Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   Food for the G2G (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/594736-food-for-the-g2g.html)

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-24-2007 12:11 PM

Food for the G2G

Do we want to have pot luck's for the G2G? How do we want to work it? I am a fan of pot lucks but if you all want to fend for ourselves than thats fine too. Just a thought. :cool:

JR182PILOT 03-24-2007 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG
Do we want to have pot luck's for the G2G? How do we want to work it? I am a fan of pot lucks but if you all want to fend for ourselves than thats fine too. Just a thought. :cool:

I like the pot luck idea!!! Maybe on one of the 2 days, or both works for me.

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-24-2007 01:10 PM

Yeah, I love them. I am always a good breakfast guy. I get up make coffee, start the pancakes sausage and eggs. OH YEAH!!! MMMM MMMM Good

Placermike 03-24-2007 08:24 PM

Potluck

I just got through speaking with the state parks reservations. The intent is to have a group site for the weekend. We can check in at 1430 on Sat and checkout at 1300 on Sun.

Based on this, a potluck for Sat dinner, and a breakfast on Sun would be a great idea.

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-24-2007 08:48 PM

I will probablly go up on Friday. I will get whatever site i can and then just move on Sat. BTW.. They are ok with Trailers arent they?

arctic y block 03-24-2007 08:56 PM

I will probablly go up on Friday. I will get whatever site i can and then just move on Sat. BTW.. They are ok with Trailers arent they?

I live in a trailer. I camp in a tent or less. HAAA

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-24-2007 09:38 PM

Well I can Camp in a tent.I have 5 for goodness sakes. I also have 3 White gas lantern's. White gas 2 burner stove and self inflating bedroll. I used to camp everyweekend form 17 till 20. Anyways I CAN tent camp but with the little one and 2 dogs I PREFER to trailer camp. Besides that it gives me a Freezer for after dark treats.

arctic y block 03-24-2007 10:11 PM

Yes at my age I would bring the Motor Home and put the two youngins and the dog in the tent. Sounds like there will be more dogs than people.

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-24-2007 10:14 PM

Dogs.
They are better than humans and don't F everything up all the time.
They can also like themselves.
God I wish I was a dog.

Placermike 03-24-2007 11:00 PM

My understanding of the group site is that a trailer or dog would not matter. We will be renting a part of the park for us.

I am sure that they would not want dog packs running free, and we would not have the same rules as the single campsites.

We just keep it cool, and have fun.

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-24-2007 11:07 PM

Sweet,
I believe that Owners are responsible for their dogs. I do let mine run free when we are alone but they listen very well for fear of death. I will keep mine on a leash but I think you will find it isn't an issue.
We need to figure out cooking options too. I can bring a Propane grill but it is not the traditional kind that has a lid. It is for cooking steaks and chops.
Lets Just come up with a list of what we need and then we can divy it up.
I am Game.

JR182PILOT 03-24-2007 11:18 PM

Sweet,
I believe that Owners are responsible for their dogs. I do let mine run free when we are alone but they listen very well for fear of death. I will keep mine on a leash but I think you will find it isn't an issue.
We need to figure out cooking options too. I can bring a Propane grill but it is not the traditional kind that has a lid. It is for cooking steaks and chops.
Lets Just come up with a list of what we need and then we can divy it up.I am Game.

Think we'll come up sometime Fri as well...Well I'll be driving the motorhome, so will have refer/range/oven/gen. I may bring the smaller 3500 watt gen unit as well, sound is only 68db.

What to bring for food for the pot luck is now a question. Are we talking 2 meals? or more?

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-24-2007 11:23 PM

Your gen must be a Dewalt or a Honda, HUH?
I think that we should go with Mikes suggestion as dinner Sat and Breakfast Sun.
Dinner , I think we should hit the costco and do steaks as the meat. For Breakfast... I am thinking Pancakes, Sausage and bacon.
But I guess it all comes down to what the mass of people want. And since noone has really sounded off it may be up to the four or five :-drink of us.

JR182PILOT 03-24-2007 11:37 PM

Your gen must be a Dewalt or a Honda, HUH?I think that we should go with Mikes suggestion as dinner Sat and Breakfast Sun. Dinner , I think we should hit the costco and do steaks as the meat. For Breakfast... I am thinking Pancakes, Sausage and bacon.
But I guess it all comes down to what the mass of people want. And since noone has really sounded off it may be up to the four or five :-drink of us.

No it's a Champion... http://cpeauto.com/de3500RV_gen.htm got it new for under $300. I'll do a tool post on all the info on the Champion. An a link to the RV.net with 157 pages....

As to the food, sound OK to me......

arctic y block 03-25-2007 12:19 PM

Man this sounds like to much fun. What was the date again? 15 June? Motorhome is in Shelton. I just got to get down there.