Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   I need a JOB (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/593412-i-need-a-job.html)

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-20-2007 09:56 PM

I need a JOB

Look guy's I need a job. I am a jack of all trades and a master of most. I just got told by my Boss's boss that i am no longer the lead of the installation dept. Sales are poor and the devision has not taken off so since I do not do installs I need to be a wherehouseman. I am NOT going to drive 50 miles each way through stop and go Seattle traffic for 2 hours each way to be a wherehouse guy.

So basically I am looking for a JOB and am going to quit as soon as I find the RIGHT one. I am even thinking of relocating to either PDX or Eastern WA.
Any suggestions. :-bigparty

oneminizut 03-20-2007 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG
Look guy's I need a job. I am a jack of all trades and a master of most. I just got told by my Boss's boss that i am no longer the lead of the installation dept. Sales are poor and the devision has not taken off so since I do not do installs I need to be a wherehouseman. I am NOT going to drive 50 miles each way through stop and go Seattle traffic for 2 hours each way to be a wherehouse guy.

Well, I don't know your exact location or how much you were making before but "Hartung Industries" is always hiring in Kent WA. Now, you'd be in a wharehouse but you wouldn't be a wharehouse worker. You would cut glass. And you can lie on your application about being good if you want to come see me first and I can teach you a few tricks of cutting and snapping glass. But, that maybe sounds like BS to you... Just trying to help. I did it for 2 years and I was damn good. Still got some tools too.

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-20-2007 10:04 PM

I am in Arlington, So kent would be a little bit farther. Thanks though
I am actually a CNC tech that has been displaced by the economy. That is why I am thinking of hitting PDX or Eastern Wa

oneminizut 03-20-2007 10:10 PM

Yeah, I thought that was the case. I mean being displaced. Happens so much now days. I have to go to the university everyday to study these subjects just because I was stupid as a kid and became a felon. Now I can't get a good job unless I become "educated". Bull, I've learned more in the last two weeks from Ford columns then I have in the last three years of college.

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-20-2007 10:13 PM

I understand, Waht was the crime? It seems as though the people that want the oppertunities cannot get them and the people that just want to scam get the oppertunities.

oneminizut 03-20-2007 10:19 PM

Well, I've never been a good liar. Just so everone knows I've never been a child molester (kill em all) Arsonist or Armed robbery. I just liked to get drunk and steal cars. I would never smash the cars. I would just drive drunk for awhile, park the car, then get out and sleep it off in the woods. The cars were always recovered but it's still felony. It's the reason they would never let me in the Marines because of my record. And I tried like 7 or 8 times to get around it and they caught me every time and cut me loose.

F2504x4 03-20-2007 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by oneminizut
It's the reason they would never let me in the Marines because of my record. And I tried like 7 or 8 times to get around it and they caught me every time and cut me loose.

Have you thought about getting a lawyer(one that is in good with that court) and filing a petion with the judge who you went before to get it removed so that you can join? yes it will cost you, but if you have stayed out of trouble since it happened and you have good referances and are in school to better yourself, you just could have a chance to have it removed, I have seen it done in certain cases and was very worthwhile for that person to go through the hassle.

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-20-2007 10:26 PM

Well thank you Brother for attempting to serve our country and being pushed down for knowing how to drive while intoxicated. The services have no clue on the calliber of people they lose to this crap.

But do not hijack my thread

luv ya man

oneminizut 03-20-2007 10:29 PM

Yes Sir, But I'm 31 years old now. I can't imagine taking commands from an 18 year old kid. I mean, I want to help but that would just piss me off. I might be liable for grabbing my seargent by the neck. I should have joined when I was young. But I hear what your saying. Sometimes I still think about it because I know they need troops(especially ones as tough as I am...no gloating) and I think it might even work nowadays, it's just that after 30, it gets a little hard taking orders from a young kid.

oneminizut 03-20-2007 10:35 PM

Well thank you Brother for attempting to serve our country and being pushed down for knowing how to drive while intoxicated. The services have no clue on the calliber of people they lose to this crap.

But do not hijack my thread

luv ya man

I appreciate that because I wanted to be a Marine more than anything but they just couldn't see past the DUI. I still would fight now... not because I believe in this war but because I think I could help bring some of our boys home safely.

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-20-2007 10:37 PM

Oohh Raahhh

oneminizut 03-20-2007 10:42 PM

Oohh Raahhh

Oohh Rahh!

But can I even say that. SOB's... I mean war is about old men talking and young men dying. I would rather support them without the damn bumper sticker and by going there myself and using my 30-06 skills snipe off some insurgents.

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-20-2007 10:44 PM

I am sure you do not have any 06 skills because you are a felon and cannot legally have a GUN.

oneminizut 03-20-2007 10:45 PM

I am sure you do not have any 06 skills because you are a felon and cannot legally have a GUN.

Your kidding right? My right as an American under the Constitution is supposed to protect that.

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-20-2007 10:48 PM

I agree, But we both know that as a felon you are no longer able to protect yourself your family or your brethren according to our unjustice system