Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum246/)
-   -   Tonneau cover ordered for the Tank (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/623034-tonneau-cover-ordered-for-the-tank.html)

nutfarmii 06-15-2007 11:42 AM

Tonneau cover ordered for the Tank

Well, finally have ordered a tonneau cover for the Tank, it is an Access tonneau cover with toolbox option so I don't have to lose my toolbox. Waiting for it to arrive via Fedex sometime in the next 2-3days. Will post pics once it is on. Any body ever install one of these before?

Thanks

sysman_rick 06-15-2007 01:03 PM

Just seen pics in the catalogs. I'm curious about how good the seal is between the toolbox & the cover. I'm looking for a toolbox I can use with my Leer hardtop cover.

Access Roll-Up Cover 06-15-2007 02:14 PM

Access Installation Video

Originally Posted by nutfarmii
Well, finally have ordered a tonneau cover for the Tank, it is an Access tonneau cover with toolbox option so I don't have to lose my toolbox. Waiting for it to arrive via Fedex sometime in the next 2-3days. Will post pics once it is on. Any body ever install one of these before?

Originally Posted by nutfarmii

Thanks

Thanks for buying an Access® Toolbox Edition Roll-Up Cover. I know you will be very satisfied with the quality and versatility it will provide you for years to come. If you have installation questions, please call our customer service department and they can provide you with help at 1-888-587-8813. You can also check out our installation video on our website at http://www.agricover.com/index.php/home/page/videos/

If you would prefer, you can also have one of our qualified dealers in your area install the cover for you for a fee. To find the closest dealer in your area you can go to http://agri.know-where.com/agricover/

FTE Trigger 06-15-2007 11:26 PM

I was curious on one of these too.... (LB '05 f150) since I do have the better built single lid crossover box...

If I knew I had some time to spare by then I'd help ya...
hate to say... I've got quite a backlog of "to-dos" and "Have-to s"

92F150Flare 06-16-2007 08:40 AM

I never installed the tool box one but have done a number of standard soft tonneaus. Really easy to do on most trucks......the clamps hook up to your rails and tighten to hold the side rails of the cover......cross bars added and then the cover........you can adjust to get it looking nice and tight......you'll like it.
Is it the snap or the velcro closure? I've always had the snaps.....never tried the other.......and used a little spray lube on them from time to time to keep them from getting hard to un-snap.
I used a product called 303 Protectant on the material too.....to help with sun protection. Been a while since I had one though......things might be somewhat different now.

Good Luck

FTE Trigger 06-16-2007 01:03 PM

303... isn't that from the LPS product line-up?

nutfarmii 06-18-2007 06:06 AM

Well, the cover arrived Saturday, had my older boy helped me out. We had to modify the bar they sent that goes up against the toolbox. The width of any fullsize truck bed is approximately 64 1/4", the bar was 74 1/4", so we cut it with a hacksaw down to 64 1/4", drilled out the rivets from the l shaped aluminum bracket, drilled the holes to 3/16" popped in two hockey helmet rivet-screws and voila. Clamped the bar upagainst the rails and silcon beaded on the toolbox. then clamped the two side rails and dropped in the cover. All was great until mother nature dumped about 2" rain on us, had to stop for about 2hours and then went back to tighten the 4 bolts that hold the cover on.

92F150Flare, the cover has the velcro down the sides. I will post pics as soon as I get the camera out of my wife's hands and upload a few.

Thanks for the input on the install. Just leaves me wondering what were they thinking when they put that bar in the box....

92F150Flare 06-18-2007 07:18 AM

Here's the page on the 303 Rich

http://www.303products.com/main.php

I found it years ago when I lived on Ohio and had a boat.....always used it for the flybridge cover and any canvas/sunbrella items. It's made to protect material from UV damage.

Glad the install went well nutfarmii......odd about that bar being that long....I'm sure they have some explanation for it. I'm curious now how you'll like the velcro closure after using it some.......keep us informed.

Now that i have a "new" tailgate....thanks again Rich......:-D......I'm waffling on the bed. I talked to Line-X last week and he says he can come up over the rails; side, front and tailgate, and make it look like it has a bed rail kit on it. His Ram 1500 was sitting there and it did look nice (he had his diamond-plate toolbox Line-Xed too)
My bed is rough from being used a lot and the top rails have holes drilled for a cap of some sort He says the Line-X will cover all that........for a mere $475 and a few hours time.
I can buy and install a tonneau for half that, might even cover the holes.......but still have the the rough bed and holes........soooooo......got to think about it.

Anyway......not trying to hijack here.........:-D.....BTW.....toolbox Line-Xed was $125.

FTE Trigger 06-18-2007 01:25 PM

:-hijacked

gee whiz... Line-X and Rhino want over a grand for my LB box... not including the add-ons I may want... (such as the toolious box)

I think the T-cover also lists for right over a grand as well...

nutfarmii 06-18-2007 01:54 PM

92F150Flare, I have had my bed Line-X'd from day one (back in 2001 it was only 450$$), it has only one chip on the tailgate but the nearest dealer to me is in Anderson, as for the velcro holding out, did a test ride today on I-85 at lunch 85mph no problem. no flapping or coming loose, will wait in see in a year after the Carolina heat this summer (going to see nephews and nieces before they get to big) and a Canadian winter this Christmas.

92F150Flare 06-18-2007 06:15 PM

Geeez Rich.......you better call John at LineX here in Charleston....His prices are on a sign when you walk in......$450 for SB....$50 extra for over the rail.....he said he'd do mine for $25. I didn't pay any attention to a LB but I'm going back over there in a day or two......he also carries a product called Adams VRT(Vinyl-Rubber-Tire)......sposed to be really good on the black plastic trim.....bumpers...steps...."etc". I use Mothers Back-to-Black but it only lasts a few days. Adams is sposed to last weeks.

His # is 843-760-9551, name is John A. Swiney, Owner......if you want to get a price.....I'm thinking it was like $500 for a LB....he said he needs 2 hours and he has 2 trucks there that he lets customers drive while theirs are being done....might be worth a trip for you.

nutfarmii: Thanks for the vote to get the LineX.......I will probly do that......it'll solve a lot of problems and if I want.....I can add a tonneau like you did later on.