Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   Sled pulling? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/591813-sled-pulling.html)

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-16-2007 09:10 PM

Sled pulling?

I have a buddy that belongs to the "BOMBER" club. He syas that he went to a sled pull in Bellingham last year and is going to try it this year.
Maybe we can set up some type of Truck olympics. I am thinking of somthing like a general G2G but in a field and we do stupid things like a stump pulling competition. Or an Auto Cross style obsticle course. Maybe a home made sled or dead car pull. :-headbang
Am I the only guy remotelly interested in somthing like this?

Placermike 03-17-2007 03:44 PM

No Marty...That sounds like a fun plan to put in action!

Down in the Little Town of Washington, CA they have 'Biker Days'. The town only has a population slightly over 300, if you cout some trees. This event has grown over the years. Last summer, about 200 bikers and who knows how many tourists attended. The CHP even found the need to have about 10 troopers attending...didn't matter that you might see a sherrif deputy 'bout once every other week.

Anyways, one of the silly competitions was a moped throw. That drew the second biggest crowd (Next to the Harley Drag down main).

How about comming up with a firm plan, that we can put into action?

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-17-2007 06:30 PM

Well,lets see who else may be interested. From their geography we will find a place.

Placermike 03-18-2007 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG
Well,lets see who else may be interested. From their geography we will find a place.

Based on geography, you will have to find a place in the middle of the Hood Canal...lol}>...Perhaps a 'Fish' pull?

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-18-2007 03:40 PM

Well,HMMMM

I think we will need snorkle kits then

Placermike 03-18-2007 05:16 PM

Heck with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Bigger tires and lift kits...LMFAO

lostmybeer 03-19-2007 12:30 AM

With my 35's I believe we can use them as paddles. Anyway, where do I sign up for the dead car pull, stump drag, or mud puddle drag race?

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-19-2007 09:52 AM

i AM JUST GETTING STARTED ON THE WHOLE THING, ANY SUGGESTIONS ON A PLACE?
I AM THINKING REITER PIT IN GOLDBAR OR SOME "REAL" ORV PARK

Rusty49 03-19-2007 10:53 AM

I might be interested, I will keep an eye on the the thread

Placermike 03-19-2007 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG

Looks like you have some interest Marty.

arctic y block 03-19-2007 03:57 PM

I'm in. I'll bring the F350 with a ton on the deck and pull a half dozen of yer puny pickups at the same time. HAAA The track at the Shelton airport or similar may work. Just got to contact the clubs that are authorized to use them and find out the particulars. Spanaway is anouther one.

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-19-2007 09:23 PM

Does anyone know If thare is an ORV near Ocean Shores? I just thought that Ocean shores would make a great G2G site. It has a beach to cruise. Camping, and even Hotels for the "show girls". It has a few bars for night life restaurants for breakfast and even a Dairy Queen for the kiddies if anyone besides me has one or three.

lostmybeer 03-20-2007 12:58 AM

There is an ORV on the way to Ocean Shores. South side of the highway after the rest area. Not sure what that area is really called. I'll be out there at the beach camping out with the family, probably living at DQ with my kids and my ma and pa.

oneminizut 03-20-2007 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Placermike
Heck with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Bigger tires and lift kits...LMFAO

Damnit!, I want to do it but I dont know if I'd be ready in time with my 250. I'm crazy though so I will sure as hell break an axle trying! lol

Originally Posted by MartyStowRig
Does anyone know If thare is an ORV near Ocean Shores? I just thought that Ocean shores would make a great G2G site. It has a beach to cruise. Camping, and even Hotels for the "show girls". It has a few bars for night life restaurants for breakfast and even a Dairy Queen for the kiddies if anyone besides me has one or three.

I wouldn't mind some beach cruising or even racing if we could set it up. My trucks more built for that anyways. It's not as powerful like some members.

arctic y block 03-20-2007 10:39 AM

Sled Pulling & or Pull off's

I think we are still on the subject? There are three places that come to mind.
The Sanderson Airport in Shelton has a place.
The Elma Fair Grounds also. And There is an ATV and 4X4 run between Shelton and Elma on HWY 101 near Elma. They had the National Monster truck run there last summer with Big Foot, Grave Digger and others. Contact the Elma Fair Grounds Committee on either of those I think. Even If they are having races at the Fair grounds there is still a place for pull offs I believe. But I can't believe there is no one on here that doesnt race there. Call the City's and they should be able to steer you to the right people to contact in all cases.