Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Montana Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum130/)
-   -   Finally a Cabelas in Montana! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/579801-finally-a-cabelas-in-montana.html)

Matts72 02-13-2007 10:26 PM

Finally a Cabelas in Montana!

Rumors have been flying around for years... but they are true now... The store will sit on 54 acres.

http://www.montanasnewsstation.com/G....asp?S=6079265

big hoss 29 02-13-2007 11:28 PM

OOH OOH, I feel light headed! I can almost smell the money I'm going to spend there!

ShamelessMT 02-14-2007 11:56 PM

I heard last that they were supposed to be building here in Bozeman. I guess the price of land must have been too high, so they decided on Billings

Matts72 02-15-2007 12:10 AM

Out on Zoo drive they have had a big sign that said that a new sporting goods store/complex was going to be built there for a couple years, and under that sign was another that read "sources confirm that this is not cabelas" yet this is the exact location, and consequently the highest dollar value piece of property in Yellowstone county.

I sent a letter to Cabelas, and the project developer, Fisher Industries, to use environmentally friendly recycled glass in the parking lot rather than asphalt. I hope they consider it.

Prplmnsterf150 02-16-2007 08:15 AM

When is this going Down?

big hoss 29 02-16-2007 08:36 AM

They said that construction could start this summer.

Fordlover55 03-07-2007 12:44 AM

I can't remember the name of it, but there's a hugmongous sporting goods store in Missoula, that sells all kinds of expensive name brand stuff. I could barely afford to open the door to get out!!

I guess if one has lots of money...which is looking worse and worse all the time for me...a Cabella's would be great. I do drool through their catalogs regularly, like everyone else.

I'm hoping to get a job with Kimber, in the near future. Their sales and tech office is headquartered here. A friend sells and has been there a while..so I think he's making a living..doh. So... if I can get 40 hours weekly...then bring the Cabella's on up here to the big city of Kalispell, too. IF!!!

Matts72 03-07-2007 12:45 PM

REI is a pretty nice store, but you are right... they are pretty high priced.

I just got a new job for an irrigation company here in town... hell of a lot better work than selling tires...

mudmaker 03-07-2007 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Matts72
I sent a letter to Cabelas, and the project developer, Fisher Industries, to use environmentally friendly recycled glass in the parking lot rather than asphalt. I hope they consider it.

If Fisher is involved then they will probably use concrete instead of asphalt, just to make sure JTL doesnt sell the ashpalt.

Matts72 03-08-2007 01:12 AM

Fisher industries is different than Fisher Sand and Gravel... besides JTL/Empire/Cop get nearly every other bid out there. HL Ostermiller rarely underbids them.

I hope they make it a positive energy source with sky lights and rooftop solar panels.

mudmaker 03-08-2007 08:28 PM

Actually Fisher Industries owns Fisher Sand and Gravel. I was told they set the plant up in Billings specifically to target MDU/Kniferiver, which owns JTL

Anyway, I hope to see Cabelas in Billings! It will be a great place to kill time waiting on the wife to do her shoping!!

Matts72 03-09-2007 12:26 AM

These companies change names and stories every other week... you just never know what to believe...

1979 Ford 03-10-2007 08:25 PM

The Cabelas in Mitchell SD is highly overrated. Its more of a yuppies paradise. The only Cabelas I really liked is the original in Sidney Nebraska.

Blue50F-1 03-11-2007 08:35 PM

We've got a Cabelas here on the West side of KC. It's a pretty nice place, though I haven't ever bought much from there.

It does have skylights and solar panels though, for those who are concerned, and the lot's concrete here (though I'm sure that has more to do with local supplies than anything else).

--Wandering Through the High Plains Forum--

Matts72 03-12-2007 12:58 AM

Asphalt is vey plentiful here, with two oil pipelines coming from Alberta Canada and three oil refineries in spitting distance... I imagine it will be built with an asphalt lot as there isn't any glass recycling in Billings, although a glass recycling and processing facitlity exists in nearby Miles City.