Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New York Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum87/)
-   -   What is evreyone up to.. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/609168-what-is-evreyone-up-to.html)

tiny1 05-03-2007 03:32 PM

What is evreyone up to..

Okay gang, seeing that spring has finally blessed us with its presence here in our neck of the woods, what has everyone been up lately ????

I have been busy with personal and fire department obligations and trying to get things finished up with my interior repair work from the water damage that I had this spring. Hopefully that will be finished by the end of the month.

GLR 05-03-2007 06:19 PM

Hi Tiny, I'm getting ready to head north in a few weeks. Have a couple of P/U beds on the trailer (a 94 and a 79 - both 8' with gates) Trying to figure out how to get my backhoe up also in one trip (600 miles). With the price of gas I can't afford two trips. Probably leave the 79 bed down here and bring the truck down to VA.

ken75ranger 05-05-2007 05:55 AM

I'm still getting mud off my rig from a big muddy hill climb at Sporty's Iron Horse Saloon in Minerva. Great time. Next year I'll try to remember to post it up here before the event. It's open to anyone.
http://www.projectcj3b.com/gallery/s.../sporty005.jpg
That's me on the far right.
A view from the top
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...7/HPIM7456.jpg
Some winch training tommorow with the new guys in the club. Maybe a little time in 4wd too. Plenty of day trips coming up.

rsylvstr 05-05-2007 11:03 AM

makes me want to run out and buy some mudders

Ronin007 05-06-2007 09:23 PM

Ken you suck!!! :mad: You know I am without a wheeling rig and posting pictures like that just make me want to make me cry. :'( The extent of my wheeling has been wheeling a wheelbarrow around the yard for mulch and dirt. :-X15 Oh well, I am glad you had fun at my expense. :-X07 You better post up your next events so if anyone who wants to attend they can. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Hey, is that one truck setup with Mattracks in the second picture?

soondg 05-06-2007 10:23 PM

Sitting in my chair in front of the stupid computer looking at some one else's pics of a great mud day :'(. Can anyone say envious. Oh well, I'll just count the Fords in the pictures. Good shots anyway:-X22

tiny1 05-07-2007 08:47 AM

Ken, that looks like it was a blast for everyone that attended. One of the local fire departments here has a spring and fall 'Bog and Grog' fundraiser. From what I hear, you are doing very well if you don't get stuck!!!

Ronin007 05-09-2007 07:50 PM

Tiny - do you have dates, times, and location on the Bog and Grogs that you are talking about? Possibly others would like to attend.

ken75ranger 05-10-2007 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Ronin007
Ken you suck!!! :mad: You know I am without a wheeling rig and posting pictures like that just make me want to make me cry. :'( The extent of my wheeling has been wheeling a wheelbarrow around the yard for mulch and dirt. :-X15 Oh well, I am glad you had fun at my expense. :-X07 You better post up your next events so if anyone who wants to attend they can. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Hey, is that one truck setup with Mattracks in the second picture?

If you lived a little closer I could probably have you out every other week with out a rig! Half the time my shotty seat is empty. Plus the guys I go with have empty seats all the time.
Yep that's a set of tracks you see. It got soupy enough by mid-day that even he got stuck. They had to send the dozer in to push him up the hill.

tiny1 05-10-2007 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ronin007
Tiny - do you have dates, times, and location on the Bog and Grogs that you are talking about? Possibly others would like to attend.

Oooopppps!!! Sorry about that Ronin.

The 'Bog and Grog' will be held on Sunday May 20 from noon until 5 p.m. at the Wallington Fire Department located at 7863 Ridge Road in the Town Of Sodus, NY (They are located just east of North Geneva Road and NYS Route 104)
Costs are as follows: Participants $6 per person and Spectators $6 per person and children under 12 are free. According to their ad in the local paper, they will be having 50/50 raffle, pull tabs, hamburgs, hot dogs, suasages, salt potaoes and beverages avaialble.

For more information: email wallfire@aol.com or call (315) 483-2185
:D

Ronin007 05-10-2007 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by ken75ranger
If you lived a little closer I could probably have you out every other week with out a rig! Half the time my shotty seat is empty. Plus the guys I go with have empty seats all the time.
Yep that's a set of tracks you see. It got soupy enough by mid-day that even he got stuck. They had to send the dozer in to push him up the hill.

Ken you know I would be all over that if I was closer to you. I love wheeling. Of course it is more enjoyable when you are doing the driving yourself!! :D Well I am trying to balance to cost of my current vehicle and house maintenance costs against purchasing a wheeling rig. I am hoping I can swing all of it this year, but if not I might have to put off my wheeling rig for next year. :-X15

Tiny thanks for posting up the info. I think I will make a separate post on it to see if others are interested in attending.

Jack_99V10 05-13-2007 09:25 AM

I'd be all over that. I buddy of mine blew his CV joint on the last trail ride... so I have to make sure the $$ is in the bank for repairs now :)