Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum177/)
-   -   "You find out who your friends are" (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/620275-you-find-out-who-your-friends-are.html)

Peter94 06-07-2007 12:39 AM

"You find out who your friends are"

Everyone should hear this country song. Whether you like country music or not, it has a good message in the song. Today i was listening to it thinking how true it really is.

Money will only get you so far in this world, and people usually will only like you because of the money, not because of you.

It mainly came in my head when I was putting in a new alternator for my friend. He wanted to know how much I wanted for doing it and I just gave him the price of the part. He wanted to pay me money for doing it (and actually wound up doing so against my will). I just told him though that one day I'm sure I would need something from him.

Also my GF's dad is good about this. He's not the person who's uptight about money, and he doesnt flaunt it around, he's always there to help, so many people owe him favors, and he's gone out of his way to help so many people. He owns his own business and he couldn't stop it from growning if he wanted to because of the refferals he gets. If I go to his house, he'll ask me what I want to drink, will open it up for me and bring it to me. Just the kind of guy he is.

So for all those who have listened to this long rant about money and kindness, next time you have to decide between the two, remember, one dollar is worth one dollar, but a few acts of kindness could be worth a million. If you treat people with kindness, you'll always find out who your real friends are.

Have a good one,
Peter

Beast12 06-07-2007 05:03 AM

Good post Peter. I agree. :)

-Matt :-tap

zpmps2 06-07-2007 09:21 AM

I love that song, it took over Hillbilly Deluxe and got to #1 on my list.

ATC Crazy 06-07-2007 11:18 AM

Yup, that is one of my favorite songs of all time. Whenever I hear it, a couple friends of mine always pop into my thoughts.

bigun72 06-07-2007 03:27 PM

yea it a real good song , i always thank of my buddys when i hear it to .... good post

Ferguson65 06-08-2007 08:18 PM

I agree, very good song with a great point. It's the little things that mean the most sometimes.

I6power 06-11-2007 04:22 PM

I stopped reading this thread due to the first sentence.

cdrmotorsports 06-15-2007 05:00 PM

I heard this for the first time today. It's a great song.

thorseshoeing 06-16-2007 06:45 AM

I despise these lame country songs (or any other genre, country just seems to do it the most) with a "message". They just make me sick to my stomach...I've never heard this song, but by the way you described it I think I would make it about 10 seconds into it before I was sucking the end of a gun.

Tim:-wink

Franken-Truck 06-16-2007 09:26 AM

I bet they have a country song about open honesty as well thorse :-X07

Peter94 06-16-2007 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by thorseshoeing
I've never heard this song, but by the way you described it I think I would make it about 10 seconds into it before I was sucking the end of a gun.

Tim:-wink

If thats the case then you might want to seek some professional help. I'm not saying you have to like the song, but that reaction might be a little harsh :-X0A6

jake00 06-16-2007 08:22 PM

Its a great feeling to have a bigass project to do, Call in a few favors, 20 people show up and ya'll git r dun

cdrmotorsports 06-16-2007 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by jake00
Its a great feeling to have a bigass project to do, Call in a few favors, 20 people show up and ya'll git r dun

That is one of the best feelings.

crehberg 06-17-2007 02:13 PM

Love that song. Got the CD, too.

EricW. 06-23-2007 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by thorseshoeing
...I've never heard this song, but by the way you described it I think I would make it about 10 seconds into it before I was sucking the end of a gun.

Tim

Well then, I'll have to send this album to you, it would make things SO much better. IMO of course.