Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ford vs The Competition (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum17/)
-   -   Toyota's REGRET (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/618443-toyotas-regret.html)

V10_Cougar 06-01-2007 05:00 PM

Toyota's REGRET

CHECK IT OUT:

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/31/t...t/#commentform

jimandmandy 06-04-2007 09:17 AM

Do you think Ford would do that, or try to weasel out of the problem?

Jim

ggarrahan 06-04-2007 09:55 AM

Jim- Can you say broken spark plugs on the 5.4 3V. I think you have the answer.

SMIGGS 06-04-2007 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by ggarrahan
Jim- Can you say broken spark plugs on the 5.4 3V. I think you have the answer.

Or self-ejecting spark plugs on the 2V 5.4 & 4.6's.......

slipnotic 06-05-2007 06:02 AM

Im not surprised it happened to Toyota. The only thing they have been concered about lately is becoming number one, and doing anything in order to make that happen. Never really got what was so great about Toyota anyways.

freirefishing 06-05-2007 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by slipnotic
Im not surprised it happened to Toyota. The only thing they have been concered about lately is becoming number one, and doing anything in order to make that happen. Never really got what was so great about Toyota anyways.

whats so great about what you drive?? ever owned a toyota?

Vmax2007 06-05-2007 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by freirefishing

Well, first of all, what I drive is AMERICAN, not just "Built in America" and it employs more Americans and supports OUR economy more than Toyoyo.

Plus, Toyoyos are Fugly!!!

freirefishing 06-05-2007 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Vmax2007
Well, first of all, what I drive is AMERICAN, not just "Built in America" and it employs more Americans and supports OUR economy more than Toyoyo.

Plus, Toyoyos are Fugly!!!

fugly in your opinion, and yeah you may drive american, but it probably aint built here. like my 06 ranger, engine and tranny built off this continent. oh yeah i forgot how many ford plants have closed and jobs lost due to engine and trannys being built elsewhere. i dont know what else wast built here but i do know that the engine and tranny werent.

and toyo does employ americans they just dont have the plant capacity like others YET. so red white and blue that all the way to the bank

Vmax2007 06-05-2007 10:45 AM

fugly in your opinion, and yeah you may drive american, but it probably aint built here. like my 06 ranger, engine and tranny built off this continent. oh yeah i forgot how many ford plants have closed and jobs lost due to engine and trannys being built elsewhere. i dont know what else wast built here but i do know that the engine and tranny werent.

and toyo does employ americans they just dont have the plant capacity like others YET. so red white and blue that all the way to the bank

Ok, putting National Origin aside (I am tired of this stale debate).

The Tundra is still a wannabe with a powerful engine and a shift-happy 6 spd tranny. Reliability remains to be seen, but so far...not so good.

Crappy frame, crappy interior, poor ergonomics, poor fit-n-finish (HUGE panel gaps due to crappy frame) and overpriced, but hey, it's built in America!!!

Oh, I almost forgot, poorest crash test ratings...4 stars vs 5 stars for ALL of the domestics. Nice job Toyoyo, maybe next time?

NumberDummy 06-05-2007 10:57 AM

Welcome to FTE

For the record: The 2007 Toyota Tundra received 4 stars in NHTSB test, and 5 stars in IIHS test. The IIHS test is conducted at higher speeds.

IMO, the ergonomics stink. Tundra is the only full sized truck sold without the availability of power adjustable pedals, and the power seat doesn't raise up high enough. It uses less seat padding than any other full sized truck. So...long trips will cause a PITA!

:-X25

freirefishing 06-05-2007 11:35 AM

Oh, I almost forgot, poorest crash test ratings...4 stars vs 5 stars for ALL of the domestics. Nice job Toyoyo, maybe next time?

GLOBALLY NUMBER 1, AND WHEN THERE IS A NEXT TIME, IT'LL BE EVEN BETTER.

Vmax2007 06-05-2007 11:39 AM

GLOBALLY NUMBER 1, AND WHEN THERE IS A NEXT TIME, IT'LL BE EVEN BETTER.

Sorry, should have clarified...Truck segment!!!

slipnotic 06-05-2007 04:20 PM

Not a thing, its a 92 Ranger custom beater that gets me back an fourth from college and work. For a truck that was abused all its life its doing a great job.
I have driven a 92 Toyota Camry XLE that was very well taken care of by an older couple. Its been a decent car, but on average something goes wrong with it alot more then my Ranger. Plus I can't stand, not sure if its like this on a lot of Toyotas, but the throttle is very laggy. Once you step on the accelerator really hard its like the car takes its sweet ol time to react.

SMIGGS 06-05-2007 04:26 PM

Ok, putting National Origin aside (I am tired of this stale debate).

The Tundra is still a wannabe with a powerful engine and a shift-happy 6 spd tranny. Reliability remains to be seen, but so far...not so good.

Crappy frame, crappy interior, poor ergonomics, poor fit-n-finish (HUGE panel gaps due to crappy frame) and overpriced, but hey, it's built in America!!!

Crappy frame?

According to who?

Crappy interior, poor ergonomics, poor fit-n-finish

According to who?

Overpriced

So paying over 30 grand for any truck is cheap to you?

As for realibility, if you have some information on this you care to pass on please do so......

Sounds like just an opinion no facts to back these statements up.

Now what were you saying about a "stale debate"?

slipnotic 06-05-2007 04:30 PM

Should have said crappy Camshafts , then you would have a fact!