Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum246/)
-   -   Tonneau Options w/ Toolbox (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/593642-tonneau-options-w-toolbox.html)

wedge88 03-21-2007 03:57 PM

Tonneau Options w/ Toolbox

I just put a new Delta Toolbox into my 06' SCREW FX4 6.5' bed. I have seen tonneau covers that have the toolbox built in but does anyone know of options to add a tonneau cover with an existing toolbox. On my last truck I went with a Jackrabbit hard retractable cover and loved it but I hated having to jump into the bed to get tools. This truck I went with the toolbox again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gcozmo 03-21-2007 04:17 PM

I did a search awhile back in the Aftermarket Products Forum here and got alot of results by doing the search for "toolbox". There were several results that came up with links on covers added with toolboxes. Hope this helps.

wedge88 03-21-2007 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by gcozmo
I did a search awhile back in the Aftermarket Products Forum here and got alot of results by doing the search for "toolbox". There were several results that came up with links on covers added with toolboxes. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help

RusherRacing 03-22-2007 02:27 PM

Well you can get the Truxedo Lo Pro QT made to work with a tool box.

wedge88 03-22-2007 02:36 PM

Thanks for the help everyone. Just in case someone else does a search on this in the future. Extang makes one and Access make one. This is why I love this site.

jvoigt 03-22-2007 04:21 PM

I have the Extang RT toolbox Tonno.....its a great product and I got it off of Summit racing for a good price.

Check www.summitracing.com and do a Make and model search...if there is one for your truck it will show up.

wedge88 03-22-2007 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by jvoigt
I have the Extang RT toolbox Tonno.....its a great product and I got it off of Summit racing for a good price.

Check www.summitracing.com and do a Make and model search...if there is one for your truck it will show up.

Thanks for the info but www.truckaddons.com has it on sale right now for $205.00

wedge88 03-22-2007 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by jvoigt

Is your tonneau what is in your gallery. Is that velcro or snaps. I thought the Extang was snaps but they sure do not show in the pics. Thanks

jvoigt 03-22-2007 04:56 PM

No snaps....Its all velcro.

screwy 03-22-2007 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by wedge88
Thanks for the info but www.truckaddons.com has it on sale right now for $205.00

ugh, if I were you I’d go elsewhere, took me 5 weeks to get my cover and many others have had the same problem.

wedge88 03-23-2007 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by screwy
ugh, if I were you I’d go elsewhere, took me 5 weeks to get my cover and many others have had the same problem.

Good to know. Are the problems with Truckaddons recent. I have ordered numerous other times and received everything very quickly. It states on the order form that all tonneau covers are shipped from manufacturer so expect 3-5 weeks. I don't like to wait but they do tell you upfront. You can only push the manufacturers so far.

screwy 03-23-2007 05:05 PM

About a month ago for me. I’d be interested as to where you saw the 3-5 weeks thing, I just went and looked and wasn’t able to find it. I’d be a little less disgusted with the experience if I had missed something like that, but not enough to shop there again.

kellie_truxedo 03-26-2007 09:10 AM

Here at Shur-Co we can custom build a cover to go with your toolbox and your pickup. Just fill out the box detail sheet and send it in to your dealer. http://www.truxedo.com/lopro/faq.html#3

It takes one week from when we get the order to when it ships out. If you go to our website you can look through the gallery and see photos of the toolbox specials that we do.

wedge88 03-26-2007 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by kellie_truxedo
Here at Shur-Co we can custom build a cover to go with your toolbox and your pickup. Just fill out the box detail sheet and send it in to your dealer. http://www.truxedo.com/lopro/faq.html#3

It takes one week from when we get the order to when it ships out. If you go to our website you can look through the gallery and see photos of the toolbox specials that we do.

I have downloaded the form but do you have a ball park price? I have standard toolbox that measure about 21" with 6.5' bed. Is this tonneau snaps or velcro? Does the charcoal grey match the dark grey bed caps that came on my 06' FX4 CREW? Sorry for all the questions

jvoigt 03-26-2007 09:37 AM

Hey Wedge,

Just a note, The Extang Rolltop toolbox tonno's run around $300 to $400, and Summit racing seems to have the best deal on price. I thought I would let you know just incase you want to save some $$'s.