I do like the idea of being able to say, pull a cylinder head easily again!

Good luck on the surgery. Rotator cuff repair alone is pretty minimal. Follow the rehab closely and adhere to the arm down time requested by your surgeon.

Look into DMSO cream for pain afterwards. Works wonders and doesn't require 1000mg of ibuprofen continuosly in your system to work as an anti-inflammatory.

Snowbunny 06-30-2007 11:11 PM

I tore mine years ago, but never got surgery. No insurance... Took seven years before the pain went away. Still don't have much strength when I reach up over my head... But it doesn't hurt anymore!

nubeee1 06-30-2007 11:19 PM

bunny ....what was the good bye smack for?...(SNL)...I've been a good boy.!..:)

Snowbunny 06-30-2007 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by nubeee1
bunny ....what was the good bye smack for?...(SNL)...I've been a good boy.!..:)

That was a 'Good-Night" kiss! Silly! Next time I'll say, "Muah!" Then you'll know what it is! :-X22

Mr. M 06-30-2007 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Snowbunny
That was a 'Good-Night" kiss! Silly!

TMI!

No tonsil hockey on the FTE forums please!

;)

Snowbunny 06-30-2007 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. M
TMI!

No tonsil hockey on the FTE forums please!

;)

No tonsil hockey! Just a nice peck on the cheek!