Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Competition (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum187/)
-   -   Getting a good burnout going (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/576344-getting-a-good-burnout-going.html)

RangerPilot 02-04-2007 10:55 PM

Getting a good burnout going

How do you guys with manuals get a good burnout going? Auto is easy...slam the brakes and then the gas... manuals giving me some issues, so I turn to the diesel comp guys, since we have no gas comp forum.

Stop the truck while in first and just hold the gas down?

Suggestions appreciated.

VQ2Fast4U 02-05-2007 04:24 AM

Heel toe braking, this is a technique used for downshifting when racing. But im sure it would work for a burn out. Just use the ball of your foot to press the brake, while doing that turn your foot and use your heel to press the gas at the same time. Hope that makes sence.

RubberDuck 02-06-2007 03:31 AM

Zach, usually the way I do it is put it in second gear try to pull the truck to a stop with the brakes and lay down on the throttle. Sooner or later the rear tires are going to overcome wanting to stop, and let the burnout ensue!!! Alot of times my front tires start skidding, but it will hook sooner or later. In my gassers, I did the heel toe thing and just dropped it. That makes me nervious in this machine. It's got enough torque to really tear some shizzle up. Though I'm sure it would burn the tires just the same. Sooner or later, alcohol will end the debate of weather or not I should drop it. I'll let you know when it does.

79superduty 02-06-2007 04:55 AM

with 700hp i just smash the gasss.

wizzard351 02-06-2007 09:41 AM

hold the gas down drop the clutch and stab the brake never lettin off the throtle.i have ben noted to use a vice grip with the jaws wraped in blacktape to pinch off the rear rubber brake line to get a nice rosty toasty goin for pic's dont ride around with it pinched off tho

RangerPilot 02-06-2007 10:55 AM

Thanks for all the help guys. I used RubberDuck's way, as that was kinda what I was thinking beforehand, coast to a slow roll, hit the brakes, then the gas, and increase both. Tires unlock, truck comes to a quick stop, and voila...lots of smoke for my entertainment!

Thanks guys, I'm sure all methods will come in handy!

jimbo beam 02-25-2007 02:18 AM

if you want lots of smoke, and not just from the tires. simply press in the clutch, put gas to the floor and release clutch. somethings bound to burn and/or smoke.

i road around with a buddy that use to do that to a tempo, it didnt fair to long.

RangerPilot 02-25-2007 12:05 PM

I'd like some longetivity to go with my fun...

I've got it pretty well down now...thanks for the help guys.

FivePointo 03-02-2007 10:06 AM

Roll control .. line lock .. call it what you want, works like a charm

furball69 03-03-2007 11:44 PM

Line lock is the proper way to do it.

phil6608 03-04-2007 02:37 AM

Yes a good line lock kit is the best way and a lot better for the truck.

RangerPilot 03-04-2007 11:17 AM

Any suggestions on best brands for line lock? I saw a reference to Hurst and they seem to put out good products.