Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.4L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum169/)
-   -   Installed Sct 6.4 Tuner Wow!!!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/626992-installed-sct-6-4-tuner-wow.html)

BUCKY44 06-27-2007 09:15 PM

Installed Sct 6.4 Tuner Wow!!!!

Well guys after much wait I got my SCT Livewire Extreme Race Tuner yesterday and put it in right away with the EGT probe and all I can say is WOW!!!! This truck is moving fast its smoking and the twins are whistling like crazy!!! Shouts to Brad @ SCT for walking me through the steps and let me tell you the truck is flying after about a full day of ragging out not one problem or problem code or anything the exhaust is whistling so loud I thought I had my back window cracked and I was hearing wind noice but it was the exhaust from the outside of the cabin and beleive it or not its puffing out black smoke when you punch it I will be updating you guys. Also if you have any questions I will be more than happy to help. The kit came with the suction cup to install on the windshield but you DO NOT need to have the livewire plugged in all the time I have it disconnected if you want to monitor the truck then you have to have it plugged in I remeber some of you asking about that...

SUPERDUTY_untouchabl 06-27-2007 09:26 PM

Sweet does it break loose when you punch it?

jdecker88 06-27-2007 09:27 PM

Just curious, I'd like to know if it would through it into regen mode more if its putting out black smoke past the partical filter.

BUCKY44 06-27-2007 09:34 PM

Does it break Loose???!!!!! Are you kidding me I wanted to feel the power because I was loosing it all over the place so I came to a full stop to launch it hard I put it in 4X4 held the brake and boosted it until about 30-35 PSI and punched it that thing slammed me into my seat and my buddy too. Its insane

**Note it breaks loose also because race tune permanently take off the traction control my truck has it and it is alwasy off even if you push the button.

SuperchipsMike 06-28-2007 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by BUCKY44
Well guys after much wait I got my SCT Livewire Extreme Race Tuner yesterday and put it in right away with the EGT probe and all I can say is WOW!!!! This truck is moving fast its smoking and the twins are whistling like crazy!!! Shouts to Brad @ SCT for walking me through the steps and let me tell you the truck is flying after about a full day of ragging out not one problem or problem code or anything the exhaust is whistling so loud I thought I had my back window cracked and I was hearing wind noice but it was the exhaust from the outside of the cabin and beleive it or not its puffing out black smoke when you punch it I will be updating you guys. Also if you have any questions I will be more than happy to help. The kit came with the suction cup to install on the windshield but you DO NOT need to have the livewire plugged in all the time I have it disconnected if you want to monitor the truck then you have to have it plugged in I remeber some of you asking about that...

Did you remove the DPF?

PSD6litre40 06-28-2007 08:10 AM

This excites me! Too bad I think I am going to wait for a Job 2 build......... I wanna see a video dangit!

Fredtp 06-28-2007 09:21 AM

Does the DPF have to be removed Mike?

Fred

BUCKY44 06-28-2007 09:32 AM

No Mike I havent removed the DPF yet Im debating what I should do if I should but like a Ready-made exhaust and them make a custom pipe inplace if the cats and the DPF or to just go to a muffler shop and have them make me a custom straight pipe all the way back... What do you guys think?

SANDDEMON08 06-28-2007 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by BUCKY44

How high does the boost go with the extreme setting, and what kind of Exhaust temps are you seeing. Are you running the stock air box. Do the rpms go to 4200

BUCKY44 06-28-2007 10:06 AM

The Highest boost I recorded was 36.4 PSI I didnt check the Exhaust Temp I will let you guys know later Ill go check. Yes I still have the stock air box and stock exhaust onlye the tuner is installed with the EGT Probe

blown65stang 06-28-2007 11:05 AM

Maybe its just me but black smoke out the exhaust with the DPF in place seems like a terrible idea.

origcharger 06-28-2007 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by blown65stang
Maybe its just me but black smoke out the exhaust with the DPF in place seems like a terrible idea.

In many areas, black smoke out the exhaust will be a bad idea whether the DPF is in place or not.

SANDDEMON08 06-28-2007 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by origcharger
In many areas, black smoke out the exhaust will be a bad idea whether the DPF is in place or not.

Outside of emmision control enforcers, what problems do you see. From what i have heard from SCT a tune will be out shortly to turn the regen off. If so, and you remove the DPF what problems could devlope.

origcharger 06-28-2007 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by SANDDEMON08
Outside of emmision control enforcers, what problems do you see. From what i have heard from SCT a tune will be out shortly to turn the regen off. If so, and you remove the DPF what problems could devlope.

I don't see any problems outside of emission control enforcers, are you saying that visible smoke from a 2008 Ford Diesel won't be of any concern in any area of the USA?

SANDDEMON08 06-28-2007 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by origcharger
I don't see any problems outside of emission control enforcers, are you saying that visible smoke from a 2008 Ford Diesel won't be of any concern in any area of the USA?

No, it will be a problem, i was curious what other problems outside of that you might have to deal with relating to the engine. Based on your post.