Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   Introduction. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/627069-introduction.html)

Kurt G. 06-28-2007 01:21 AM

Introduction.

Hey everybody, Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kurt G. I live in Richland Wa.Originally I was from SoCal. La habra. I'm married with 2 sons, 14 & 9. My 54 was owned by my dad. He gave it to me in 2001. I had to scrape up an engine. I have a Y-block 292. The truck has more history than I do. Dad bought it in mid 60's. He was one of the original charter member for Pick-up Limited. I still have the membership plack. Go look at the 2 pictures I have of my truck. Let me know what you think. I'm getting ready to do a lot of work to it. I just missed "Cool Desert Nights" old yeller wasn't finished. Thats all for now. Kurt G

RexB 06-28-2007 08:03 AM

Nice to virtually meet ya' Kurt! Not everybody hates Californians, my fav relatives live in LA *gasp*.

Your '54 will be HOT :)

Rex

Snowbunny 06-28-2007 09:35 AM

Welcome, Kurt! Have no fear, I'm a transplant too! I once called LaHabra home, as well as Garden Grove, Brea, Orange, Tustin, Anaheim... the list goes on! Ha! Ha!

Eric C. 06-28-2007 09:44 AM

Well Hello Kurt. I know the terrotory you come from. I did most of my time withh Uncle Sugar down in San Diego and Pendleton, a year and 1/2 with U-haul at in San Berdo while living in Hemet.

Placermike 06-28-2007 08:52 PM

Once again...Welcome Kurt!

Looking at this thread, maybe everyone has Cali roots....I was Born in Norcal, Dad was a Marine, so spent many years at Camp Pendleton, and a couple outside of Barstow.

Being a military brat, and joining the military, I have been many places...How the Heck did I end up being athe CL for the Washington Chapter of FTE?....LMFAO:-wink :-drink

Placermike 06-28-2007 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Snowbunny
Welcome, Kurt! Have no fear, I'm a transplant too! I once called LaHabra home, as well as Garden Grove, Brea, Orange, Tustin, Anaheim... the list goes on! Ha! Ha!

I guess it is true...The only Native Californians don't live there anymore!}>

brentleedragon 06-28-2007 10:15 PM

im a transplant too as snowbunny puts it , San Diego and Orange county, been up here for 2 years. enjoy the boards!

-Brent

arctic y block 06-28-2007 10:30 PM

Now ya see why all the real Washingtonians moved to Alaska. Bet ya didn't think I could spell that did ya.

Kurt G. 06-28-2007 10:49 PM

Well, it seems many of us came from Cali. I've been in Washigton for a long time but my roots are in SoCal. You know I'm begining to feel right at home. Thanks all. Kurt G.

Snowbunny 06-28-2007 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by arctic y block
Now ya see why all the real Washingtonians moved to Alaska. Bet ya didn't think I could spell that did ya.

Guess that's why I moved to Alaska so long ago... Must be a Washingtonian at heart!

brentleedragon 06-28-2007 10:59 PM

psh that hurts that hurts lots :'(

arctic y block 06-28-2007 11:57 PM

Well when Washington became Northern California and Mexico it was time to leave.

Snowbunny 06-29-2007 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by brentleedragon
psh that hurts that hurts lots :'(

Don't let it... I came back to Washington over ten years ago!

brentleedragon 06-29-2007 01:28 AM

lol on your location i figured :-) and i wouldnt blame you ... most californians (not myself) are extremely ughhh annoying? yes i beLIEve (had to do that) that is the right word. well off to bed work tomorrow and once again Kurt, welcome to the board, have lots and lots of fun...because us washington fte's are the :-X25