Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Delaware Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum191/)
-   -   June 30th - NJ Meet and Greet (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/612860-june-30th-nj-meet-and-greet.html)

frederic 05-15-2007 07:08 AM

June 30th - NJ Meet and Greet

Ford Truck Enthusiasts - NJ Chapter - Summer Party
Saturday, June 30nd 2007 - 2:00PM until whenever!

You are cordially invited to attend the FTE NJ Chapter's Summer Party, which will be hosted in Colonia, NJ, 07067 (Right off the Garden State Parkway).

All the typical grilling will occur, and there will be beer, wine, soda and iced tea as well. The inground pool will be open and if necessary, heated so children and adults alike are welcomed to go for a dip. We have a seperate, fenced in area for smaller children so they do not have unsupervised access to the pool for safety reasons.

We ask for a $5 donation to help lower the cost of food and drink, per person.

Also, there's enough lawn to set up Bacci, Croquet, Volleyball, Badmitten, and a variety of other activities to keep the children amused while we relax, sun, chat and swim.

Please RSVP on this webform (directions included):
http://frederic.midimonkey.com/rsvp/index.php

glruff 05-15-2007 05:35 PM

frederic, this looks like alot of work for you.

Count me in!

OK DE members who wants to truck pool?

I can get 6 in my truck, 5 comfortably and a mess in the back. Remeber, I got a top. lol

Seriously, I am willing to drive just let me know if you want to share a ride.

Phil, where do you want me to pick you up?

glruff 06-11-2007 04:02 PM

Who needs a ride?

frederic 06-11-2007 06:45 PM

The party itself is not a lot of work; actually it's fun.

What is a lot of work is all the pre-party clean up. Like cutting up the now two huge branches that fell off the maple, landing on the patio (and squashing more patio furniture) and the picnic table. Guess I'm making a picnic table tomorrow :)

And of course the driveway is "unacceptable" so across this week I'll be digging holes in the large pile of junk in the garage and shoving the engines, transmissions, and pile of other automotive junk into those holes :)

Stuff like that ;-)

glruff 06-11-2007 06:50 PM

Dang it sounded like you were going to build a mud bog for the meet. We could wash the trucks off at the nearby golf course looks like on the map.

350steve 06-11-2007 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by glruff
Who needs a ride?

ME!! :-wink

glruff 06-11-2007 07:15 PM

Where can you meet me?

350steve 06-11-2007 07:25 PM

no........I'll drive..To far out of your way.ocean co jersey shore.to pick me up.
but since you asked.

dawgs150 06-11-2007 09:49 PM

i have other plans, if they fall thru i will try to make this event

glruff 06-12-2007 06:16 PM

Frederic, what are you to the guy who travels the most miles?

frederic 06-12-2007 06:37 PM

Dang it sounded like you were going to build a mud bog for the meet. We could wash the trucks off at the nearby golf course looks like on the map.

Oh, that place. They wouldn't have me as a member. I drive an old, high mileage crewcab rather than a spiffy Lexus or Benz.

Frederic, what are you to the guy who travels the most miles?

What am I? Um.... far?

glruff 06-12-2007 06:45 PM

^^^^^Uh YES. Just make it $6.00/person and give me the extra for DF. lol

Only 3.5 hours to meet with friends.

frederic 06-12-2007 06:59 PM

We drove that to meet you, and we ate restaurant food. You're getting home cookin' here! And pool time!

glruff 06-12-2007 07:05 PM

Yes but it was free. lol

I guess I need to add and hour to the time if it took you 3.5 to get to Dover. I am 45 miles south of Dover. Glad you mentioned this. Don't want to be late. hehehe

frederic 06-12-2007 07:40 PM

Yes but it was free. lol

I guess I need to add and hour to the time if it took you 3.5 to get to Dover. I am 45 miles south of Dover. Glad you mentioned this. Don't want to be late. hehehe

I think it took us a hair less than 3 hrs, and that included some time at the side of the road dealing with the "you passed the change machine already" toll booth sign.