Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Delaware Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum191/)
-   -   2007 AUGUST GTG DOVER AIR FORCE BASE SHOW (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/626013-2007-august-gtg-dover-air-force-base-show.html)

dawgs150 06-24-2007 10:42 PM

2007 AUGUST GTG DOVER AIR FORCE BASE SHOW

Hi all. As some of you may remember there has been talk about a show at the DAFB museum on August 11th. So lets make this official. The show info is listed below...also after the show everyone is invited to my house for a sampling of Fat Lew's BBQ and Grill. With me being at the show all day it wont be a huge menu but i think we can figure something out. My addy is
86 Quail Hollow Drive, Dover

As an added request, I would like for us to consider donating some items to the organization to help with the airman and their families.. a quote from one of their directors " To answer your question about supporting our Airmen in other ways, the USO always accepts personal care items for issue to deploying Airmen. And if you want to donate phone cards, I can get them in the right hands, too. "
We should really get into this and represent our chapter well...its a chance that we all can chip and make a difference for a serviceman / woman and their family.. The show is free and I will be posting additional details over the next few days, so we should at least donate what would be a reasonable registration fee for a show...

so, who's with me...

please feel free to contact me and i will answer questions i can..

08/11/2007 Super Street Car & Bike Show

Location : Dover Air Force Base Museum Dover DE 19901 302-677-3246 302-677-2291

www.doverafbservices.com

xan.salas@dover.af.mil

Additional Info :

FREE entrance to exhibit/ display car and bikes. Show runs from 11-3:00pm at AMC Museum.

Open to the public.

We are looking for car & bike clubs to participate, vendors to show their merchandise, food vendors, etc..

Trophies, giveaways and cash prices will awarded. The event will host live entertainment, dealer displays, food, pinewood derby race, and many demonstrations.

Cars will be displayed among the most elite military aircraft from yesteryear to today.

This event is to improve the morale of our military families and to support the tro ops.

All makes models and years are welcome .

Come out and show your support for our troops and for America

jeffisjacked 06-24-2007 11:08 PM

hey, to add on to some ideas for gifts for the troops, here are some organizations that took care of me while I was in Iraq.

www.treatsfortroops.com - this one is neat bc you can send to a specific person or unit
www.anymarine.com - linked also is any sailor, any soldier and any airman. you can either send a care package or money and they'll send the care package

www.uso.org - obviously, they help out in so many ways from care packages to airport lounges for troops in travel

www.operationpaperback.org - they usually take the books from libraries, but if you have a bunch, they'll take them from you too. You can send your old books to the troops overseas so they have something to read during the down time(which is most of the time)

http://www.nmcrs.org/ - the navy Marine Corps relief society...they are awesome! If your family is in financial trouble, they'll help out. If you have a family emergency, but can't afford a ticket home, they'll front you the money. The army and airforce relief society can also be accessed from this page.

DAFBFD58 06-25-2007 08:43 AM

I will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

savage2211 06-25-2007 01:38 PM

I will be there........and at the after party at lews............

dawgs150 06-25-2007 02:46 PM

cool...keep em coming guys..lets really make a good showing for the base personnel

SCRWDRVR 06-25-2007 05:12 PM

I'm in....... and I think I maybe able to eat some BBQ too :-D

dawgs150 06-26-2007 02:45 PM

all right it looks like i need to add some motivation to the pot...
the bbq menu will be burgers, dogs, chicken, beans and the other usual sides...i can also do some wings and other appetizers to get us going...

SCRWDRVR 06-26-2007 04:02 PM

Lew, if you have what you need I'd gladly donate to the food fund. :-X06

glruff 06-26-2007 04:12 PM

I think I can make this one. lol

dawgs150 07-02-2007 03:29 PM

so..is there any interest in going to the show???? i know my truck will probably be out of the shows for awhile as i fight with the insurance companies...

anyone?

jeffisjacked 07-02-2007 06:29 PM

90% chance ill be there

phil6608 07-03-2007 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by dawgs150
so..is there any interest in going to the show???? i know my truck will probably be out of the shows for awhile as i fight with the insurance companies...

anyone?

I'm pretty sure I'll make the show.
But I think I'll have to miss the BBQ. ( Kids!!!!) Sorry Lew.

dawgs150 07-03-2007 05:52 AM

no problem phil...i understand... hope u can make the show...

savage2211 07-03-2007 06:06 AM

Hey lew, just shine the black truck up and show it......Must be nice to have more than one ford truck.......lol

SCRWDRVR 07-04-2007 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by savage2211
Hey lew, just shine the black truck up and show it......Must be nice to have more than one ford truck.......lol

Right on Barry, I know it's not the same Lew but it's the same guys just bring the black one