Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Michigan Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum85/)
-   -   Stuff to do (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/595121-stuff-to-do.html)

Talyn 03-25-2007 02:14 PM

Stuff to do

We actually, as a group, need to come up with some things to do this summer for our chapter.

Car shows? cruises? Events?

John311t 03-25-2007 05:17 PM

I agree, there is something on TDS about how MI is pretty much dead now a days.

Talyn 03-26-2007 10:05 AM

There is a lot going on in michigan.
Very very big car shows.
But screw that. We can all show up in the trucks and act like we own the place. Who cares if they are rusty.
Its about showing up in force. =)

Talyn 03-26-2007 09:43 PM

Maybe we need to post what events we like to attend here in michigan.

John311t 03-26-2007 10:40 PM

I agree, when i went to woodward last year, some one started going jerry jerry jerry, though i was driving i didnt hear them, my buddies told me about it later, i would like to have gotten out of my truck and ask him where is hyundia or kia is parked.
I think a post about Mi events would be good.

Talyn 03-26-2007 11:00 PM

woodward is a pretty big event.

I was thinking something where we wouln't go crazy finding eachother. maybe do that further down the line though.

John311t 03-26-2007 11:06 PM

Woodward is crazy. Me and 2 of my diesel buddies went down there and it was hard for the three of us to stay together. I know there is a cruise downriver, i do not think it is nearly as big as woodward but thats not for a long time. I have gone to woodward other than the cruise, and no one like me there, its a bunch of ricers, on the weekend at night there is almost always people there. Maybe one day we should have a ford truck take down!

Talyn 03-27-2007 09:53 AM

There has to be some way we can all just dork up our trucks to make fun of all the ricers.
Coffee cans on the tail pipes. Fake badgeing. We can all have Type R trucks. hahahaha.

Check out www.riceboypage.com if its still up. funny sight.

Talyn 03-27-2007 10:09 AM

Chapter leader? hah! I dont need a tittle to plan events for a group!

Talyn 03-27-2007 10:44 AM

Alright, lets do it this way.

I think we need to figure out where the most convient events would be.

But events Like https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...graveyard.html (posted by ed 7746f150) Is a good place to start.
Bronco graveyard is in... durrand i think somebody said. That is pretty central for lower michigan.

I can always contact them and let them know that we are comming, since Bronco graveyard is an FTE sponsor. We'd have to have an aproximent number of who's comming though if it ended up mattering any.

With my current situation however, i can't guarintee i'd be there.

There are lots of Mud Bogs here in Michigan. Maybe that would also be a good get together also. There are a lot of really bad ass Fords at the ones I've been too.

If anyone is from flint area, every... sat or sunday I cant remember, they have truck day at the mounds recreational area. There is a big mud pit, but its pretty much only for big ole modifieds. Any of us who have mud trucks can go out there and have some fun. Even invite our chebby and dotch friends along to. It's about fun, not the brand of your truck. =)
I'll, uh ride in somebody elses truck. haha!
My 4x4 dont go in the mud. Stick shifts dont go to good in the water.

Talyn 03-27-2007 11:13 AM

http://www.broncoswapmeet.com/ (from Ed 77460f150) is down by grandrapids.

the pictures on the sight are quite nice. This is an FTE sponsor event also along with 4xfords.

Talyn 04-08-2007 08:57 PM

With the current condition of the current Michigan chapter, and I supposadly going to become chapter leader, I need to find out who are active members are, and who I can count on to show up for any events that we plan, so we have atleast a small member count working to get more activity in Michigan.

Forunatly, one man (me) cannot do this all alone, so I'm giong to need the rest of you to help and atleast make us look like we are trying to get somewhere, to encourage other Michigan FTE members to stick around.

If we do attend any events like we have posted above here, lets make sure to get some pictures and such to show the other members what they are missing out on.

So, who is actively attending the forum, and wants to do stuff?

I would like to be able to talk to you on messenger or what not, so PM me so we can get in contact. =)

If they wont let us have a michigan chapter leader, we can still do stuff as a group together, just wont be FTE supported, or FTE sponsor funded if we try and get sponsors.

Jimjdb1 04-09-2007 04:59 PM

William,

If you are to be Chapter Leader please let me know, I will do what ever I can to help. Please read my post n the JIMJDB1 is stepping down forum. If I can help, please let me know.

Jim

ford_racing_4_life 04-13-2007 06:30 PM

Saturday April 14th, Hudsonville, MI. 10th annual Ford Bronco and pickup spring swapmeet. Address is 5200 40th Ave, Hudsonville MI 49426.

May 5th. Brighton, MI. BRONCORAMA TRUCK SHOW!!!!! at jeff's bronco graveyard. address is 7834 Lochin Dr. Brighton, MI 48116.

I am going to broncorama and probably going to the one tommorow too. PM me or reply to this if you are going and want to meet up down there.

-Joe

Talyn 04-13-2007 10:25 PM

YOu coulda gave us a little more notice. haha.
I would have went tommarow!