Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Virginia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum147/)
-   -   Ready to flip 'er over! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/596078-ready-to-flip-er-over.html)

Franken-Truck 03-27-2007 07:44 PM

Ready to flip 'er over!

Well, I guess. . .it won't flip itself :-D All the floors are welded up as far as I want to weld them up. . .I just hope I can get some body work on it before yall get here so you can't see some of my chicken-crap welds :-lamesign It's pretty patch-work, lol.

Anyone up for this weekend if its nice? I think we could easily do it with 4 people. . .or next weekend or when ever yall want. . .

Can't offer $$$ but I think I could spot for some Pizza and drinks?

:-bigparty

P.S. I might be checking out a potential body donor and forgo the rest of this rust battle, yall can still come over and help dismantle it if you want wink-wink.

bob hare 03-28-2007 07:04 AM

Well...it's about time! I'm in, just need an address and time. Call me @ 469-7942, since I don't play on the computer in the evenings or weekends. I'm trying to finish up the air conditioning install so I can put the '34 back together & get it on the road.

Bob

to many oft 03-29-2007 11:55 AM

hey buddy how close are you to the greenbrair parkway?
have been haulin uniforms for aramark to the va beach area

1stoldtruck 03-29-2007 06:07 PM

I'm game

Strong back/weak mind at your disposal. Check your e-mail.

1stoldtruck
Chesapeake

Franken-Truck 03-29-2007 07:49 PM

Weak mind? You keep falling for those Old Jedi Mind Tricks, eh?

8D

Bob - it is about time lol. I started mucking with this cab, what. . .back in September?

Oft - Um, probably 20-30 minutes away depending how you go about getting here and the time of day :-X22 Thats also a helluva long hual man, what are you driving?

1st - Got your number buddy!

Everyone, when would be a good time for this and how much lead time do you need? The operation will probably take all of 6 minutes, I can give you a call an hour or two before hand for what ever time everyone could make it. . .Oh yeah, no mocking the cab, it's a decrepit jewel in the rough.

That being said, tommorrow after work I'm going to try and set up a meet with the owner of a potential body donor. I've put a lot of work into this cab so far, but if I can find a better repacement you bet your butt I'm going to jump on it :-down Mine is salvagable and i will work with what I got, but man is there still a ton of work to do on it. . .not to mention the rest of the body parts have more work then i want to dump into them. . .

Of course, I hate to think all I will have left of my original truck basically a frame :-missingt

Remember that lesson I mention every so often? I think I figured it out. . .

. . .don't by trucks that came from up north!

Just for craps and giggle, how does the DMV handle something like that? Or should I just either register the truck as the new body or swap VIN's. . .if I do indeed go this route?

to many oft 03-29-2007 08:17 PM

2005 freightliner with a 53' box trailer

as for the dmv, rebuilt title and you get a new sierial # 50$

Franken-Truck 03-29-2007 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by to many oft
2005 freightliner with a 53' box trailer

Word 8D

Originally Posted by to many oft
as for the dmv, rebuilt title and you get a new sierial # 50$

I'm guessing thats what your doing with your Monster? Do I get to pick the year? Same goes for GVWR, etc. . .And will I need to have them inspect it before they title it?

1stoldtruck 03-30-2007 05:32 AM

Best time?

I'm open all day Saturday.

Check the weather forecast, and speak up before the honey-do list rolls in.

Bring tools? Or just show up with leather gloves?

1stoldtruck

bob hare 03-30-2007 07:14 AM

I won't need much notice, but will need the address.

If you have a title for the original cab, use it with your new cab. It's a different story if you don't have a title. I'll be doing the "title thing" with my latest project I just bought. We'll speak off-line about titles if you don't have one.

Bob

Franken-Truck 03-30-2007 06:27 PM

No gloves necessary (unless you really want too). I have 3 pairs of leathers, and 1 of Mechinics gloves. . .no tools need either 8D

Trucks titled, I think the other one is too. Had to run to Norfolk after work, so I couldn't check it out.

Well, I have super news! I'll probably be at work all day tommorrow :-X16 Last minute project has to be out by Monday morning, and there is just way too much left to do on it. . .

There is a little silver lining though, the donor truck is like 5 minutes down the road from where I work, so at least I can check it out while I'm down there.

So, unless yall had your hearts set on tommorrow would yall be willing to give next saturday a whirl?

:-drink

vanwho 03-30-2007 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Franken-Truck

So, unless yall had your hearts set on tommorrow would yall be willing to give next saturday a whirl?

:-drink

Maybe I can get your way next Sat. if needed. Of course, I'll have to check with the " BOSS " first, provided I don't get conked in the head with her cast first! :-D

Franken-Truck 03-31-2007 04:27 PM

Uh-oh. . .The Boss :-D

I will holla atcha if need be, though I'd hate to see you drive all the way out here :-X22

The donor truck, eh. . .cab and doors aren't worth it. . .to bad though, it's straight as an arrow :-banghead

Got home around 4pm, oh happy days :-wink

1stoldtruck 04-05-2007 05:52 PM

Well...are you gonna try this weekend?

FrankenTruck.
One of your volunteers here.
Are you going to try again this Saturday?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Franken-Truck 04-05-2007 05:56 PM

Yep! I was just getting ready to ressurect this thread :-X22 Same plan as last week? Call yall around noon? A little after? A little before? :-down

1stoldtruck 04-05-2007 07:38 PM

Okay by me

I'll keep the p.m. open.
Like they say: lead the duck. It's a 45-minute haul from my house to the beach...Less if you're not on the waterfront.