Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alaska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum152/)
-   -   Slacker of a Leader (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/619907-slacker-of-a-leader.html)

mlb4966 06-05-2007 09:38 PM

Slacker of a Leader

Ok so I deserve the above. I have been stopping in here and there and I do notice the post about me not being that active. Sorry. I have tried in the past to give the Chapter Leader position up but I have not had any takers over the past few years. I have tried to host various get togethers in the state but I am usually the only one showing up. I have also given reasons for not being that active, main one is the 400+ hours I work at my two jobs. It leaves little time for my family. WilliesSD250 can attest to the hours. To make it even worse the next 5 weeks I will be working my butt off to meet a deadline. After that I will be driving to California for vacation. I might actually have time then to get caught up on things once I am down south.

SO I will throw it out again. IF anyone is interested in taking over as Alaska Chapter Leader let me know. For now I will be out of the loop for the most part for the next 7 weeks. Once in Cal I'll get back into it.

WilliesSD250 06-06-2007 12:46 AM

Give the guy a break............

I for one can attest to the fact that Mike does work alot. I've been right there helping him out at his second job over the entire winter. I even was fortunate enough to be able to assist him, the city of Valdez, the USCG and other organizations during the flood in October.

I too have seen the mosts questioning our leader. Mike has on several occasions offered the chapter leader position to anyone willing to accept it. But alas, there have been no takers, just alot of talkers........... so I say if you aren't happy with the leadership then .....
1) step up to the plate and accept the role
2) join another chapter
3) shush up and have some respect for a great guy who is busting his butt to support his family and desires what free time he does have, to be able to spend it with them.
There I said my peace........if you wish to attack me for my opinion then go right ahead.............but, untill you see what Mike does first hand, then I suggest that you are a little kinder in your words................

mlb4966 06-06-2007 01:11 AM

Nope I understand the fustration on the part of other members wanting an active chapter leader. I wish I had the time to give but right now I just dont have the time. Maybe when I get to Cal for vacation I will and afterwards but not until then.

I will keep being the chapter leader so this chapter will stay afloat. If no one takes it I will have to wait and see what happens (free time) in a few months. Maybe that will free up some and I can devot a few hours a week.

The other issue I had was with FTE. I did request the right to edit and manage certain things within the chapter but it was never followed up so I gave up beating my head on that wall.

Placermike 06-10-2007 11:33 PM

It takes alot of time being very active as a leader...I know...If someone else wants to take the reins, let them, but don't get down on yourself for doing what you can:-X22

Mike

arctic y block 06-12-2007 08:20 AM

OK Mike in Alaska and Mike in Washington. PM me with what all will be involved in taking over the Mantle. And Help me out when ya can and I will reconsider. I am just afraid that I won't be able to give the Alaska Chapter what it needs. And there will be times that I will be out on medical, And gone fishing. But I still seem to find a couple hours a day to post. Know that if they release me to go back to work it will be a 3 AM to 7 PM thing and that will give me no time hear but one day a week. And that a maybe. But for right now I can't do much else.

greythorn3 06-16-2007 08:07 AM

opinion

I think your doing a bang up job.. dont see anything wrong with it.

Ray

arctic y block 06-16-2007 10:00 AM

As for now Mike is still the Chapter Leader. Until he says other wise. But we need help. Like who are the regional leaders from the past? And are they still active members? If Mike does step down I would like to see a vote for a new leader as just handing over the Mantel don't sit rite with me. graythorn3 thanks for your input here and in the other threads. Please will other members step up and make yourselves known. Maybe we need to have a new Chapter roll call. What do ya all think? I checked out the existing one and there is a lot of members there. But how many are active now?

Arctic

mlb4966 06-16-2007 03:04 PM

Sorry I have not responed to this. Let me look at my schedule and lets try a Chat Room Meeting here on FTE. I will post a few dates and go from there.

arctic y block 06-16-2007 03:59 PM

Sounds good Mike. I still need ta figure out how to get into the chat room. Ray gave me some poiters on needing java. But when I had it (before the last format) I still couln't get in. Am useing IE6 because IE7 just caused me to crash all the time. So I'm not sure what all I missing. I'll work on it and see if I can get it to work. Where do I get the java and anyting else I need?

mlb4966 06-16-2007 04:25 PM

Well I just tried it at my work computer and it does not work. I'll have to give my home computer a try and go from there.

arctic y block 06-16-2007 08:18 PM

Ok, I haven't had a chance to mess with it yet, Maybe in the AM.

WilliesSD250 06-16-2007 11:35 PM

Please read

I was and guess I'm still the representative for the Mat-Su area. I was planning on leaving the state last fall, but I landed a really nice job and plan on sticking around for a while. I surrendered my position, but seeing how no one stepped up to take my role, I'll just keep it.

I work a 2/2 schedule so I'm limited to the amount of time I can devote to the chapter. I have seen what it takes to be a Chapter Leader and don't have the time to put into that role. I will function as a regional leader.
Also, I think in part, speaking with Mike is that we as a chapter should make an effort to attend meetings when their scheduled. I've been to a few meetings where only 2 or 3 people showed up and have had many where it was just me and Mike there. Needless to say as quick as the meeting was called to order it was dismissed. Participation is going to be very important.
Mike had come up with a layout of the regional leaders. If I remember correctly he had broke it down into the following:
Anchorage
Mat-Su
Kenai Pennisula
South Central
Valdez/Copper Center/Glennallen
Fairbanks/Tok/Delta Junction
MIKE, repost the regions please.
Now, if anyone would like to assume the role as a regional leader or a regional leader assistant just chime right in and let Mike or myself know what it is your willing to do.
Here just recently I helped one of our chapter members smithtw install a banks 6 gun with pda inhis rig and also install a set of Firestone airbags inpreparation for him and his family moving Outside. I also did the high idle mod for Mike....drove to Valdez just to do it. Why, because it'd just a way to get together and meet other members and BS.
It's things like this that we as a chapter can do. Those of us that are wrench smart could help out those that aren't able too. We could also get together for fishing excursions, campouts, ect. Heck, I just bought a 18' river sled. Looking forward to going fishing, but don't know any of the rivers well enough to fish them alone, but would gladly take someone along who does (provided we split the fuel cost) Also, the boat would work great on PWS or just out of Homer, Seward, Deep Creek or Anchor Point on nice calm days. Where are the honey holes?? I'll gladly take anyone out who want's to go....I've got the boat, fishing gear, ect. just need the "map" Also lake fishing and the good spots to go (any of the lakes aroung the KP, Mat-Su, ect.
So lets all get together and start talking and getting this chapter rolling.
I'm also open to input from others and their ideas, suggestions, comments, ect.
Thanks,
Chris S.
Mat-Su regional leader

mlb4966 06-17-2007 12:29 AM

Nope those regions look good to me.

arctic y block 06-17-2007 08:21 AM

Ah! Good Chris. How many members in southeast: Skagway to Ketchikan and Prince of Whales? There are three or fore car and truck shows in Ketchikan every summer. Could set up a both, hand out spotercards and awnser questions.

mlb4966 06-17-2007 10:37 AM

I think for the most part you have been the only real active SE member. I will get that roster to you to see.