Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ford vs The Competition (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum17/)
-   -   Toyota getting educated, changing Tundra's model mix (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/603155-toyota-getting-educated-changing-tundras-model-mix.html)

Red Star 04-16-2007 09:34 AM

Toyota getting educated, changing Tundra's model mix

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/04/16/t...ras-model-mix/

93RangerXL4x2 04-17-2007 10:02 PM

yeah its not selling at good.

NumberDummy 04-18-2007 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by 93RangerXL4x2

Uh huh..the voice of experience speaks...The models that are "selling good" are the models they aren't making enough of. That's why they are changing production. If Toyota had done a better study, they would have known that Crew Cabs, regardless of who makes them, outsell Supercabs by as much as 5 to 1, depending on the make of the truck.

thorseshoeing 04-18-2007 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by autoblog.com
The CrewMax pickup, sporting the range-topping 5.7-liter V8, is Toyota's biggest seller, to the point where supply isn't keeping up with demand

Them not being able to keep up with demand is a sign of not selling that good???

Tim:-wink

osbornk 04-18-2007 10:20 AM

Toyota has a odd lineup of cab designs with the Tundra. Rather than a supercab and crew cab, they have a mixture that is called a double cab. It's sorta like a supercab with front hinged doors. The demand for the double cab and standard cab is not great but the demand for the Mega cab surpasses demand and was not initially available. Locally, there are a few standard cabs on dealer lots, a lot of double cabs and almost no Mega cabs. The Mega cabs are only available with the 5.5' bed while the others are available with either the 6.5' and 8' beds. I looked at a double cab last week with an 8' bed and it was one long truck.

93RangerXL4x2 04-18-2007 06:01 PM

I dont get this I was at a light today, and a new Tundra was beside me he says to me I have to much weight in my box, now I had a 7ft beam, and a metel bathtub, money to me, garbage on the jobsite. so I laughed and said yeah your rated for 2200 pounds dont go over your limit. light went gren and I was moveing lol i didint even have 450 pounds I was carryinf scraps of wood...etc Tundra owners are idiots.

Electro 04-18-2007 08:34 PM

Now thats Funny! ^

emmabiguns 04-18-2007 10:16 PM

I was in my 96 and some old guy was in a late 90's early 2000's tundra with the iforce and at the stop light he kept on revving his engine and chirping the tires well the light turned green and the big block six beat him through the intersection and the next one and the one after that till I got tired of playing that game and took the back way home.

SMIGGS 04-19-2007 08:55 AM

I dont get this I was at a light today, and a new Tundra was beside me he says to me I have to much weight in my box, now I had a 7ft beam, and a metel bathtub, money to me, garbage on the jobsite. so I laughed and said yeah your rated for 2200 pounds dont go over your limit. light went gren and I was moveing lol i didint even have 450 pounds I was carryinf scraps of wood...etc Tundra owners are idiots.

And this one time at band camp......... I'm going to let someone else wave the bs flag on this one because I'm not going to waste my time.

Calling Tundra owners idiots now? The irony. I'm thinking the heaviest thing you haul in your "beast" is that piece of iron between your ears.

jimandmandy 04-19-2007 12:12 PM

Osbornk,

Toyota seems to be following Dodge, rather than GM or Ford. Why, I dont know. Dodge has a "Quad Cab" instead of a more conventional extended cab. Dodge prices the most basic model at almost $23k. Toyota would sell more regular cabs if they had a Work Truck package like GM. I already see new-style 2007 Silverado's in business fleets. The old Tundra sold ok to fleets here in CA.

Jim

Daniel5.0 04-19-2007 01:19 PM

sorry, my account here was hijacked and an undesirable post was added here....I'm editing it out now and any moderator can delete this....

thanks

V8EXPLR 04-24-2007 01:23 PM

Sounds a lot like what Ford did with the new body Mustang. At first they had too many V6 models and not enough GT's. Even then the GT's had the Auto while most everyone wanted the Manual.

At least Toy has openned their eyes quickly and are making adjustments.

If only Ford would make some "Bold" moves more quickly. Just as long as it doesn't hinder the reliability of the vehicle though.

lariat97 04-25-2007 07:03 PM

I'm seeing lots of the new Tundras around Memphis. Most of them I've seen were extended cab short bed. I've driven one & I was very impressed. It drove great had plenty of power & the brakes are great. I would buy one if I was looking to buy a truck.

BLK94F150 04-25-2007 08:29 PM

Tundra owners are idiots.

Hello Mr. Pot, may I introduce you to Mr. Kettle.

At least one company actually listens to what thier customers want.

Mike

93RangerXL4x2 04-25-2007 09:51 PM

?? How doesint ford? they offfer over 1000 configurations. whos there customers? I am yet 2 see more than 3. I see 67% Fords, let me tell you a story, there was about 6 people standing infron of a white Tundra, I yelled out 400,000kms that things a pieces of crap, my truck is tough, all I gotta say, I have loaded it with a fork lift, lifted it with a forklift. my truck has 224,000kms 164,000 miles