Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   North Carolina Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum88/)
-   -   Public Records? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/610735-public-records.html)

704core 05-08-2007 09:44 AM

Public Records?

Hey everyone, I was wondering if any of ya'll might know if it would be possible for me to find public records or something along those lines that would show what old Ford trucks my Grandfather owned. He has been deceased for 11 years now and I would love to try and find one of his old trucks to restore and save for my son. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks -Shane-

blackie96 05-08-2007 01:03 PM

One thing you could try, if you haven't already, is see who was/is now, in control of his estate. My grandfather passed away last April, and when my mom received his estate, she got all the titles to his vehicles. Other than that, I'm not really sure. I don't know if the DMV can release that kind of information, but it's worth a shot.

SuperSnake 05-08-2007 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by blackie96
One thing you could try, if you haven't already, is see who was/is now, in control of his estate. My grandfather passed away last April, and when my mom received his estate, she got all the titles to his vehicles. Other than that, I'm not really sure. I don't know if the DMV can release that kind of information, but it's worth a shot.

They can but you have to go to Raleigh and pay a fee

ncfirefighter46 05-08-2007 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Old Tired Rebel
They can but you have to go to Raleigh and pay a fee

yeah cliff knows all about fees, :-X24god knows how many fees he pays to keep mary from killing him:-spam

704core 05-08-2007 05:23 PM

thanks yall. My grandmother is still in control of his estate but Im looking for the vehicles he uesd to own and sold years ago, before i was even born. Hey OTR do you think i have to actually go to Raliegh or do you think I could just Email them?
Again thanks for ya'lls help!

SuperSnake 05-08-2007 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by 704core
thanks yall. My grandmother is still in control of his estate but Im looking for the vehicles he uesd to own and sold years ago, before i was even born. Hey OTR do you think i have to actually go to Raliegh or do you think I could just Email them?
Again thanks for ya'lls help!

Might be easier for you to go that way you can do the research and make sure the information is right. You can try email but I'm sure you will have to fill out a few forms.

SuperSnake 05-08-2007 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by ncfirefighter46
yeah cliff knows all about fees, :-X24god knows how many fees he pays to keep mary from killing him:-spam

Not as much as you do when Fran comes after you. :-X07 :-missingt

blackie96 05-08-2007 05:57 PM

Not as much as you do when Fran comes after you. :-X07 :-missingt

I'm glad I don't have to worry about that.....we live 2 hours away from each other....all I have to do is go home! :D

SuperSnake 05-08-2007 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by blackie96
I'm glad I don't have to worry about that.....we live 2 hours away from each other....all I have to do is go home! :D

My wife does let me get into trouble. :-missingt

ncfirefighter46 05-08-2007 06:59 PM

My wife does let me get into trouble. :-missingt

yea right, then when you are done she grounds you:-X24

SuperSnake 05-08-2007 07:00 PM

yea right, then when you are done she grounds you:-X24

Yeah but your wife buries you.:-missingt

ncfirefighter46 05-08-2007 07:02 PM

Yeah but your wife buries you.:-missingt

well at least then i dont have to look up at you

SuperSnake 05-08-2007 07:03 PM

well at least then i dont have to look up at you

You sure about that??? She said she wasn't going to bury you face down.:-missingt

jwcorder 05-15-2007 01:04 PM

Call your local private investigator. Give him the name and he can search the DMV for records of vehicles registered to your relative. Once he has that information, you can then search on those VINs and see if they are still registered and who owns them. Then you can track those people down and have them call the law for stalking...lol...just messing around. But prepare to pay if you go the PI. It will be MUCH faster though and save you tons of paperwork.

I used to do IT work for a firm in Winston and we did this stuff all the time for people.