Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum168/)
-   -   running SVO need new injectors ? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/605749-running-svo-need-new-injectors.html)

Frank Stahl 04-23-2007 07:06 PM

running SVO need new injectors ?

I need new injectors in my truck 2000 7.3 Ford,
I run the Grease car system, using straight veggie oil.
Is there a special injector, or what do you guys suggest.
Thanks Frank

adambomb 04-24-2007 03:30 PM

most people running SVO, WVO, BIO whatever are using there stock injectors. i don't know whats the best, but they are using the stock ones because thats what they have. You could just replace with new stockers or reman ones, but i would look into some performance injectors because my philosophy always is if you are going to fix it might aswell get more power while your spending the time/money :-headbang .

bio-d 04-24-2007 03:54 PM

If you're getting your svo up to 176*, then its the same viscosity as diesel at minus 10*F. This is from a Frybird chart referenced in Ray Holan's "Sliding Home", an exellent svo guide. I was advised by Craig Reece of Plantdrive to have my injectors set at the upper end of their opening pressure due to this lower viscosity. I have an 87 6.9 turbo; not sure about your year/ engine.I've been wondering about the DPS stage I injectors. I'm mostly interested in MPG than Power, though, and haven't talked to them about it.
Mike

KansasDiesel 04-25-2007 07:41 AM

I have over 21,000 miles on WVO using the Vegistroke type system, I changed my injectors before the conversion just because I like performance. but stock injectors will work just fine. Why are your injectors trash? Make sure you are getting all the water out of your oil and filtering down to 2 microns and you shouldn't have any injector problems. I find it when people are not filtering and dewatering then they tend to have injector problems. Beans Diesel Performance have delt with people using WVO.

My Stage 1 injectors cost me less then to replace with new stock injectors. Check out Beans Diesel Performence.

Frank Stahl 04-27-2007 08:01 PM

I have 35000 miles running SVO, and 132000 miles on my truck.
I guess they just wear out after awhile?
Frank

kennedyford 04-28-2007 09:34 AM

You should not have that much wear on those injectors. I had over 400k on my injectors before I changed them out. They are laying on the garage floor with most of the injector holes coked up or plugged up with carbon goo. Ive run the wmo oil which was a big mistake and filtered not heated oil, second mistake. I think you ought to get a second opinion on the injectors. It could be any number of things giving you a misfire on the injectors. You might start with the bottom link on my sig from Chris G. He has a product that has given my truck longer life and may free up any buildup in your oil or injection system.

kennedyford 04-28-2007 09:34 AM

Frank, its lubrication specialties.