Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   What are your projects? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/597007-what-are-your-projects.html)

SuperSnake 03-30-2007 08:11 AM

What are your projects?

What are your projects yall are working on?

We have a few going on in our chapter so I was thinking we could share notes and suggestions.

I'm going to get started on a 81 F100 Explorer (pictures in my gallery)

ncfirefighter is working to restore a 73 F100 4X4

PrimerF150 is going to be working on a 51 F1

Artj66 also working 50 F1

Scwidvicious 1965 F100

Ford_Six 03-31-2007 12:07 AM

There's tons here, I have several truck and non-truck myself.
I have to finish my trailer so I can go pick up two parts trucks to assemble into one towing rig, then drive that while I paint my 70 Galaxie and return it to stock height. I also need to paint the house I'm renting, put a drain in in front of the garage, fix up my Subaru, put a new engine in my wife's Jeep, and get ready for a kid in July. Tons o' fun, and only one of those things is certain.

Rusty49 04-01-2007 05:54 PM

My 49' F-6 is the main project, but still adding power and look good goodies to the stroke

MARTYSTOWRIG 05-18-2007 09:43 AM

I have a 2004 Poineer TT by Fleetwood that has a completely rotton floor and needs a total teardown and rebuild. This time I will seal everything and use 3/4 osb instaed of 3/8 ply. I am going to use r19 in the floor instead of the stupid crap they use(r12 i think). Anyone want to help?
Ill buy beer!!!

Ford_Six 05-18-2007 08:59 PM

Three years old and rotted out already? I had heard Fleetwoods had water issues, but that's just ridiculous.

MARTYSTOWRIG 05-18-2007 09:46 PM

Your telling me! I love the trailer. I stepped inside it last week and almost went through the floor. I called fleetwood and they said sorry you seem to be 7 months past the warrantee. I told them that they replaced the door and all of the windows within the first year. They then said we only warrantee the repairs for 160 days. What a crock. I am hopeing to find that the leak is from the door and that the water got in from the original door and they did not make sure the water was out, before they sealed it up. Then I will force them to take care of it and if they will not I will sue their asses off for a faulty repair.

I am kind of torqued

MARTYSTOWRIG 05-18-2007 11:34 PM

Look at this if you get a chance

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t47/martystowrig/

lostmybeer 05-19-2007 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG
I told them that they replaced the door and all of the windows within the first year. They then said we only warrantee the repairs for 160 days. What a crock. I am hopeing to find that the leak is from the door and that the water got in from the original door and they did not make sure the water was out, before they sealed it up. Then I will force them to take care of it and if they will not I will sue their asses off for a faulty repair.

Ouch. That took some time to get over grown. Hopefully you have all your paperwork from your original purchase and all work order reciepts. Trust me it will help if you decide talk with an attorney. I would come help, but I'm trying to get my camper cleaned up and resealed. June is going to be an extremely busy month.

Placermike 05-19-2007 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG
Your telling me! I love the trailer. I stepped inside it last week and almost went through the floor. I called fleetwood and they said sorry you seem to be 7 months past the warrantee. I told them that they replaced the door and all of the windows within the first year. They then said we only warrantee the repairs for 160 days. What a crock. I am hopeing to find that the leak is from the door and that the water got in from the original door and they did not make sure the water was out, before they sealed it up. Then I will force them to take care of it and if they will not I will sue their asses off for a faulty repair.

I am kind of torqued

Legally, they are responsible if you can show that the issue is a continuation of a problem that was initially addressed during the warranty period and not properly rectified.

MARTYSTOWRIG 05-19-2007 11:01 PM

I feel the same way. I have to give them the oppertunity to rectify the situation first though. Then if they say it is not their fault(and they cannot prove it) I will get a lawyer and have it taken care of that way. I just know that it will probably cost as much as just paying for it to be done though.

redhawkssh44 05-20-2007 12:53 AM

I am working on my 72 F250. I will be putting a steering box in this weekend and rehanging a fender. I hope to have it fired up by monday.

e9tac 05-20-2007 01:33 AM

I just finished a couple of my front end projects; scrape, rustproof, and undercoat frame and shock tower; full polyurethane bushing install, radius arm, axle pivot, and sway bar; Eibach lowering springs; Tokico shocks.

Tomorrow I'll start on the new slotted/drilled rotors. Then on to the back of the truck for the same treatment as the front.

RexB 05-24-2007 09:29 AM

Working on the old truck...no mods i just want to get it running good again.

brentleedragon 05-24-2007 11:44 AM

i have my 79 f150 that is my daily driver on top of my restore project !

Placermike 05-24-2007 06:46 PM

Just got a new project from work...Dodge Ram350 Van. Talk about workers not caring about company vans! Got it running much better by putting in a fuel filter, cleaned the lubricationg tar out of the system, then made the mistake of flushing the cooling system....Once I cleaned out the rust sealant, I ended up putting in a new radiator!...LOL