Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Delaware Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum191/)
-   -   What's Your Favorite Summer Bbq Recipe? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/597258-whats-your-favorite-summer-bbq-recipe.html)

glruff 03-30-2007 08:45 PM

What's Your Favorite Summer BBQ Recipe?

You gourmet cooks of the hot coals and gas grills, share your favorite recipes for ribs, rubs, sauces or whatever your specialty may be.

I'm getting hungry for the first BBQ of the year.

dawgs150 03-30-2007 10:07 PM

nothing special really....chicken breast marinated in italian dressing...seared over high heat, then finished over charcoal with jack daniels wood chips...brushed with bbq sauce and let the smoke really give the chciken some flavor..
mix in some corn grilled and a big glass of iced tea and we are good to go

BigF350 03-31-2007 03:54 AM

Meat - cook

Serve.
:-D

Well, actually, I don't mind a shrimp or two on the barbie ;)
Get 2 pounds of shrimp, marinate in some oil, chilli, ginger and a lot of garlic. Throw on hot plate until pink.

SCRWDRVR 03-31-2007 07:43 AM

I knew the BBQ man would be the first to reply on this and Lew was right on it :-X22 I thought when I saw the title he would have started it.

I don't cook to much but I have a small fryer and can make some great fryed chicken. My best is my sides though I can make some slammin cole slaw and potato salad.

66fdtrucknut 03-31-2007 06:51 PM

I'd have to say a coupla porterhouses, baked potatos, salad and the sounds of cars going in a circle fast!
Charlie

savage2211 03-31-2007 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by dawgs150
nothing special really....chicken breast marinated in italian dressing...seared over high heat, then finished over charcoal with jack daniels wood chips...brushed with bbq sauce and let the smoke really give the chciken some flavor..
mix in some corn grilled and a big glass of iced tea and we are good to go

Thanks Lew.I will try that for sure......

6L PWR 03-31-2007 09:35 PM

3 cans Bush's Baked Beans
3 cans Bush's Large Butter Beans
3 cans Bush's Dark Red Kidney Beans
3# Ground Beef
1 Large Onion Chopped
1 1/2 Cup Ketchup
1 1/2 Cup BBQ (I like KC Masterpiece)
3/4 Cup Molasses (I like Grandmas)
4 Tbsp Yellow Mustard
2 Cups Brown Sugar
3 Pkgs Bacon Bits
Chili Powder
Ground Cumin
Double Ground Mustard
Garlic Powder
Ground Black Pepper

Brown Ground Beef with a sprinkle of 5 spices. Add onion and cook until tender and slightly translucent.

Drain Beans and put in large mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients and sprinkle of the 5 spices. (Roughly 3 Tbsp Chili Pwdr, 1 Tbsp Cumin, 1 tsp Mustard, 2 tsp Garlic, 3 tsp Black Pepper) Spicing is really up to you and your taste. Add beef and onion and stir well. Transfer to oven proof pot. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Did I mention I was a Chef ith my own restaurant? :D These beans our one of our most popular side items and will go with most anything. I love'em with a Filet of the BBQ. :)

glruff 03-31-2007 10:22 PM

Yum, now that's a dish that will be tried real soon.

BigBlueMacDaddy 03-31-2007 10:32 PM

That Chili Bean recipe has me drooling all over my blasted keyboard!...................