Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   Who is Actually a Native of Washington? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/584288-who-is-actually-a-native-of-washington.html)

Placermike 02-25-2007 03:18 PM

Who is Actually a Native of Washington?

The saying in California is that all the native Californians have moved. Is this true of Washington State?

Thought it would be fun to start a thread that showed where each member was born.

Placermike 02-25-2007 03:19 PM

Placermike Auburn,CA

Ford_Six 02-25-2007 04:51 PM

I'm not really a native of anywhere-
I was born in RI, grew up in Maine, and lived in CT, FL, WA, and AZ for at least a year and a half in each.
Been here for better than three years now, though, and got married here, so I am kinda exempt from non-native status.............

Placermike 02-25-2007 05:14 PM

You sound like me Jared. I claim to be born and raised in NorCal, which is not a lie. But I was a military brat, then joined the miltary myself...needless to say, I am a resident of the planet....lol

arctic y block 02-25-2007 05:44 PM

Born in Port Angeles 3/6/53. Raised in Sekiu, Clallam Bay. Moved to Alaska in 77.

Placermike 02-25-2007 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by arctic y block
Born in Port Angeles 3/6/53. Raised in Sekiu, Clallam Bay. Moved to Alaska in 77.

Looks like you should sign the 'Chapter Roll Call', and put your name on the chapter map.:-wink

arctic y block 02-25-2007 10:27 PM

Joined the Chapter. But don't know the rest. Looks like we will me moving back down soon if the Doc's can't put me back together as it cost to much ta live here if ya can't work.

Placermike 02-25-2007 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by arctic y block
Joined the Chapter. But don't know the rest. Looks like we will me moving back down soon if the Doc's can't put me back together as it cost to much ta live here if ya can't work.

Hate to hear about the health issues, but you will be welcomed back!

redhawkssh44 02-26-2007 02:54 AM

I was born in New Mexico and moved all around the South West (New Mexico, Arizonia and Colorado) until I was 8. I spent the next 10 years in Colorado until I joined the Army. First duty station was at Ft. Lewis, WA and I married a native Washingtonian durring that tour. I moved back here in 1995 after a tour in Alaska and Georgia.

Placermike 02-26-2007 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by redhawkssh44
I was born in New Mexico and moved all around the South West (New Mexico, Arizonia and Colorado) until I was 8. I spent the next 10 years in Colorado until I joined the Army. First duty station was at Ft. Lewis, WA and I married a native Washingtonian durring that tour. I moved back here in 1995 after a tour in Alaska and Georgia.

Great to meet another Lewis soldier. I was Alpha 2/75th Ranger Regiment at Ft Lewis from 83-87.

hackwillie 02-26-2007 02:26 PM

Born in Olympia, moved around a couple of logging camps in alaska for my first four or five years. I was too young to remember most of that. Been back in SW Washington ever since.

arctic y block 02-26-2007 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by hackwillie
Born in Olympia, moved around a couple of logging camps in alaska for my first four or five years. I was too young to remember most of that. Been back in SW Washington ever since.

So do ya remember what logging camps ya was in? Most likely southeast as there ain't no timber any where else. May have worked with yer old man.

hackwillie 02-27-2007 01:29 PM

We spent time in Coffman Cove and Ketchican for sure and if I remember right we spent a little time in Craig. I was pretty young back then. Where did you spend most of your time?

RickF350 02-27-2007 05:06 PM

I was born in Yakima, WA

arctic y block 02-27-2007 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by hackwillie
We spent time in Coffman Cove and Ketchican for sure and if I remember right we spent a little time in Craig. I was pretty young back then. Where did you spend most of your time?

I live on the same Island as Craig. Just north of Coffman. In Whale Pass. Loggen Comercal fishing. And Tourists about all we got. And the tourists Is most of that. Loggen and Fishing are about done. The Us Forest Circus has caranial rectites. As 35% ot the forests are over ripe and turning into snags. Need ta log it and let the reprod come back 100%.