Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alaska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum152/)
-   -   How's the weather? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/594641-hows-the-weather.html)

oneminizut 03-24-2007 04:52 AM

How's the weather?

Heard you guys were getting some pretty harsh weather up there. How's everyone? Probably alot of internet and power lights down.

greythorn3 03-25-2007 12:41 PM

weather

In Anchorage been sunny and nice. been working outside on the truck all week..

ray

mlb4966 03-25-2007 01:31 PM

Nice and sunny today. Drove back from Anchorage Friday night - Sat morning with a stop in Glennallen but nothing unusual for spring time. Say 8-12 inches of snow on the road for a few hundred miles with blowing snow and white out over the pass. Normal for here. Good set of winter tires and not driving like a butt monkey helps.

Powerlines in our community are mostly underground due to snow loads. At least they gave that some thought.

arctic y block 03-26-2007 11:22 AM

We had a total accumulation of 10 feet. Leaving for Anchorage tomorrow the 27th. We have 4 feet left in the yard now. And it don't sound like it's over yet. Sounds like summer in Anchorage compared to here. Looking forward to the trip up as I like Anchorage. But not looking forward to the aftermath of the neck surgery. I'll be uncomftorable for a couple of weeks to say the least. Like to meet you guy's Mike and Ray. But doesnt sound like I will have any free time. I'll be at the Days Inn around 10PM the 27th. Pre-op the 28th, surgery on the 29th and return on the 30th if everything goes OK.

oneminizut 03-26-2007 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by arctic y block
We had a total accumulation of 10 feet. Leaving for Anchorage tomorrow the 27th. We have 4 feet left in the yard now. And it don't sound like it's over yet. Sounds like summer in Anchorage compared to here. Looking forward to the trip up as I like Anchorage. But not looking forward to the aftermath of the neck surgery. I'll be uncomftorable for a couple of weeks to say the least. Like to meet you guy's Mike and Ray. But doesnt sound like I will have any free time. I'll be at the Days Inn around 10PM the 27th. Pre-op the 28th, surgery on the 29th and return on the 30th if everything goes OK.

So the 30th you might be back around. If you get near a computer before then post a message so we all no how your doing. OK?

arctic y block 03-26-2007 01:33 PM

I will John. The Days Inn has one but it is 5 bucks for a half hour. Thats a lot when ya ain't got it.

oneminizut 03-26-2007 04:12 PM

I will John. The Days Inn has one but it is 5 bucks for a half hour. Thats a lot when ya ain't got it.

Righto. I think I speak for everyone when we say we're pullinfor you and we'd like you back soon.

arctic y block 03-26-2007 07:28 PM

Well it don't look good for getting out tomorrow as the National Weather Service is predicting a White Out with up to a foot more snow between 4AM and 6PM. Bush planes won't do the pass in that weather.

oneminizut 03-26-2007 08:38 PM

Well it don't look good for getting out tomorrow as the National Weather Service is predicting a White Out with up to a foot more snow between 4AM and 6PM. Bush planes won't do the pass in that weather.

Well, what are you gonna do? Can you reschedule for soon?

arctic y block 03-26-2007 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by oneminizut
Well, what are you gonna do? Can you reschedule for soon?

Generally two weeks to rescedual John. Don't think my Dr. will wait that long. But I'll get out tomorrow. One way or the other.

oneminizut 03-27-2007 12:05 AM

Help my slow brain... I don't understand. Now rescheduling in two weeks makes perfect sense but what do you mean by "I'll get out tomorrow"?

arctic y block 03-27-2007 10:32 AM

What i mean John is that if I don't go north as planed. I will more than likely go south on the Medivac

oneminizut 03-27-2007 08:18 PM

What i mean John is that if I don't go north as planed. I will more than likely go south on the Medivac

OHHH... get out and get going. I was thinking for some reason you meant get into the hospital and out by today.

arctic y block 03-27-2007 09:49 PM

Well I am back home. Can't get out do to weather.

oneminizut 03-27-2007 10:08 PM

Well, I told my wife if you go to Harborview I'm taking her rice burner Honda to visit wether she likes it or not!:-X20