Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oregon Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum190/)
-   -   Album update (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/582551-album-update.html)

wmjoe1953 02-20-2007 10:03 PM

Album update

OK, you all have seen that I have come back from my long vacation (some vacation). Anyhow, the long awaited updates for the F-800 semi project are loaded into the gallery. It's HUGE. The good news, is that it does run, and I have driven around in my drive way. I may have to lower the cab height though, because I may have a good set of fenders coming for it. If I lower it, I'll have to do a body drop on the sleeper. Oh well, I'll figure it out. I may also have a nice pair of 100 gallon or 150 gallon aluminum tanks coming for it too. I also priced some 6" exhaust pipes, and they'll reach about 3 feet over the cab roof (if I lower it back down). Air ride is not going to happen any time soon (too expensive).

fabmandelux 02-22-2007 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by wmjoe1953
OK, you all have seen that I have come back from my long vacation (some vacation). Anyhow, the long awaited updates for the F-800 semi project are loaded into the gallery. It's HUGE. The good news, is that it does run, and I have driven around in my drive way. I may have to lower the cab height though, because I may have a good set of fenders coming for it. If I lower it, I'll have to do a body drop on the sleeper. Oh well, I'll figure it out. I may also have a nice pair of 100 gallon or 150 gallon aluminum tanks coming for it too. I also priced some 6" exhaust pipes, and they'll reach about 3 feet over the cab roof (if I lower it back down). Air ride is not going to happen any time soon (too expensive).

Nice project Joe! I went a little different direction with mine...........I'm mounting the 56 F-600 that's in my gallery on a 68 F-350 CC chassis. It has a 430 ci Lincoln with a C-6/ with a Warn overdrive, Dana 70 dually rear/ with 4:11 Detroit locker, and will be slammed to the ground. I'm still trying to find an old "50's" style small sleeper to mount on it. I'm going to pull my 35' tandem Axel duel wheel trailer with it. I may have some extra 56 F-600 sheet metal you may want. I've got a cab, fenders, Etc that I need gone. Maybe if you could find the sleeper I'm looking for we could do some trading?

wmjoe1953 02-22-2007 08:46 PM

What do you think of the sleeper that's on mine? I think I am going to pull it off, and put a larger one on it.

fabmandelux 02-22-2007 08:57 PM

What do you think of the sleeper that's on mine? I think I am going to pull it off, and put a larger one on it.

Need some better pics of just the sleeper, and some measurements, but I'm really looking for an "older" style. Even just a shell from an old one would work, because my wife does upholstery, and I'll redesign the inside anyway.

wmjoe1953 02-22-2007 09:04 PM

I'll have to get some more pics to you. I do know that it's a 36 inch "coffin" sleeper and it came off of a Peterbilt. I can get some measurements for you too. It was free to me from a trucker friend, but for what I want to do with it, it's not big enough. My idea was to lay out the sleeper kind of like a rolling lounge. I want to put in a fridge, and microwave, and entertainment system for the kids on road trips. The 36" isn't big enough for my ideas.

fabmandelux 02-22-2007 09:12 PM

I'll have to get some more pics to you. I do know that it's a 36 inch "coffin" sleeper and it came off of a Peterbilt. I can get some measurements for you too. It was free to me from a trucker friend, but for what I want to do with it, it's not big enough. My idea was to lay out the sleeper kind of like a rolling lounge. I want to put in a fridge, and microwave, and entertainment system for the kids on road trips. The 36" isn't big enough for my ideas.

I saw just what I was looking for in Montana last summer but the guy wouldn't sell it.......... It was a 24". I think 36" is to wide. The look I'm trying for is Low, Sleek, and Fast :-D