Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   British Columbia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum165/)
-   -   Good place to buy tires or rims (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/604713-good-place-to-buy-tires-or-rims.html)

preppypyro 04-20-2007 01:12 PM

Good place to buy tires or rims

The title says it all, wheres a decent place in the lower mainland to buy rims, and tires?

FirstTry 04-21-2007 12:25 AM

KAL TIRE all the way...........i know of one bad Kal Tire, and thats in enderby, so we don't talk about it. my vote is Kal Tire

preppypyro 04-21-2007 12:24 PM

Kal tire was decently priced for rims for sure. Tires they offer quite the interesting deal, but Im not sure if i want something other then goodyear!

Zip 04-21-2007 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by FirstTry
KAL TIRE all the way...........i know of one bad Kal Tire, and thats in enderby, so we don't talk about it. my vote is Kal Tire

I dealt with only Kal Tire only when I was in Hinton Alberta. I could not say any thing bad about the place. I am now in Princeton and wow, all I can say is I wont be going back to this one ever again ever again. I'll run on rims first.

FirstTry 04-21-2007 08:03 PM

I would say its almost worht calling the Salmon Arm or possibly Vernon branch, but especially Salmon Arm as i think they are one of the highest rated, i know my entire family gets their tires done there, even my uncle in Chilliwack has bought tires here, they get an A+++++++++

preppypyro 04-22-2007 10:17 AM

Good to know. I went there checking out some rims and they have some decent ones. As for tires, I will tell you guys what I told them. Its gonna be really hard to get me to switch from goodyear!

Zip 04-22-2007 05:45 PM

I put on some Wild Country XTX from Kal Tire. Not a really aggressive tread. I wanted something more aggressive but was not willing to step up in price.

Racerguy 04-22-2007 10:40 PM

Also check out Fast Lane at your dealer, if they have that. Quite often our Fast Lane has better deals on tires than most of the tire shops around here.

preppypyro 04-22-2007 10:43 PM

Fast lane, ive never heard of it...?

On a different note, stick around here Racerguy :D We are trying to get this chapter flowing a little bit and could use all the extra help :D

Racerguy 04-22-2007 10:46 PM

Fast Lane is like a Jiffy Lube type of place that some Ford dealers have. I think there are a few in the lower mainland but the only one I can think of at the moment is at Ocean Park or whatever they call the dealer in White Rock.

And you guys seem to be doing ok without me "helping" ;)
One thing you might try doing is anytime you see a BCer in any of the forums you could invite him to check out the chapter.

preppypyro 04-23-2007 12:50 AM

Cool thanks for the info on the fast lane! And thanks for the advice, we will take all we can get :D